September 26, 2018, 02:53:31 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 8862 times)

March 03, 2018, 04:09:09 PM
Reply #15

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Love stuff like this.

If you cut Kenny he'd bleed scouse

March 03, 2018, 04:24:51 PM
Reply #16

Ridge

Can definitely see Holgate having a good PL career.

In terms of best potential I think DCL is the player with most talent. He's got ice blood when finishing and I struggle to think of forwards who were better target men at his age.

I don't think he''ll score as many as Lukaku, but I think team will score more.

We've given him fuck all supply this season, so think stats are not bad under circumstances.

March 03, 2018, 04:32:41 PM
Reply #17

Ridge

And I don't know what to think about Dowell. I thought he was very talented before this season, but he's scoring goals that virtually no other player can. Young players are inconsistent, so inconsistently great is not a major issue until older.

I'd want to see him develop into a Silva type player who can pull strings. If he gets better at protecting the ball, he's got the vision and touch.

March 07, 2018, 01:32:11 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

I like to have a look on other clubs forums. Mainly because I can be miserable on there and not fall out with blues

Anyways..... no one rates our young players apart from us. Maybe lookman and Davies a little bit. Not DCL. Not Kenny. Not Pickford. Not Holgate. I do think we rate them more in hope that they'll become the worldclass players we desperately need rather than what we actually see on a Saturday

March 07, 2018, 01:50:09 AM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I like to have a look on other clubs forums. Mainly because I can be miserable on there and not fall out with blues

Anyways..... no one rates our young players apart from us. Maybe lookman and Davies a little bit. Not DCL. Not Kenny. Not Pickford. Not Holgate. I do think we rate them more in hope that they'll become the worldclass players we desperately need rather than what we actually see on a Saturday
I dont rate many youngsters from other clubs tbh
Maybe cos I don't see enough of them.
Simply simply lovely

March 07, 2018, 01:07:42 PM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

Ideally they shouldnít be getting game time with us until theyíre up to speed/standard of the 1st team (obviously not this seasonís shite). Another contributing factor to us being shite this year is weíve had far too many young players learning on the job.

March 07, 2018, 01:07:54 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Go and post there then. Sounds like you'll fit in well.

They're all good players with premier league futures, some will make it at a higher level, some will just have solid careers so am not sure what your point is?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:09:00 PM by TheRam »

March 07, 2018, 01:51:58 PM
Reply #22

Makis

And probably most fans think the same of the youngsters at their clubs.

March 07, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
Reply #23

Morta75

My pick is
Top Level: Davies and Holgate

Other that will become ok squad players
Lookman
Kenny
Dowell
Vlasic
DCL

March 07, 2018, 01:58:45 PM
Reply #24

Hawkandro

Can definitely see Holgate having a good PL career.

In terms of best potential I think DCL is the player with most talent. He's got ice blood when finishing and I struggle to think of forwards who were better target men at his age.

I don't think he''ll score as many as Lukaku, but I think team will score more.

We've given him fuck all supply this season, so think stats are not bad under circumstances.

I like DCL when he is played centrally. He offers absolutely nothing on the wing though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 07, 2018, 02:00:28 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

My pick is
Top Level: Davies and Holgate

Other that will become ok squad players
Lookman
Kenny
Dowell
Vlasic
DCL

I think Lookman has something about him, but he is the type of player that will be unplayable one game and then unwatchable another, but he needs a good run of games first and foremost. Would be ahead of Bolasie all day long for me.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 07, 2018, 02:12:40 PM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

Iím really missing what the DCL not being very good crowd at on about. I think heís got some attributes way beyond his years and level of experience should have.

Hate to compare to Harry Kane, but that guy couldnít buy a goal until a few years ago. Heís just a recent example, Iím 100% certain that goals scorers donít set the league alight in their teens. Theyíre the exception to the rule.

March 07, 2018, 02:14:58 PM
Reply #27

Toddacelli

And does anyone know where Vlasic is?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 07, 2018, 02:43:37 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iím really missing what the DCL not being very good crowd at on about. I think heís got some attributes way beyond his years and level of experience should have.

Hate to compare to Harry Kane, but that guy couldnít buy a goal until a few years ago. Heís just a recent example, Iím 100% certain that goals scorers donít set the league alight in their teens. Theyíre the exception to the rule.

Be interesting to see him play for a manager that doesn't treat him like Emile Heskey.

March 07, 2018, 02:55:11 PM
Reply #29

Rhys

Harry Kane is a huge rarity going from where he was to where he did in such a quick time as in about 10 career goals at Dcls age now to 30+ the following season. The challenge for dcl is he doesnít look a major threat with goals. Heís played quite a lot of games but I couldnít say what kind of finisher he is, if he has a hard shot, decent shot with his left foot etc because he seems to barely have efforts on goal when he plays.

He has a lot of good attributes and must take instructions well for managers to use him as much as they have and trust him in unnatural positions to a job off the ball. So if he gets stronger and develops with the experience he will get he could become a useful forward even without goals like teams have from people like Okazaki. If he doesnít develop and become a good focal point and and doesnít add goals in he wonít make it at this level. But itís just whether goal instincts can be developed, movement around the box or how good a finisher he is but that will come down to the level of coaching as well.