December 17, 2018, 07:42:54 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 9894 times)

March 03, 2018, 04:09:09 PM
Read 9894 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Love stuff like this.

If you cut Kenny he'd bleed scouse

March 07, 2018, 01:07:54 PM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like to have a look on other clubs forums. Mainly because I can be miserable on there and not fall out with blues

Anyways..... no one rates our young players apart from us. Maybe lookman and Davies a little bit. Not DCL. Not Kenny. Not Pickford. Not Holgate. I do think we rate them more in hope that they'll become the worldclass players we desperately need rather than what we actually see on a Saturday

Go and post there then. Sounds like you'll fit in well.

They're all good players with premier league futures, some will make it at a higher level, some will just have solid careers so am not sure what your point is?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:09:00 PM by TheRam »

March 07, 2018, 02:43:37 PM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iím really missing what the DCL not being very good crowd at on about. I think heís got some attributes way beyond his years and level of experience should have.

Hate to compare to Harry Kane, but that guy couldnít buy a goal until a few years ago. Heís just a recent example, Iím 100% certain that goals scorers donít set the league alight in their teens. Theyíre the exception to the rule.

Be interesting to see him play for a manager that doesn't treat him like Emile Heskey.

March 07, 2018, 05:28:36 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I guess my point is that most think our great youngsters are in the main a bit shit. That maybe people on here rate the likes of Pickford Holgate Vlasic, DCL and kenny in hope rather than anything they've seen because they've all been a bit crap

And just where exactly are you getting these opinions from and why are you using them as a basis on which to judge the young players.

The majority of our fans are level headed when it comes to the young players, just take this thread for example. I accept sometimes we can go over the top, but I haven't really seen anyone call these players world class.

The reason you get yourself so wound up is because everything is black and white to you.

Players are either great or shit. There's no middle ground with you, so when you see someone say something like 'I think DCL can be a very good player with inprovement' you can't comprehend anyone having such a point of view.

These are young players by the way, they're going to have periods when they are shit. That's another thing you don't seem to be able to comprehend.

March 08, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Seven goals and four assists in half a season of football, his first at any level let alone the top flight, in a team that hasn't created much all season tells us he's got something to work with.

I agree he doesn't look like a genuine finisher but he's been feeding off scraps all season and he's still mentally finding his feet at this level after a pretty rapid rise, starting with the winning goal in a World Cup final.
He, like everyone in the squad, will benefit from a stable managerial situation and someone from an attacking point of view putting an arm around him and coaching him through his finishing/movement. The fact we have the dinosaurs at the minute on borrowed time indicates he's on his own and like the rest of the kids will have to bear with it until things settle down, which isn't ideal at a crucial stage in their development.

I'm sure he has a few more assists than you mentioned there as well.

March 08, 2018, 07:43:57 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You talk shite and can't read and you can pan someone who you paid £32 million for and keeps making the same mistake . Troll someone else you tit .

What mistake does he keep making?

Oh, you do realise that he's 23, well recently turned 24, so he is going to make mistakes?

March 08, 2018, 09:23:46 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I take it you wear the same glasses as your avatar if you need me to point them out . Fine he is young and can only get better . Cool ? Chill out its not like I have offended your Mrs or something . Its like fucking North Korea on here if you say anything negative about certain players . Just agree to disagree eh .

Nope, you offered an opinion on a player and I'm responding.

You've said he's making the same mistake all the time, I don't see that, so what mistakes are you talking about?

Thing is though, he's 24, way off a goalkeepers peak, are you expecting him to not make any mistakes?

Personally think considering the shit show that's infront of him he's probably been one of our most impressive players and his potential is huge.

March 09, 2018, 08:20:15 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I am expecting not to be called out for offering an opinion . There is a difference between he is utter fucking wank and he keeps making mistakes . He is 24 and has played over 200 games . Now that may not be that much for a keeper but in comparison it is far more experience than any other youngster in our team . That's all folks !

Fucking hell.

I didn't call you out.

Just disagreed with your opinion and asked you to state what mistakes he keeps making.

I'll gladly get into a discussion about Pickford with you as I think he's the business.

So, what mistake is it that he keeps making? I see flaws in his game but have no doubt these will improve over time, but I don't see him making constant errors. If anything he's been our most consistent performer, do you disagree?

March 10, 2018, 12:46:01 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's played well.

Anyone else?

March 10, 2018, 03:02:57 AM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Plenty of people in the game really rate Pickford and DCL.

March 12, 2018, 12:29:13 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly got no idea what yous are talking about

People have seen their arse because someone has disagreed with them.

March 19, 2018, 05:48:52 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's played quite a bit like, certainly enough to develop his game.

Allardyce has absolutely no clue what the best way to develop a player like lookman is.

He's at a team playing a a very high level, in the latter stages of the Europa league.

The education and experience he'll get from that alone will be valuable.

There's been quite a few British players who've decided to move abroad over the last 12 months and they all talk about how much more they're learning over there.

There's a world outside English football like.

March 28, 2018, 01:53:08 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whoís Maddison? Thatís a cracking ball. Great finish from DCL too

Boss player him. Should defo be having a look at him