December 16, 2018, 06:51:04 PM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 9884 times)

March 02, 2018, 02:55:21 PM
Read 9884 times

Makis

Onyekuru might never get a work permit.

Davies has a knack of making things happen, he drives the team forward. That's a great ability to have. Still lots to do but the signs are good.

DCL looks like someone who will make a decent career as the #2 striker in a midtable PL team. A Troy Deeney type, if you will. He's still young but he needs to improve his finishing drastically to go beyond that.

Holgate has looked good in his outings but frankly in that defence it doesn't take much so the jury's out.

Kenny, too, looks a decent prospect but it was easy to see how far he's still to go when Coleman was back. Still, an attacking fullback or wing-back position in the PL is definitely doable. It's more a question of the level within.

Baningime is impossible to judge. Anyone can look good replacing Schneiderlin. He looked decent but that's about it.

Lookkman's problem is he doesn't really fit into many roles. In that sense a lot like Deulofeu, neither can defend so they have to play as wide forwards rather than midfielders. Needs to improve decision making and off-the-ball play considerably if he is to cash in on his strengths. He's no Neymar with the ball so that alone just isn't enough at this level.

Dowell has all the signs of a lower league cult player. Scores wondergoals but overall contribution is not enough for this level.

Vlasic's defensive contribution is on par with Lookman but his decision making is better with the ball and he's obviously more physical which also helps. This means he can also play centrally in the #10 role which gives more options.

March 07, 2018, 01:51:58 PM
Reply #1

Makis

And probably most fans think the same of the youngsters at their clubs.

March 08, 2018, 02:04:46 PM
Reply #2

Makis

There was a video where DCL, Rooney and someone else did some sort of finishing competition at FF and even there DCL looked poor.

March 08, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
Reply #3

Makis

Bwaahaa, I said something unflattering about DCL and spoiled your day.

March 08, 2018, 05:07:16 PM
Reply #4

Makis

Hopefully you didn't upset anyone blaming Pickford for the goals on Sunday as he did make a flying save to compensate .
Where did that come from? I haven't mentioned Pickford in any context in a long time. But if Pickford has glaring deficiencies in his game I can actually call them out. Better than pretend that all our youngsters are going to be superstars because they have absolutely no faults.

I didn't even see the match as I was visiting my mother-in-law as she turned 75.

March 10, 2018, 05:27:12 AM
Reply #5

Makis

Non Everton fans don't watch Everton games, unless we're plying their team, though. We aren't a fashionable club that people enjoy watching (like City, Spurs, Liverpool etc). So when people see the highlights reel on MOTD of Pickford conceding over and over they're bound to think he's been poor. It's all about perception, and this is what you're failing to grasp.
And Everton fans don't watch enough of other teams to form a balanced opinion either.

March 10, 2018, 05:36:57 PM
Reply #6

Makis

Seriously, any idiot who uses the frog in any form or shape needs a good whacking. Either you are an idiot because you don't know what it is or you shouldn't leave r/TheDonald and 4chan.

March 10, 2018, 08:57:08 PM
Reply #7

Makis

Why would being Indian stop you from being alt-right?

And Pepe is the symbol of the worst of the alt-right. You could pretty much paint a swastika on that shirt if you want  to denigrate it. Wouldn't make much difference. And I know it's originally from India.

You can educate yourself with:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/entertainment/pepe-the-frog-is-now-a-racist-symbol/2016/09/28/39797d3a-85b9-11e6-b57d-dd49277af02f_video.html?utm_term=.56b246965723
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-20161011-snap-htmlstory.html

I edited the message because I only wanted to include the relevant part. I read the message too quickly and didn't realise he said the same thing.