June 19, 2018, 06:28:03 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 7573 times)

March 08, 2018, 02:04:46 PM
Reply #45

Makis

There was a video where DCL, Rooney and someone else did some sort of finishing competition at FF and even there DCL looked poor.

March 08, 2018, 02:22:59 PM
Reply #46

Jamokachi

There was a video where DCL, Rooney and someone else did some sort of finishing competition at FF and even there DCL looked poor.

Well fucking hell, that settles it lads. DCL looked shite in a promotional video. Get rid now, ship him out to Forest Green.

Fuck sake.

March 08, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
Reply #47

Makis

Bwaahaa, I said something unflattering about DCL and spoiled your day.

March 08, 2018, 02:56:43 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Seven goals and four assists in half a season of football, his first at any level let alone the top flight, in a team that hasn't created much all season tells us he's got something to work with.

I agree he doesn't look like a genuine finisher but he's been feeding off scraps all season and he's still mentally finding his feet at this level after a pretty rapid rise, starting with the winning goal in a World Cup final.
He, like everyone in the squad, will benefit from a stable managerial situation and someone from an attacking point of view putting an arm around him and coaching him through his finishing/movement. The fact we have the dinosaurs at the minute on borrowed time indicates he's on his own and like the rest of the kids will have to bear with it until things settle down, which isn't ideal at a crucial stage in their development.

March 08, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Seven goals and four assists in half a season of football, his first at any level let alone the top flight, in a team that hasn't created much all season tells us he's got something to work with.

I agree he doesn't look like a genuine finisher but he's been feeding off scraps all season and he's still mentally finding his feet at this level after a pretty rapid rise, starting with the winning goal in a World Cup final.
He, like everyone in the squad, will benefit from a stable managerial situation and someone from an attacking point of view putting an arm around him and coaching him through his finishing/movement. The fact we have the dinosaurs at the minute on borrowed time indicates he's on his own and like the rest of the kids will have to bear with it until things settle down, which isn't ideal at a crucial stage in their development.

I'm sure he has a few more assists than you mentioned there as well.

March 08, 2018, 03:43:06 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

I'm sure he has a few more assists than you mentioned there as well.

Yeh he probably has, as well as winning two penalties off the top of my head against West Ham and obviously wound the shite up at their place, which counts double.

March 08, 2018, 04:02:19 PM
Reply #51

Rodenplav64

Yeh he probably has, as well as winning two penalties off the top of my head against West Ham and obviously wound the shite up at their place, which counts double.

He shouldn't have been leading the line as he is just not experienced enough yet . He would have done well under Martinez as I think on reflection youngsters fared quite well . Can't really pan anyone playing up front this season . They should all get marks for getting in the opponents half .

March 08, 2018, 04:03:53 PM
Reply #52

Rodenplav64

Bwaahaa, I said something unflattering about DCL and spoiled your day.

Hopefully you didn't upset anyone blaming Pickford for the goals on Sunday as he did make a flying save to compensate .

March 08, 2018, 04:20:01 PM
Reply #53

Jamokachi

Can't pan a young forward but can pan a young goalkeeper. Once again, @Rodenplav64 with the most insightful of posts.

March 08, 2018, 04:35:34 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

I wouldn't blame any kid for their performances in this shitstorm of a season. Let's judge them when they have a competent manager and a stable environment to work in before we pass any definitive judgement.

March 08, 2018, 05:07:16 PM
Reply #55

Makis

Hopefully you didn't upset anyone blaming Pickford for the goals on Sunday as he did make a flying save to compensate .
Where did that come from? I haven't mentioned Pickford in any context in a long time. But if Pickford has glaring deficiencies in his game I can actually call them out. Better than pretend that all our youngsters are going to be superstars because they have absolutely no faults.

I didn't even see the match as I was visiting my mother-in-law as she turned 75.

March 08, 2018, 06:28:30 PM
Reply #56

SANA_DR0

Been reading that DCL will get a call up the world cup squad.. if he does im betting on him to score a goal in the final,

that would be a fucking epic year for DCL, (even if he doesnt play in the world cup) being picked in the squad, would give him so much confidence.. on top of that Niasse has been chosen to represent Ghana (gueye! lol)  first time he has been picked since 2016? From no locker, to keeping Koeman in a job, to basically scoring goals and winning games when we had no attack.. to being in the world cup squad (dreams)

2 strikers that so many people shit on, hopefully will make it the biggest footballing stage.

makes me so fucking happy to be a Toffee.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 08, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
Reply #57

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Been reading that DCL will get a call up the world cup squad.. if he does im betting on him to score a goal in the final,

that would be a fucking epic year for DCL, (even if he doesnt play in the world cup) being picked in the squad, would give him so much confidence.. on top of that Niasse has been chosen to represent Ghana (gueye! lol)  first time he has been picked since 2016? From no locker, to keeping Koeman in a job, to basically scoring goals and winning games when we had no attack.. to being in the world cup squad (dreams)

2 strikers that so many people shit on, hopefully will make it the biggest footballing stage.

makes me so fucking happy to be a Toffee.

Niasse has been called up to Senegal not Ghana?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 08, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
Reply #58

BlueMaquis

Is being called up to the Senegal national team really that much of an achievement? I mean come on.

March 08, 2018, 07:11:18 PM
Reply #59

SANA_DR0

Niasse has been called up to Senegal not Ghana?

sorry just wanted to include gana gueye. lol
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....