October 19, 2018, 12:45:47 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34141 times)

March 14, 2018, 07:55:51 PM
Reply #105

bacon sarnie

Allardyce wants to bring in Wilshere and Jones to give the team a spine according to the BBC.

I must stop reading the news!

March 14, 2018, 08:30:27 PM
Reply #106

Ramjam

Allardyce wants to bring in Wilshere and Jones to give the team a spine according to the BBC.

I must stop reading the news!
He probably means Vinny Jones n all
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 09, 2018, 04:46:43 PM
Reply #107

Hawkandro

Linked with Aaron Cresswell today, for £25m.

Luckily it is in The Sun, so no chance of that happening.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 11, 2018, 05:09:51 AM
Reply #108

themilkycoffees

Big changes needed, obviously. Some players have never been good enough, some too injury prone and some past their best.

Would get rid of Williams, Jagielka, Browning, Galloway, Baines, Garbutt, Martina, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Bolasie and Mirallas.

Time for a fresh start under a new manager.

April 11, 2018, 06:28:15 AM
Reply #109

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It would be a massive mistake to get rid of Baines.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 11, 2018, 07:13:02 AM
Reply #110

themilkycoffees

How? One of the best left backs in the league for a fair few seasons in his prime but think people are letting their love for him get in the way of facts. He’s been declining for 2-3 years and is nowhere near a top six left back anymore. He doesn’t get into any top six side so why should he get in ours when we’re trying to get there?

April 11, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
Reply #111

kramer0

At this point, we should probably just keep Jagielka and Baines around as cover until they become liabilities. Both are dependable (and dependable back-ups are hard to find) and neither will fetch much in terms of a fee. That, plus I see them both as part of the fabric of the club* as this point.

With that said, if either player is starting regularly next season you'll know we fucked up... again.

* Say what you will about them not winning anything but they played for some genuinely good Everton sides and winning stuff is hard in the super club era.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:26:40 AM by kramer0 »

April 11, 2018, 03:12:36 PM
Reply #112

themilkycoffees

Fabric of the club, part of the furniture attitude will get us nowhere unfortunately. They did play for some good Everton sides and they're not the reason we didn't win things during that time but the best clubs move players on when it's time. There's an argument for Baines staying as backup but would be disappointed to see Jagielka stay if we're looking to progress.

April 11, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Reply #113

dunkster

Think we've already seen what not having a backup left back does when injury strikes. I'm all for Baines staying but ideally as the backup option.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 11, 2018, 03:14:20 PM
Reply #114

dunkster

But I'll be honest, the Only player I'd be gutted to lose in the summer is pickford.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 11, 2018, 03:32:59 PM
Reply #115

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Also pointless, won’t get any money for Baines or jags. Much better for the culture at the club to keep them.

Plus ones still the best CB at the club, and the other is the best lb we’ve ever had and is probably still top 10 in the prem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 11, 2018, 03:52:01 PM
Reply #116

TheTone

April 11, 2018, 04:11:18 PM
Reply #117

themilkycoffees

Also pointless, won’t get any money for Baines or jags. Much better for the culture at the club to keep them.

Plus ones still the best CB at the club, and the other is the best lb we’ve ever had and is probably still top 10 in the prem.

What culture? The one that gives up when the going gets tough or the no trophies in 23 years and counting culture?

April 11, 2018, 04:21:10 PM
Reply #118

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What culture? The one that gives up when the going gets tough or the no trophies in 23 years and counting culture?

Little from column A, little from column B.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 11, 2018, 04:36:55 PM
Reply #119

GrantyBoy78

Jags is still the best CB at the club, I don’t see any benefit in getting rid.