September 23, 2019, 05:23:07 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 44280 times)

April 24, 2018, 03:02:22 PM
Reply #165

Lxxx

Starting to think very strongly that a better front man will be needed.

Would personally be starting DCL if we had to win games, but I’m happy with either because both need minutes.

Absolutely. Tosun is a willing runner but compared to what we've had the past few years he's light years away and it's no wonder we don't create much as his movement is very standard, no real intelligence there. Granted we're not going to attract another Lukaku but if we're serious about making a real go at this your front man is the one you go big on.

April 24, 2018, 03:04:05 PM
Reply #166

Bluedylan

We don't really get or keep the ball in the final third, so not really sure we can judge Tosun personally.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 24, 2018, 03:25:47 PM
Reply #167

Lxxx

We don't really get or keep the ball in the final third, so not really sure we can judge Tosun personally.

I think that's fair but we can only go off what we see at the moment. He's not awful and has some nice touches but we can't assume he'll offer more if we play a different way until we start playing a different way. I'm not getting on his back or anything but he is prone to ball watching quite often, although to be fair he is probably just bored.

April 24, 2018, 05:04:22 PM
Reply #168

themilkycoffees

Would personally be starting DCL if we had to win games, but Iím happy with either because both need minutes.

Hard to judge Tosun when we don't create any chances. He doesn't look the type of player to create a goal out of nothing but not a lot of players are, especially not our players. That said, if we're going to push on and break into the top six, we do need to bring in someone else who can score goals when the team isn't creating chances. I think Tosun will be a good option though, he looks a decent finisher from what we've seen. Don't really understand what DCL has done to justify being the striker to win us games, he's not exactly clinical.

April 24, 2018, 05:24:01 PM
Reply #169

blue slug

Agree with you there milky its hard to really judge a lot of the players the way we are playing under allardyce

April 24, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
Reply #170

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yes, only thing stopping me from being in the Ďthis guy is a turkeyí camp. As I said in a previous thread, hard to judge anyone until this mess is all behind us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 01, 2018, 12:36:28 AM
Reply #171

SANA_DR0

Would personally be starting DCL if we had to win games, but Iím happy with either because both need minutes.

Depends how we play.. Tosun isnt a donkey. we are wasting him using him to do the donkey work, he is a class finisher,, but we're not set up to use him at what he's great at (finishing chances).
If  we want a striker to do the hard/dirty work, we should play Tosun with DCL.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 01, 2018, 12:53:35 AM
Reply #172

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tosun is a proper finisher imo. If we give him chances he will score goals.

Sadly we are so negative that the team is about fifty yards away from him aiming hopeless balls at him
Simply simply lovely

May 01, 2018, 01:09:30 AM
Reply #173

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That goal was special like.

Saw someone saying heís a bit harry Kane ish.

Is he? That goal had a shade of him, in that he got half a yard and buried it. The xg for that shot wasnít very high I canít imagine but he stuck it low into the corner. Sort of goal Kane scores lots of.

Would really like to see a good creator behind him. Or yeah, another cf alongside him. Just chances would be good.

He did a good bit of silkyness as well after the goal - sort of spun one or two men and drove into the box. Would love to see more of that but yeah, at the moment heís chasing flickons or running
channels like a shane long which obviously isnít ideal, and would arguably suit DCL better.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 01, 2018, 01:23:47 AM
Reply #174

D15TIN

This

May 02, 2018, 01:54:29 PM
Reply #175

dunkster

So according to kenwright - klaasen, Ramires and vlasic are not going to be sold in the summer and will be given more chance to adapt and prove themselves.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 01:57:55 PM
Reply #176

Waltzer

So according to kenwright - klaasen, Ramires and vlasic are not going to be sold in the summer and will be given more chance to adapt and prove themselves.

If that is the case, and I hope it is to some extent, its criminal if all of those that are available arent included in the match day squads for the remaining games

May 02, 2018, 02:04:59 PM
Reply #177

dunkster

Its been criminal that klaasen hasnt found minutes with the shit that tom davis, rooney, morgan and co. Have been playing.

I'd have had a lot more respect for allardyce that once we were safe and past the city and Liverpool games that he had played klaasen and vlasic a fair bit. He could have said our results may suffer but it's important to see what they can do. But instead he made it all about himself 'Not getting it in the neck'
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 03:46:52 PM
Reply #178

blue slug

If its true about those three staying then hopefully that means allardyce leaving as he clearly doesnít rate them

May 02, 2018, 03:55:29 PM
Reply #179

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
If its true about those three staying then hopefully that means allardyce leaving as he clearly doesnít rate them

I was thinking that last night, as for the last couple of weeks, Allardyce has been saying that the squad needs to be trimmed down and hinted that it would be the players on the fringes. Kenwright has gone against that with this statement.

I suppose we will just have to 'Watch This Space' and see what happens. I suspect that if anything is going to happen (fingers and toes crossed that it does), it will be more likely at the end of next week as the season draws to an end.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:17:18 PM by Toffee1 »