October 20, 2019, 03:33:18 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 45075 times)

May 03, 2018, 03:08:02 PM
Reply #195

GrantyBoy78

The transfer window opens is just over 5 weeks and closes in 14 weeks time.

Quite scary how many decisions need to be made about backroom and playing staff before then.

May 03, 2018, 03:46:19 PM
Reply #196

Waltzer

Looks like Henry might be staying out on loan?

It appears that negotiations are underway between Everton and Anderlecht that could see Henry Onyekuru playing in Belgium for another year. As reported by Belgian outlet Het Laatste Nieuws (HLN) in their print edition, an agreement is in the draft stage for the Purple & White to keep the young forward.

However, any negotiations for the Nigerian to extend his loan period appear contingent on Anderlecht qualifying for the Champions League. The club are currently sitting in third place in the Jupiler League playoff stage with four games left to play. Anderlecht are tied on points with second-placed Genk, and four points adrift of leaders Standard Liege.

His broker William D’Avila added in comments to the same daily -

“That’s right. If Henry could play in the Champions League with Anderlecht, that would make the conversations easier.

“At the moment our focus is on the return of Henry and his chances for World Cup participation. Afterwards, all options are open: Everton, Anderlecht or another European club.”

Reports from Italy say that AC Milan have been linked with the player recently after receiving glowing reports from their scouts before the player got injured. Onyekuru played an hour on Monday for the Anderlecht reserves after getting 25 minutes the previous week in his first appearance on the pitch in 2018.

May 03, 2018, 03:52:54 PM
Reply #197

Shogun

Administrator
Absolutely no way he should be going out on loan again.

May 03, 2018, 04:00:43 PM
Reply #198

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

If Allardyce has a say in the matter and sanctions a new loan deal that will be the final straw.

May 03, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Reply #199

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Does he qualify for a permit next year?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 03, 2018, 05:38:28 PM
Reply #200

GrantyBoy78

Yeah, unless Henry gets to the WC and gets more caps, he won’t qualify for a work permit.

May 03, 2018, 09:36:47 PM
Reply #201

SANA_DR0

I want him to stay, he's been slowly getting back his best recently

I see it differently, I see him playing better due to him putting himself in the shop window.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 03, 2018, 09:39:50 PM
Reply #202

Lxxx

Depends how we play.. Tosun isnt a donkey. we are wasting him using him to do the donkey work, he is a class finisher,, but we're not set up to use him at what he's great at (finishing chances).
If  we want a striker to do the hard/dirty work, we should play Tosun with DCL.

I don't think DCL is experienced or strong enough to do the leg work. He plays on the fringes and will chase balls into the corner all day long but while we have Tosun stood in the box and the rest of the side 40 yards away we're wasting them both.

May 03, 2018, 09:42:48 PM
Reply #203

dunkster

I think dcl needs a season on loan, as long as we buy in a quality striker. That's also dependant upon us playing one striker up front.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 03, 2018, 09:43:33 PM
Reply #204

Lxxx

He should definitely be going out on loan. He was playing at a not too dissimilar level to Lookman before he joined Anderlecht this season and he's missed a lot of the season through injury. Lookman was way off the pace in terms of his overall play when he arrived so I'd hate to see Henry be in that position. Let him progress, play in the Champions League and then come when he's had another year.

May 03, 2018, 09:47:38 PM
Reply #205

SANA_DR0

I don't think DCL is experienced or strong enough to do the leg work. He plays on the fringes and will chase balls into the corner all day long but while we have Tosun stood in the box and the rest of the side 40 yards away we're wasting them both.

I agree with this, but we have no one else in our squad atm,. who can do the donkey work.... hopefully we wont need a striker to do the donkey work, cos Allardyce would be gone by the start of next season....

i hate that 40 yards away from the rest of the team shit, we did it with Lukaku for years... its not how you attack, i dont know any other team whose midfielders/2 wide men; be so far away from the central striker.. shocking really.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 03, 2018, 09:54:54 PM
Reply #206

dunkster

I do hope the media ask SA about the club (kenwright)keeping klaasen and Sandra next year at his press conference.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 03, 2018, 11:42:50 PM
Reply #207

Macca77

Beningame has signed a new 4 year contract

May 03, 2018, 11:52:22 PM
Reply #208

Nicco

And if he does ut should preferably choose Oldham, Derby or such...
Jönköpings Södra IF

May 17, 2018, 09:48:45 PM
Reply #209

kramer0

Outgoing

Definite

Williams - He's been poor and he's not going to improve.
Rooney - Harsh because he's played an important role this season but he's on big wages and there's a firm offer on the table.
Funes Mori - He's so rash and unpredictable that I just can't get behind him. You could argue that he deserves a chance under a new manager but I don't think he's worth the fuss.
Robles - Contract expiring. No reason to renew.
Besic - He will almost certainly be wanted by Boro so it should be an easy sale. Again, you could argue that he deserves a chance under a new manager but I don't think he offers enough on the ball to be worth it.
Mirallas - No sane club should want him but someone will inevitably talk themselves into it.

If Possible

Martina - He did a solid job in difficult circumstances this season but he's plainly not good enough for this level. I really can't see anybody buying him, unfortunately.
McCarthy - I don't see a way back into the team for him, especially as our biggest need in midfield is extra quality on the ball. Unlikely to be sold coming off a major injury, though.
Garbutt - Zero use to us but I can't imagine anybody would want him given the wage he's on.

After Being Evaluated By New Manager

Schneiderlin - I think there's a chance the new manager will be able to use him but if not, he's a prime candidate to be sold.
Bolasie - I'm not a fan but I'm open to the possibility that he'll have some utility to the new boss.
Klaassen - He's been professional in difficult circumstances. Hopefully, he can show what he's about in a set-up more amenable to his style. Should be easy to unload if we decide he's not needed.
Sandro - If he's even willing to return. I have my reservations (https://differentgame.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/the-data-scout-sandro-ramirez/) but I can also see someone like Silva improving his attacking positioning him and helping him become the goalscorer we thought he was at Malaga. Should be an easy sale if he goes.

Sell If You Can Upgrade

Niasse - This is tough because I absolutely love what he brings off the bench. Still, he's ill-suited to starting matches and the squad would probably be better off with another forward who can challenge Calvert-Lewin and Tosun for starts. (And we absolutely don't need four centre forwards on our books.)

Incoming

Any incomings players should be age 25 or younger. This squad is old and we're not close to winning anything. We shouldn't do anything that might hamstring us in the near future.

Also, I've tried to "bring in" as few players as possible because I'm wary of too much upheaval given changes at the top of the club, a shortened pre-season due to the World Cup, and what happened last summer.

No Matter What

CM - Anyone who helps us progress the ball into the final third, either through passing or dribbling. We don't get the ball into attacking positions enough and that's the #1 thing that needs to change going into next season.
LB - Someone with genuine creative ability to replace Baines (who should be retained as a reliable cover/rotation option)
CB - A strong defender, preferably comfortable on the left side of defense, to replace Jagielka (who, again, should be retained as reliable cover)

If The Right Player Is Available

CF - It's only worth it if we get an opportunity to sign someone with genuine quality or obvious potential (like Tammy Abraham, who's coming off a poor year for a horrible attacking side but is still a serious prospect). Centre forwards are expensive and the vast majority of them aren't worth the fuss.

It Depends

CM - If we sell enough midfielders, we may need someone extra.
RW/LW - There are a lot of factors here. Are we selling Bolasie and/or Sandro? Is Onyekuru going on loan? Do we think we can cover these positions with Sigurdsson/Sandro/Lookman/Vlasic? Is a big talent like Lozano available? So yeah, no clue.