November 19, 2019, 02:57:32 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 45827 times)

May 20, 2018, 04:23:29 AM
Reply #240

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of where we finished, we would have to pay the wages and expenses anyway.

Yes but the prize money is budgeted at the start of the year.

Id imagine we budgeted to finish 7th (we got the 7th most money) so we wont now have loads more unexpected funds.

May 20, 2018, 04:28:40 AM
Reply #241

GrantyBoy78

I doubt Moshiri would have scrapped the off-field staff, restructured the board - just to tread water. Hell support the new manager and technical director, financially.

Hell know that revamping the squad will take more than a couple of seasons anyway, so its not like we have to find all the money to get us where he wants us to be, all at once.

May 20, 2018, 04:34:35 AM
Reply #242

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There's Not a chance in the world that we are gonna get rid of 10 plus players and replace them like people seem to think, it's gonna take time and a plan, hopefully brands can provide that platform
Simply simply lovely

May 20, 2018, 04:40:14 AM
Reply #243

Lxxx

Weve got a huge squad at the minute. Id be amazed if we bring in more than 4-5 whilst letting 7-8 go.
The next manager will have to work with the majority of the players that have failed us the past 18 months. Hell have find a system and develop a style that gets the best out of what we have. Which should still be comfortably enough to at least be the best of the rest next season, which is where well be budgeting to finish.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:41:30 AM by Lxxx »

May 20, 2018, 04:43:08 AM
Reply #244

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we need to let 10 players go. 3-4 might be let go, some of the others will be good for depth. We need a few areas of improvement, a better manager and things will be vastly different.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 20, 2018, 05:35:57 AM
Reply #245

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Being extremely conservative, I would say :

1. Williams
2. Mirallas

Slightly less conservative would include also :

3. Rooney
4. Schneiderlin
5. Funes Mori
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2018, 02:19:42 PM
Reply #246

Trowel

Personally I'd like to see Schneiderlin get a run out under a new coach and tactics. He showed enough toward the end of the season to suggest he can cement his place in the starting eleven.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 20, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
Reply #247

fubarruk

we made 128 million this season on TV rights/finishing where we did in the league, at the very minimum i expect that to be invested... we really should be investing another 72m on top of that.. with some Lukaku cash, and the players we will offload.
You do realise football clubs also cost money to run and not every penny that comes in can go back out on transfers..?

If spending 128 million is the 'minimum' you expect I'd set yourself up for some dissapointment.

May 20, 2018, 02:41:22 PM
Reply #248

phillyt

I was thinking about our squad a couple of days ago. Assuming (hopefully incorrectly) that we make no signings how do we look,

Pickford
Coleman Keane jags Baines
(Kenny)    (Mori holgate)
   Gueye davies
 (baningime, Schneiderlin, rooney)
Lookman sigurdson walcott
(Klaasen, bolasie, Vlasic, mirralas)
          tosun
  (Niasse, dcl, sandro)

I think with more confidence Keane and klaasen could prove useful. Holgate May improve enough to make jags a decent back up. And we have no back up for Baines. Defensive mid is ok the 3 behind the striker is a good mix of pace and craft and tosun has impressed.

That side, with guidance, motivation and fitness would keep us were we are, maybe push 6th if Arsenals decline continues.

I think we need to prioritise the backline in the summer. A quality left back to replace/back up Baines is a must and at least 1/2 center backs. Beyond that Id say a striker to replace/back up tosun would be helpful.

I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 20, 2018, 03:02:33 PM
Reply #249

Thornton_19

I feel that we will sell 3 or 4 and bring in probably
Left back
Center back
Winger
Center mid
Striker.

May 20, 2018, 04:51:53 PM
Reply #250

sam of the south

I reckon we could move on 8, bring in 5, and have four returning loans (Lookman, Robinson, Besic, and Sandro could go into the first-team squad; I feel Dowell may go out on loan again)

I think the areas we will look to strengthen are:
LB
CB
CB
CM/DCM
W/FW
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 20, 2018, 04:54:42 PM
Reply #251

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
There's Not a chance in the world that we are gonna get rid of 10 plus players and replace them like people seem to think, it's gonna take time and a plan, hopefully brands can provide that platform

I'd be quite happy seeing 12 go and 4 come in.  We've got something ridiculous like 38 first team players which without Europe is far far too many.

Robles
Martina
Connolly
Williams
Funes Mori
Browning
Galloway
Garbutt
Mirallas
Rooney
McCarthy
Besic

Could lose all those and not even notice.

May 20, 2018, 04:57:27 PM
Reply #252

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be quite happy seeing 12 go and 4 come in.  We've got something ridiculous like 38 first team players which without Europe is far far too many.

Robles
Martina
Connolly
Williams
Funes Mori
Browning
Galloway
Garbutt
Mirallas
Rooney
McCarthy
Besic

Could lose all those and not even notice.
Yeah was thinking this last night I should have changed my post to ten out of the matchday squads as there's plenty of shite in the actual squad that we could easily lose
Simply simply lovely

May 20, 2018, 05:03:37 PM
Reply #253

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I'm more confident that Brands will do what is needed than Steve (Arthur Daley) Walsh.

Read some positive articles about Robinson's loan at Bolton and Lookman (despite what the previous manager said) has had a very positive loan away.

May 20, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
Reply #254

SANA_DR0

I'm just thinking of Martina, Schneiderlin, Bolasie,Williams, Tarashaj and maybe Becis ( *sadface* )

atleast buy 5-6 players who can improve the squad, the rest of the squad can be full of the youngsters we have.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....