August 26, 2019, 04:49:01 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 43478 times)

June 01, 2018, 05:06:08 PM
Reply #300

Rodenplav64

Get rid of those we know are now consistently average and give a bit of experience to some of our youngsters who will be helped by playing with a bit more pace . Vlasic , DCL , Beni , Dowell and Lookman definitely worth risking in the League Cup and a few of the easier games to have a look as you can loan them out later . Loaning out millions worth of talent while trying to improve doesn't make sense to me . Especially as we might not spend like last season given what a fucking disaster it was . Some silly assumptions being made that we will sign about 15 players .

June 01, 2018, 05:18:36 PM
Reply #301

Hawkandro

This summer I would definitely be looking - under the guise of trimming the wage - to off-load:

Rooney
Martina
Williams
McCarthy
Besic
Mirallas
Bolasie

RFM maybe, but I think getting rid of both Williams and RFM could be tricky, especially as Jags is now a year older and potentially more injury prone. I'd like to keep Klaassen and Sandro and see how they work under Silva, but there are 2 others to get off the wage bill if neither are fancied.

The kids should have a chance under Brands and Silva now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 01, 2018, 05:24:05 PM
Reply #302

sam of the south

I would imagine an intense and detailed manager like Silva can get a pretty good tune out of a fair few of these players that some of you are willing to loan out.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 01, 2018, 05:34:52 PM
Reply #303

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I’ve noticed Garbutt is taking a nice lavish holiday after a long hard season of intense football. Well deserved lad, enjoy.

June 01, 2018, 05:36:27 PM
Reply #304

Waltzer

When you list them out like that it becomes even more apparent how much work is needed. From my perspective I could only see Pickford and Coleman as players that would get in most of the teams above us, or that they would like to have. Gueye, Sig, Walcott are maybes but we are pretty short of quality in the team and overloaded with average players

June 01, 2018, 05:37:13 PM
Reply #305

Lxxx

I’ve noticed Garbutt is taking a nice lavish holiday after a long hard season of intense football. Well deserved lad, enjoy.

If someone wanted to give me £20k a week on a 5 year contract I'd be accumulating lovely young ladies with which to enjoy it with too.

June 01, 2018, 05:48:26 PM
Reply #306

Cereal Killer

Goalkeepers
Robles is going, we've got more pressing issues than a backup keeper, so unless a decent youngster is available at a low price, we'll be sticking with Pickford and Stek as sub

Defenders
Sell Williams, Martina and Garbutt
Buy a new CB and LB
Assuming we get another CB I can see RFM being sold, we'd still have Jags, Holgate, Keane, new guy, plus Pennington out on loan somewhere with recall clause if we get injuries
RB of Coleman and Kenny is fine

Midfielders
Sell Rooney, Besic and Mirallas
McCarthy is injured and we won't be able to shift him
Buy new CM
Not sure if we'll go for a creative/winger at this stage, if we did you'd imagine Bolasie would be sold

Strikers
A new pacy striker would be nice, send DCL out on loan as he'd be down at 4th choice

So sell Williams, Martina, Garbutt, Besic, Mirallas, Rooney

Get in a new CB, LB, CM, CF

June 01, 2018, 08:17:52 PM
Reply #307

Dr. Sponge

Defence
Well starting from the back, there's question marks over 3 CBs. Jags (old), Williams (old and has been awful) and Mori (bad injury and prone to a howler anyway).

Can't see us getting shot of all of them. I love Jags so I hope he has another season left in him, but who knows. I'd get rid of Williams as Mori is a bit younger and more athletic. High hopes for Holgate. Keane.. meh, give him a fresh start.

Coleman and Kenny at RB. That'll do.

Keep Baines as back up and to be around the squad, but it's essential that we buy a new first team LB.

Midfield
Our midfield is as messy as the CB area. Who do we keep faith with? Schneiderlin was considered one of the best in the squad before last season. Hopefully Silva can get a better tune out of him this season, but I think a player that can dictate play should be No.1 on our shopping list.

Rooney looks gone. Gueye has amazing qualities but hindered our play a lot last season. Davies is young and I know a lot of Evertonian don't rate him but I do. He's dynamic, good touch, reads the game well and is box to box. Sigurdson will be the main man and I think we should build the team around him next season, instead of shoving him on the left. Kalassen - who knows.

Forwards
Our wingers are hit and miss. Walcott is our best, with Lookman hopefully back in blue and raring to go. Vlasic looks tidy on the ball but yet to show his full potential. And Bolasie... I still remember my disappointment after we signed him.

Tosun knows where the goal is, I'm happy with that. I don't like Niasse in the team, he runs down a lot of blind alleys. Scores a few goals but never seems on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. Would like a pacey last man striker, which i imagine Sandro was meant to be.

So we're looking at something like....

—————Pickford

Coleman Keane NewCB NewLB

——— NewCM Davies
————Sigurdson

—-Walcott Tosun Lookman
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:43:36 PM by Dr. Sponge »

June 01, 2018, 08:20:39 PM
Reply #308

KoemansNumberTens

I love how you have interpreted the plans for M & M they love to bring youth through and you have binned off most of them .I feel you might not get your wishes .Which by the way will suit me .We have a lot of good lads that have been waiting for the step after Unsie to blossom.

Can’t polish a turd. I think most of our young players will struggle on account of not being good enough

June 01, 2018, 08:26:53 PM
Reply #309

Lxxx

Can’t polish a turd. I think most of our young players will struggle on account of not being good enough

I don't think we can make a definitive judgement on any of our young players until we've seen how they do this season. We've had an 18 month shitstorm which hasn't really been great for their development so I'd like to see how they do with a bit of stability under a manager who says he wants to play the right way.

June 01, 2018, 11:51:31 PM
Reply #310

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm very hopeful that Silva will be able to make something of Klaassen.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 02, 2018, 01:33:21 AM
Reply #311

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think we can make a definitive judgement on any of our young players until we've seen how they do this season. We've had an 18 month shitstorm which hasn't really been great for their development so I'd like to see how they do with a bit of stability under a manager who says he wants to play the right way.

I agree with that. I just don't think it's as simple as giving them games as some imply. I think only lookman might turn out to have the quality to be a top player. I'd be okay with the rest going on loan and seeing where we stood in 12 months. Though that's probably not realistic in terms of squad numbers

June 03, 2018, 06:30:51 PM
Reply #312

SANA_DR0

I really dont want any of our young 'stars' to go out on loan, DCL/Dowell/Kenny/Davies/Holgate/Beni will get a better understanding of the game with a proper head of football and a real manager... i'd hate for shit to happen like it has with Galloway and Garbutt.. they fucked up once they went on loan.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

June 03, 2018, 06:46:18 PM
Reply #313

dunkster

Can't see dcl, lookman, Davies, beni, kenny, holgate, vlasic all getting the game time they need to make massive strides tbh.
Certainly wouldn't want to see them all in team at once.
Most of them I feel are too average to make any inroads into the top 6.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 03, 2018, 06:48:27 PM
Reply #314

Shogun

Administrator
Can't see dcl, lookman, Davies, beni, kenny, holgate, vlasic all getting the game time they need to make massive strides tbh.
Certainly wouldn't want to see them all in team at once.
Most of them I feel are too average to make any inroads into the top 6.

Not many youngsters get near the top 6 anyway
I never claimed to be a saint