August 24, 2019, 07:14:10 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 43400 times)

June 08, 2018, 11:37:35 AM
Reply #330

Dr. Sponge

Schneiderlin and Bolasie have been told that they're not needed :D
Newcastle supposed to be in for Yannick.
happy days!

Where did ya hear this?

🤞🏻

June 08, 2018, 12:57:44 PM
Reply #331

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I really wish people would stop reminding me that McCarthy is still on the payroll.

June 08, 2018, 01:08:24 PM
Reply #332

Nicco

I really wish people would stop reminding me that McCarthy is still on the payroll.
Mr Brands is working on that matter for you.
Jönköpings Södra IF

June 08, 2018, 01:46:47 PM
Reply #333

Gash

Global Moderator
Mr Brands is working on that matter for you.

We're not getting rid of him anytime soon, he'll still be about 6-8 months from getting back to fitness.

June 12, 2018, 06:40:43 AM
Reply #334

Shogun

Administrator
Quite clear there's going to be a lot of exits this summer, this is our squad as things stand...

Pickford
Stekelenburg

Baines
Robinson

Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Funes Mori
Pennington

Coleman
Martina
Kenny

Bolasie
Lookman

Schneiderlin
Gana
Rooney
McCarthy
Davies
Beningime
Dowell
Klaassen
Sigurdsson
Besic

Vlasic
Mirallas
Walcott

Tosun
Calvert-Lewin
Niasse
Sandro

Sell the reds and that leaves us a squad of 21 players and room for additions. Seems mad to bin 11 players but the way Brands has been talking, it could happen.

Benny, Robinson and Kenny all to go out on loan would give us 18 players.

So we'd need:

1x GK (Don't mind Stek but he's not that arsed about football and is probably on a fair wedge)
1x LB (Tierney?)
1x RB (Some random South American)
1x CB (Daley Blind)
2x CM (Chalobah? Carvalho?)
1x Winger (Lozano)

A Squad of 25.
I never claimed to be a saint

June 12, 2018, 08:21:50 AM
Reply #335

tisonlyjk

Quite clear there's going to be a lot of exits this summer, this is our squad as things stand...

Pickford
Stekelenburg

Baines
Robinson

Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Funes Mori
Pennington

Coleman
Martina
Kenny

Bolasie
Lookman

Schneiderlin
Gana
Rooney
McCarthy
Davies
Beningime
Dowell
Klaassen
Sigurdsson
Besic

Vlasic
Mirallas
Walcott

Tosun
Calvert-Lewin
Niasse
Sandro

Sell the reds and that leaves us a squad of 21 players and room for additions. Seems mad to bin 11 players but the way Brands has been talking, it could happen.

So we'd need:

1x GK (Don't mind Stek but he's not that arsed about football and is probably on a fair wedge)
1x LB (Tierney?)
1x CB (Daley Blind)
1x Winger (Lozano)

A Squad of 25.

Can’t see Kenny going on loan, decent backup for Seamus.

Don’t see Stek going either, can’t see why a better keeper would want to sit on the bench.

Ain’t getting rid of McCarthy with his injury. (He’ll also suit Silva’s pressing style)

I’d be keeping Klaassen personally, think he’ll have something to offer a more forward thinking side.

And I’d only be loaning Robinson/Beni to either promoted sides or top championship sides with guarantees of gameplay.

June 12, 2018, 12:27:37 PM
Reply #336

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford
Stekelenburg

Baines
Robinson

Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate
Funes Mori
Pennington

Coleman
Martina
Kenny

Bolasie
Lookman

Schneiderlin
Gana
Rooney
McCarthy
Davies
Beningime
Dowell
Klaassen
Sigurdsson
Besic

Vlasic
Mirallas
Walcott

Tosun
Calvert-Lewin
Niasse
Sandro

So we'd need:

1x LB (Tierney?)
1x CB (Daley Blind)
1x Winger (Lozano)

A Squad of 25.

You've got Connolly, Galloway and Browning on top of that list too.  And Tarashaj.

June 13, 2018, 01:29:51 AM
Reply #337

Tofifee

If we don't buy a new CB, whats our back 4
Do we persist with Jags
Do we trust that Keane and Holgate could work despite their age and give them a go
Does Funes come into it?
Anyone even mentions that other shithouse can do one!

Personally, my back 4 from current squad would be  Coleman Jags Keane Baines
Keane has to improve, HAS to improve but you have to think he can and will and we will all laugh about the time we thought he was sh*te
Mason still too young to be Keanes partner and Keane starts over him every time for me

June 13, 2018, 02:35:41 AM
Reply #338

tisonlyjk

I’ve a feeling that a lot of our ‘outs’ will be loans with us paying a portion of the wages. Can’t see anyone taking Schneiderlin or Williams at the wages they’re on.

Hopefully I’m proved wrong!

June 13, 2018, 02:41:48 AM
Reply #339

Cereal Killer

I’ve a feeling that a lot of our ‘outs’ will be loans with us paying a portion of the wages. Can’t see anyone taking Schneiderlin or Williams at the wages they’re on.

Hopefully I’m proved wrong!

That would be fairly pointless? We'd free up a bit of the wage bill temporarily, only to be in a worse situation next summer. Can't see us loaning out any of the senior squad members, it's keep or sell

June 13, 2018, 02:59:41 AM
Reply #340

dunkster

Schneiderlin and Bolasie have been told that they're not needed :D
Newcastle supposed to be in for Yannick.
happy days!

Presumably you know of all others who have been told?
Would be dissapointed for klaasen not to get a bit of game time.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 13, 2018, 03:05:23 AM
Reply #341

tisonlyjk

That would be fairly pointless? We'd free up a bit of the wage bill temporarily, only to be in a worse situation next summer. Can't see us loaning out any of the senior squad members, it's keep or sell

As I said I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see there being a queue for some of our castoffs

June 13, 2018, 03:10:12 AM
Reply #342

blue slug

As I said I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see there being a queue for some of our castoffs

Where’s Sunderland when you need them

June 13, 2018, 03:16:28 AM
Reply #343

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Might sell them with a pay off, or if we did loan them we’d save some money this year and collect a potentially decent loan fee.

June 13, 2018, 03:18:21 AM
Reply #344

Juanito

You've got Connolly, Galloway and Browning on top of that list too.  And Tarashaj.

Would let Connolly go on loan again and sell the other two. Connolly did very well at Ipswich.