October 15, 2019, 12:43:54 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 44872 times)

June 14, 2018, 06:00:49 AM
Reply #360

tisonlyjk

June 14, 2018, 06:06:56 AM
Reply #361

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Really disappointed with this. Watch him down tools again in six months.

Why will he do that?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 14, 2018, 06:10:01 AM
Reply #362

tisonlyjk

Why will he do that?

He seems like the type to down tools if things aren’t going his way.

I hoped he was one of the first names on Marcel’s list for the cull.

June 14, 2018, 06:12:28 AM
Reply #363

Shogun

Administrator
Some of his performances were unforgivable for me last season.

Lyon away was a joke.

June 14, 2018, 07:05:30 AM
Reply #364

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Very much a binary player. He's either very good or very poor. No in between.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 14, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
Reply #365

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and schneiderlin staying

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/13/everton-manager-marco-silva-keen-givemorgan-schneiderlin-fresh/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Very conflicted on this.

On one hand, I agree with @Shogun that some of his performances have been genuinely unforgivable, and that’s without getting to the bottom of the ‘if you’re not up for a scrap go home’ stuff that came about under unsie.

HOWEVER - I do believe that in the right midfield, he has almost all the qualities to be a CL level screening DM. If you put him side by side across his career versus say Carvalho (who I like) you’d probably on a blind test pick Morgan.

It just means the end for Gueye imo, because Morgan will need two ball-hungry energy / passing machines next to him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
Reply #366

Lxxx

Very conflicted on this.

On one hand, I agree with @Shogun that some of his performances have been genuinely unforgivable, and that’s without getting to the bottom of the ‘if you’re not up for a scrap go home’ stuff that came about under unsie.

HOWEVER - I do believe that in the right midfield, he has almost all the qualities to be a CL level screening DM. If you put him side by side across his career versus say Carvalho (who I like) you’d probably on a blind test pick Morgan.

It just means the end for Gueye imo, because Morgan will need two ball-hungry energy / passing machines next to him.

Good points. Although I feel you need someone in there with a bit of physical presence who can actually put a tackle in and disrupt play. Even on a good day his attempts at being physical are a bit powder puff. Not quite as bad as Klaassan, but not far off.

June 14, 2018, 04:35:19 PM
Reply #367

themilkycoffees

Why will he do that?

People far too quick to forgive him IMO. A couple of average performances at the end of the season shouldn't make up for his complete lack of effort before that.

June 14, 2018, 04:47:58 PM
Reply #368

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
People far too quick to forgive him IMO. A couple of average performances at the end of the season shouldn't make up for his complete lack of effort before that.

Maybe, but fresh start in my eyes.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 14, 2018, 04:52:24 PM
Reply #369

themilkycoffees

Maybe, but fresh start in my eyes.

That's your view, fair enough. If he does stay, I hope he performs well and we get to see the best of him. Every player can have bad games and bad spells but I just think a lack of effort is unforgivable.

June 14, 2018, 04:53:11 PM
Reply #370

Tofifee

Re Mo, its not so much that we forgive him, but we acknowledge that he still COULD be a player for us and we are willing to let another manager have a go at it
He defo COULD still work out so I am willing to give him a chance
Easy forget how good he was when he arrived too
Doesnt mean we have to lose Gana tho..............One of our better players too

I would also be willing to let Sandro have another go

new brush and all that

June 14, 2018, 04:57:56 PM
Reply #371

Ross

Schneiderlin had about half a dozen good games for us over 18 months and it’s not as if we’ve played that badly in all that time. He’s definitely one we should be looking to move on if we can find a buyer for a player with a questionable attitude and a heart of a pea, the talent he does have is far outweighed by his character flaws.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 14, 2018, 05:04:43 PM
Reply #372

dunkster

It wouldn't have missed silvas attention how poorly MS played last season. He obviously believes with a new formation and tactics and his own man-management skills, that he can bring out the best.
There's definately a player in there,  it's just motivating him to putting in 100% every game.
(That's been the problem for all the managers so far.)
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 14, 2018, 05:07:15 PM
Reply #373

formerKHL

I personally think schneiderlin was the product of our poor season overall throughout the whole club...

as fans we wanted to vent our frustration at someone and for me it fell at his feet.....yes he had a few bad games....but who didn't...with that in mind.....

his good games become average..his average games become poor....( in the fans opinion) every little mistake is highlighted as a "lack of effort".....his "lack of passion" is constantly raised...yet he gets booked every game with a couple of sending off's thrown in...?

as a comparison look at davies..i thought he had a very poor season overall.....yet he's forgiven because of his age and he's a local lad..apart from his energy.... for me he didn't develop any further at all....and probably contributed as much as schneiderlin did...

energy with a bad game v "lack of effort" with a bad game.......whats the difference ? because the end result is the same..

just my opinion...

June 14, 2018, 05:08:30 PM
Reply #374

Lxxx

Schneiderlin had about half a dozen good games for us over 18 months and it’s not as if we’ve played that badly in all that time. He’s definitely one we should be looking to move on if we can find a buyer for a player with a questionable attitude and a heart of a pea, the talent he does have is far outweighed by his character flaws.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly.