November 18, 2018, 03:07:45 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 35395 times)

June 14, 2018, 05:09:13 PM
Reply #375

dunkster

The alleged incident with mirallas when they played up in training and got sent home is definately a black mark.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 14, 2018, 05:26:49 PM
Reply #376

themilkycoffees

I personally think schneiderlin was the product of our poor season overall throughout the whole club...

as fans we wanted to vent our frustration at someone and for me it fell at his feet.....yes he had a few bad games....but who didn't...with that in mind.....

his good games become average..his average games become poor....( in the fans opinion) every little mistake is highlighted as a "lack of effort".....his "lack of passion" is constantly raised...yet he gets booked every game with a couple of sending off's thrown in...?

as a comparison look at davies..i thought he had a very poor season overall.....yet he's forgiven because of his age and he's a local lad..apart from his energy.... for me he didn't develop any further at all....and probably contributed as much as schneiderlin did...

energy with a bad game v "lack of effort" with a bad game.......whats the difference ? because the end result is the same..

just my opinion...

The sending off in Lyon was a disgrace and because he couldn't be arsed anymore. Massive coward.

June 14, 2018, 05:27:45 PM
Reply #377

Ravardo

Shame there isnt a youtube montage of schniederlin either being at fault for goals against us or where he was able to something to stop the goals,, i pad him quite a lot of attention last season  and he didnt even do the most simplest of things like tracking  a one two...if he made as much effort as gana running and tackling he would of probably been one of our best players

June 14, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
Reply #378

gizzblue

Really hope im completely wrong tbh.....but his lack of giving any sort of shit over a good half a dozen goals last season screams a shithouse who has give up completely ...

He gets carded and sent off because his tackling is so poor .

As for him over Gana(out best spoiler and tackles easily) ..ffs it shouldn't even be mentioned as a posibility.

Think Brands is wrong in this,  someone should show him strolling back to his own area countless times last year .

My only saving thought is Brands is being clever ....no no we don't wanna sell him ...bumping his price up. (Wishful thinking? ).
Born not made a blue .

June 14, 2018, 05:50:26 PM
Reply #379

Waltzer

Shame there isnt a youtube montage of schniederlin either being at fault for goals against us or where he was able to something to stop the goals,, i pad him quite a lot of attention last season  and he didnt even do the most simplest of things like tracking  a one two...if he made as much effort as gana running and tackling he would of probably been one of our best players

Or, alternatively if Gana didnt spend all game chasing the ball over the pitch like a 6 year old and leaving the midfield massively exposed he would have been one of our better players, instead of being massively exposed all the time?

June 14, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
Reply #380

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good points. Although I feel you need someone in there with a bit of physical presence who can actually put a tackle in and disrupt play. Even on a good day his attempts at being physical are a bit powder puff. Not quite as bad as Klaassan, but not far off.

Had a monstrous defensive output at saints.

At his best for us defensive numbers were something closer to Matic at Chelsea than klaassen.

No worries at all about his tackles / interceptions, but his head is powder puff for me. Heís a jogger. When he gets beat heís beat for good.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 06:01:56 PM
Reply #381

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Problem is, I love Gana but he cannot play that holding role on his own.

The only role he can play is pressing like a mad man in a 3, and we might not be able to accommodate that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 06:07:20 PM
Reply #382

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Problem is, I love Gana but he cannot play that holding role on his own.

The only role he can play is pressing like a mad man in a 3, and we might not be able to accommodate that.

Be sound if we put a creative player next to him infront of morgan.

I'm more worried about how Sig fits in this 4-3-3.

June 14, 2018, 06:09:21 PM
Reply #383

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

People are thinking usual "Everton" style. I can see both Gana and Schneiderlin starting together in front of a traditional back 4, as Silva prefers a 4-2-3-1 version of a 4-3-3. Our Full backs would be more attack minded and our def mids will be closer to the defence, laying it off to a creative mid (no10) or killer ball wide, or over the top, when we quickly spread wide in a 4-1-4-1 on the counter. We have to stop thinking Fat Sam or Koeman, and think "modern". Something like this, with a couple of additions, with the vital one being a proper 10...

Pickford

Keane ............ Jags

Coleman ............................. ................. Baines

Gana ........ Schneiderlin

Sig (Maddison)*
Walcott ........................... Lookman (Lozano)*

Tosun

I'd like to see another young playmaker, ideally a 25 year old Paul Scholes (Maddison?) type player, and proper out and out left winger, that can play right or through the middle.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:19:47 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

June 14, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Reply #384

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Be sound if we put a creative player next to him infront of morgan.

I'm more worried about how Sig fits in this 4-3-3.

Yeah I am myself. Gana / Davies / Gylfi - someone, maybe all three, is in for a tough year.

June 14, 2018, 06:10:35 PM
Reply #385

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, we cant get rid of everyone who underperformed.

There's going to be some players who Silva wants to work with and think's he can get the best out of.

A fresh start under a new manager could bring out the best in him. I've got my doubts like, but I'm fine with the decision to keep him and see what he can offer in what should hopefully be a much more coherent team.

June 14, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
Reply #386

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I am myself. Gana / Davies / Gylfi - someone, maybe all three, is in for a tough year.

The obvious is to go 4-2-3-1 but then managers seem to use this to just accommodate players.

I.E the awful three attacking players of klassen, sig and rooney vs spurs, also Davies shifted out to the right in other games

June 14, 2018, 06:16:25 PM
Reply #387

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The obvious is to go 4-2-3-1 but then managers seem to use this to just accommodate players.

I.E the awful three attacking players of klassen, sig and rooney vs spurs, also Davies shifted out to the right in other games

Gylfi can surely play in a 3 - heís even played DM for Iceland and excelled as a regista style playmaker.

Just baffling we didnít see it last year, if we had it may have made me a bit more comfortable

June 14, 2018, 06:25:26 PM
Reply #388

Juanito

Gylfi can surely play in a 3 - heís even played DM for Iceland and excelled as a regista style playmaker.

Just baffling we didnít see it last year, if we had it may have made me a bit more comfortable

Exactly, his work rate, size and footballing intelligence shows why he would do well in a midfield 3 and has done it before. I keep saying it but I would love to see him in a 3 with Gana and a new box to box machine, with Lookman, Walcott and hopefully Lozano up top.

June 14, 2018, 06:40:11 PM
Reply #389

Lxxx

Had a monstrous defensive output at saints.

At his best for us defensive numbers were something closer to Matic at Chelsea than klaassen.

No worries at all about his tackles / interceptions, but his head is powder puff for me. He’s a jogger. When he gets beat he’s beat for good.

This is the argument always held up for him though. His time at Southampton was years ago now and at a totally different stage of his career. He should be hitting his peak now but it seems like his peak was his final year at Southampton when mentally he was on it, searching for his big move.

His head isn't in it anymore and we need players who are strong enough to drive us forward. I've not seen a sustained run of good form from him since 2015, which tells a story.