October 20, 2018, 04:35:39 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34165 times)

March 04, 2018, 07:24:37 PM
Read 34165 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would say whether itís in the summer or more gradual, you need to move a lot on, leaving the team like this:
Pickford
Robles

Coleman  Keane*  Other  Other
Other      Holgate   FM      Baines
Kenny

Gana   Davies
McCarthy Other

Walcott         Sigurdsson    Lookman
Vlasic            Other            Henry

Tosun
Other
DCL

Thatís banking on keeping lookman, Henry & vlasic developing and tosun coming good.

*keane is absolute wank but I think heís better than heís showing.wouldnt be gutted if he went and we had two new cbs inside 12 months.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:49:49 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are you considering Tom Davies as ‘other’, brap?

I’ve bloody deleted him, fixing now.

Edit: right fixed, yeah build the team around him imo.

Pickford, Coleman, Gana, Davies, Walcott, Sig are all guarantees for the next phase.

Likely Lookman, Tosun as well.

Outside of that, we need quality throughout the pitch and in depth.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:51:42 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2018, 08:03:51 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And i've only got Davies as sub because of the amount of games he's already played at such a young age.

Worry about our cmís in both our line ups pretty much what we have now which is nowhere near good enough. Truth is Davies will likely be sub/squad for a few years and we need a new, good cm ASAP

March 04, 2018, 08:26:59 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting that all have included Tosun but for me he looked nothing special again yesterday.

Didnít see the game properly to be fair, Iíve more put him in under the assumption he comes good. Heís got more goodwill in the bank because he hasnít had as much time to utterly disgrace himself as some of he others.

March 04, 2018, 08:59:53 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís generally bad practice to take one season as Ďproofí of a goal scorer, even worse if you are only taking one competition from one season, or one season in a non top league.

Fact is we just donít know, and he has some goodwill in the bank, very hard to say outside of that.

March 04, 2018, 10:34:07 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll be extremely disappointed if I see Ashley Williams, Schneiderlin or Martina at all next year.

March 04, 2018, 11:53:10 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can see them all sticking around unfortunately.

A bit harsh to stick Martina into that as unlike the other two, he's playing as professionally and well as he possibly can.

Yea agree, but it would be a sign weíve once again failed terribly.

March 05, 2018, 12:18:02 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Coleman Holgate Jags Baines

Walcott Gueye Davies Bolasie

Sigurddsson

Tosun

Would be my current 11 but Coleman, Jags and Baines all need to be squad players at best very soon.

I would like to think Klaassen, Calvert Lewin, Keane and Lookman will have big roles to play in the future but I wouldn't put money on it. We really need a centre back and creative midfielder desperately.

Weíve been absolutely at sea all year and jags hasnít had a sniff.

Will leave the club or retire very soon I think.

March 05, 2018, 06:56:11 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need a new CM Iím absolutely convinced, maybe more than one.

If that means Davies plays less or forces himself in in front of sigurdsson at 10/slightly deeper than 10 in a three Iíd be fine with it, but at the moment we are very, very poor on the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Centre halves need totally rejuvenating as well. We need legs and we need bollocks and we need ball playing ability. Canít rustle up two out of the three at any one time at the moment, beginning to suspect holgates time at the club is coming to an unceremonious end as well, just not sure why..

Keane FM surely the next combo to try, but at this point it feels like keane writes his own ticket out the club with each game.

Be ruthless in the summer, anyone who is to play 20+ games needs to be <28 and at least very good or >28 and superb.

Anyone we need to play that amount of games who doesnít fit that, bin off and replace.

March 06, 2018, 02:54:07 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
if someone offered us 30 for sig in the summer Iíd bite their hands off btw

March 06, 2018, 07:31:16 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I feel he is pretty awesome. does the dirty work and has the skill to do what he does, we shouldnt play him on the left tho..we should use pace on the wings.. i feel he would be awesome in front of Davies and Gueye... 3 combative CM's, 1 with energy and pace, 1 who just tries t o win the ball back and one with the vision to to get us attacking.

Siggy has probably been my fave new signing this season.

Me too probably, I didnít want him particularly, certainly not for that amount but meh, heís done OK in a bad situation. And I think if we just made him shoot as much as possible and got him in and around the area as much as possible we could make him a success (through pure G+A) but heís not a midfielder really and he doesnít play like one.

This model doesnít rate his passing (or anything else) this year, but I do think heís been OK. I just think for his age and that, if we did get offered 30+ then Iíd take it.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/969271850864992261?s=21

March 07, 2018, 01:35:51 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know how to link to a tweet then? Itís @mixedknuts anyway and basically, Sig is doing below average in most things. Heís still been one of our best players like but yeah, the numbers donít make him look great.

Please donít misunderstand me that I donít like Sig - I absolutely do and he should play every game possible, like I say we can still make him a success by getting him in and around the box as much as possible.

But we donít play with a ten because we havenít got the midfield for it, and it would be better to have a good left forward/winger than him shunted out left, and if someone did offer us 30+ it would be good business to take it and put the money into someone we do need like a good midfielder.

If he stayed for the duration of his contract I would be very happy and would want him to play the majority of games, he is an elite striker of the ball from the edge of the box, and has very nice hair.

March 07, 2018, 02:03:55 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All true but I don't think we need the make the sacrifice of selling an asset to the team like Sigurddsson when we have Schneiderlin, Besic and several others taking up space first

Yes agree.

In the other comment I stated that the next phase should be built around Pickford, Coleman, Keane*, Sig, Gana, Walcott, Tosun*

April 11, 2018, 03:32:59 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It would be a massive mistake to get rid of Baines.

Also pointless, wonít get any money for Baines or jags. Much better for the culture at the club to keep them.

Plus ones still the best CB at the club, and the other is the best lb weíve ever had and is probably still top 10 in the prem.

April 11, 2018, 04:21:10 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What culture? The one that gives up when the going gets tough or the no trophies in 23 years and counting culture?

Little from column A, little from column B.