October 22, 2018, 09:05:24 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34260 times)

July 23, 2018, 03:39:21 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Please cut our losses on Keane, give him back to Burnley.

I’m spoiled a bit by watching one of the prems most consistent defenders ever in Jags, but - Micheal Keane is fucking pony.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 03:46:57 AM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís a horrible signing. We paid top money for a player that doesnít really look a top flight player. Heís an accident waiting to happen

Sean Dyche really needs a salesman of the year award
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A few heads falling off a bit on twitter over the squad.

Still thinking about this CM situation, some very reasonable posters have said they donít mind not upgrading this year but it looks to me like weíre doing like 2 cmís and one advanced cm - Schneiderlin and Gana is surely going to be the same story as the last year and a half?

July 23, 2018, 04:24:08 PM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keane will be fine this year.
But yeah, any defender is going to struggle when it's open season to run at them.

To be fair, we need a player that is Gana and Schneiderlin combined. Then you can either have Gana himself to add a destructive force against one type of team and a daintier player to unpick the more stubborn teams.

So yeah, i think i'm in the "CB, LB & CM are equally as important acquisitions this summer" camp, as opposed to the "LB & CB is all we need"

Keane getting slaughtered on twitter.

Getting never-going-to-work-out kind of vibes me.

July 23, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Because our fan base on twitter are amongst the worst i have seen.

A stable partner next to him, competent full backs and a midfield that at least pretends to protect him and he will work his way back into the England scene.
He'll be as good as Stones & Maguire, i still don't doubt that.

Going back to what Allardyce said today though, maybe it's me that give Evertonians too much credit & that they really are daft enough to want everything on a plate.

Yeah sometimes you see the shouts on twitter for like challenging the top 4 and you just have to believe some poeples heads are in the clouds.

Re Keane though, Iím not sure at all. Benefited from the Burnley-boost and is plainly struggling. Not writing him off of course but the fact is at the moment Jags is still the main man imo.

July 24, 2018, 01:21:21 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seeing Keane attempt to turn on a dustbin for the Porto goal makes me hope our centreback pairing is Holgate and Mina.

Looks bad doesnít it that goal, totally left for dust as well.

July 27, 2018, 05:19:40 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís going on with Holgate then now his number has gone to Richarlison?

Is moving up the pecking order?

At this point maybe by default

July 27, 2018, 06:02:12 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why are people having a pop at Sigurdsson?

The least of our problems him.

Yeah like heís never looked that good for us and he was expensive but we do know that he is capable of high standards. I would rather fuck off the ones who even on their best day arenít anywhere near good enough.

July 27, 2018, 05:09:11 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Made my mind up about Besic btw. Total, total wham.

Pennington is league one standard, no idea why he got another contract.

Kenny is Tony Hibbert. Nothing wrong with that but anyone thinking heís our future RB please stop saying it in public. Big heart but terrible quality.

Tosun - jury out big time, will turn out to be quite a bad buy I think but Iím happy to give him this season as the striker. Could do with a real main man at some point in the future, maybe when weíre ready to try and kick on.

Schneiderlin - about ready to give up on him to be honest. Not sure how such a capable player can be so cowardly in and out of possession. Shame we missed out on carvalho tbh I think that was our chance to upgrade.

Jags - has been written off many times before. Do so at our own risk because heíll be our starting centreback by Christmas again as usual.

July 27, 2018, 05:55:22 PM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Harsh on Kenny. Heíll have a premier league career, but probably not at us. No problem with him filling in for Coleman when he needs to.

And I donít get the tosun thing. Think heís easily bagging 15+ next season. Heís the main man youíre talking about for me.

Kenny absolutely no chance mate. A good aggressive tackler but heís a championship right back.

Tosun I donít mind him at all, but Iím honestly still backing DCL to end up userping him. Juryís out but happy to give him this year.

July 27, 2018, 05:59:21 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just hasn’t got the quality on the ball, some players are just like that. Not going to develop 1v1 ability or technique now at 20 odd.

If he was 6 foot + would made a good CB.

Keane showed some more of his OK passing last night. More of that please Micheal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:02:24 PM by brap2 »

July 27, 2018, 06:14:53 PM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Broadly agree, but disagree on the player development. You can work with players and improve them markedly. Coleman's not great technically, but he's developed a method of getting past people with movement off the ball, and well timed runs.

Heís had that since the first time I saw him on the home game against spurs. Kick and run dribbler who is a fantastic athlete.

Think you can work on individual bits of execution yeah so sweeping statement A bit unfair maybe but, I think you mostly are who you are at like 20 odd.

July 27, 2018, 08:01:05 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

July 28, 2018, 02:03:47 AM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
When Bolasie did his knee a fella by me stood up and shouted Ďroll him off the fucking pitchí

Our fans are fucking twats.

July 29, 2018, 10:03:58 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just seen someone suggest on twitter that U23 striker Fraser Hornby deserves a chance in midfield.

Think the season of insanity is now truly upon us, and the only thing that will stop it is signing a few good players. Marcel, save us from ourselves please.