October 20, 2018, 05:35:37 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34167 times)

March 04, 2018, 08:15:35 PM
Read 34167 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Coleman Holgate Jags Baines

Walcott Gueye Davies Bolasie

Sigurddsson

Tosun

Would be my current 11 but Coleman, Jags and Baines all need to be squad players at best very soon.

I would like to think Klaassen, Calvert Lewin, Keane and Lookman will have big roles to play in the future but I wouldn't put money on it. We really need a centre back and creative midfielder desperately.

March 05, 2018, 01:46:54 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Weíve been absolutely at sea all year and jags hasnít had a sniff.

Will leave the club or retire very soon I think.

He's had injury issues this year I think but yeah I think you are right

March 07, 2018, 01:52:02 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know how to link to a tweet then? Itís @mixedknuts anyway and basically, Sig is doing below average in most things. Heís still been one of our best players like but yeah, the numbers donít make him look great.

Please donít misunderstand me that I donít like Sig - I absolutely do and he should play every game possible, like I say we can still make him a success by getting him in and around the box as much as possible.

But we donít play with a ten because we havenít got the midfield for it, and it would be better to have a good left forward/winger than him shunted out left, and if someone did offer us 30+ it would be good business to take it and put the money into someone we do need like a good midfielder.

If he stayed for the duration of his contract I would be very happy and would want him to play the majority of games, he is an elite striker of the ball from the edge of the box, and has very nice hair.

All true but I don't think we need the make the sacrifice of selling an asset to the team like Sigurddsson when we have Schneiderlin, Besic and several others taking up space first

March 07, 2018, 02:55:09 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yes agree.

In the other comment I stated that the next phase should be built around Pickford, Coleman, Keane*, Sig, Gana, Walcott, Tosun*

Yeah perfect world stuff but I think the roundabout point is that if we can get value for players then you need to sell while they are worth cash especially when they are high value.

I don't really see any one player in this team who I would class as totally irreplaceable. Maybe Coleman rght now

March 08, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie really

what is he in you Everton team on football manager

he is a fucking joke biggest waste of £35m I have ever seen shit before his knee went and shit after

I'm not sure on him but he's a winger and I'm a big fan of playing people in their correct position

April 11, 2018, 05:18:02 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Think that says far more about the current lack of quality centre backs at the club than Jagielka's current ability. The players and a decent percentage of the fans are happy finishing mid-table as long as there's a good culture in the dressing room.

So the answer is to get rid of Williams maybe Mori not the best centre back we have then yes? If Jags then becomes our third or fourth choice centre back then he's more likely to put up with that and be dependable when called upon than our other defenders. Same goes for Baines.

April 11, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Itís probably a 3 or 4 window job fixing this and thatís assuming we get the vast majority of it right which seems unlikely that weíve got almost everything wrong.

New left back, new cover at left back, new centre halves, a genuine play maker, a pacy striker, decent wingers

Itís more a question of what we donít need.

Pickford Coleman gueye sigurdsson Walcott and tosan. Weíve a 5 a side team and a sub with literally no star quality

We are at the stage where we need to prey that some of the young players come on leaps and bounds and fill some of the many gaps

I think Baines becomes the cover at left back if we bring in a decent one. I agree on the rest though.

May 20, 2018, 10:33:15 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís my issue you say itís how you invest and we invest it badly, Keane and Klaassen is 50m and shite

Hence new DOF and Manager and CEO though things could change dramatically and it's not going to take much for that to be an upward change
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:08:38 PM by Silas »

June 22, 2018, 01:59:42 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm really surprised if this is true but it's a massive change if it's true and I'm all for that.

July 22, 2018, 08:29:52 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we'll see many others leave maybe some loans and Galloway etc moving permanently. Besics main issue has always been fitness anf injuries more than ability so if he can stay fit he's an option.

August 04, 2018, 04:46:41 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I love the deals we are making in terms of trimming the fat. Some big names on big money have headed out.