December 15, 2018, 02:40:12 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 36414 times)

March 05, 2018, 07:11:24 PM
Reply #60

bacon sarnie

Train them to play winning football until they get the idea.

March 06, 2018, 12:45:31 AM
Reply #61

Everton Mint

I really dont think with any of the players ability is the problem.. they have all done well either previously or elsewhere.

It is a mentality issue and shows up away from home and vs the top teams.

If three manager's cant sort this out then its time for a mass clearout and start again.

March 06, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
Reply #62

Evertonian in NC

Pickford

Coleman Holgate New New

Davies Sig Gueye

Lookman Walcott Onyekuru

Could work.... Maybe.

#Hammerin'Hank in the XI?  We can be Imaginary Friends!  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 06, 2018, 02:54:07 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
if someone offered us 30 for sig in the summer Id bite their hands off btw
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2018, 02:32:39 PM
Reply #64

Morta75

Keane will come strong next season. I think we need to sell these, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Bolasie, Williams, Ramirez, Mirallas, Niasse, Besic,
Buy new LB, CB central mid. with creativity and striker.
LB: Sessengon, Tierney, Philipp Max
CB: David Alaba, Tah, Andreas Christensen
Mid: Andre Gomez, Bryan Cristante, M.Dahoud
Striker: Anthony Martial, Timo Werner, Marcus Rashford

Most of these would not come to us unless we give them salary over the moon...

March 06, 2018, 02:55:41 PM
Reply #65

dunkster

The only players I'd hate to see us lose in the summer are pickford, Coleman and walcott.
I'd also keep the youth just to see if they come good. But the rest I couldn't really care much about. Jags, rooney and Baines are past it. So many mediocre players in the squad.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 06, 2018, 03:05:54 PM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

Weve bought so poorly it will take 4 transfer windows to get reasonabley sorted

One well planned, intelligently conceived summer window under a manager and a DOF on the same page, and you could sort this squad right out.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 06, 2018, 03:12:57 PM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
One well planned, idntelligently conceived summer window under a manager and a DOF on the same page, and you could sort this squad right out.

I agree with that but we would need that manager and DOF on board within the next few weeks, not mid July.

March 06, 2018, 03:16:42 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

I agree with that but we would need that manager and DOF on board within the next few weeks, not mid July.

Certainly in place by the end of May, at the latest. We'll see if any lessons have been learned from the Koeman/Walsh summer.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 06, 2018, 05:51:34 PM
Reply #69

Grand Master C

Because that pairing wouldn't work. I can see your logic but one is a lad without much experience who plays off the cuff and the other is a lad who looks scared of a football at the minute.

I'd be pairing Holgate with Jags until the end of the season, telling Keane to go away and sort his head out and make sure he's ready to come in pre season ready for a fresh challenge and to start his Everton career afresh. Knowing he won't have to see Ashley Williams ever again. 

I agree at the moment, but I think Holgate and Keane for the future was the plan (God, I hope there was a plan !!) and in the long term should still be.

As much as I am not a fan of a back 3 I would like to see Keane, Jags, Holgate for the last few games. Let Jags coach them positioning, how to read the game and hopefully build their confidence in real game situations. We have to be looking at the future, as we can't afford another summer and start of the season like this.

March 06, 2018, 06:37:15 PM
Reply #70

dazfrancis

We looked our most solid when Holgate had a run of games but we haven't seen him since.

He can't do any worse than Ashley Williams even if he was alongside Titus Bramble.

I might sound a bit mad but maybe having a bit of pace in defence helped and someone who can play out the back allowed us to retain possession a bit better.

It's fucking mental, if you were to grade our central defenders average rating against the number of game played Holgate would be top with the exception of Jags.

March 06, 2018, 06:58:33 PM
Reply #71

SANA_DR0

if someone offered us 30 for sig in the summer Id bite their hands off btw

I feel he is pretty awesome. does the dirty work and has the skill to do what he does, we shouldnt play him on the left tho..we should use pace on the wings.. i feel he would be awesome in front of Davies and Gueye... 3 combative CM's, 1 with energy and pace, 1 who just tries t o win the ball back and one with the vision to to get us attacking.

Siggy has probably been my fave new signing this season.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 06, 2018, 07:31:16 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I feel he is pretty awesome. does the dirty work and has the skill to do what he does, we shouldnt play him on the left tho..we should use pace on the wings.. i feel he would be awesome in front of Davies and Gueye... 3 combative CM's, 1 with energy and pace, 1 who just tries t o win the ball back and one with the vision to to get us attacking.

Siggy has probably been my fave new signing this season.

Me too probably, I didnt want him particularly, certainly not for that amount but meh, hes done OK in a bad situation. And I think if we just made him shoot as much as possible and got him in and around the area as much as possible we could make him a success (through pure G+A) but hes not a midfielder really and he doesnt play like one.

This model doesnt rate his passing (or anything else) this year, but I do think hes been OK. I just think for his age and that, if we did get offered 30+ then Id take it.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/969271850864992261?s=21
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2018, 07:54:05 PM
Reply #73

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like sig. He's someone we should be building the team around IMO.

March 06, 2018, 08:10:41 PM
Reply #74

The blue vein

I like sig. He's someone we should be building the team around IMO.
He must play in the #10 role nowhere else