July 21, 2018, 09:01:21 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 20167 times)

June 13, 2018, 04:09:12 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Two ‘outs’ for me there
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and schneiderlin staying

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/13/everton-manager-marco-silva-keen-givemorgan-schneiderlin-fresh/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Very conflicted on this.

On one hand, I agree with @Shogun that some of his performances have been genuinely unforgivable, and that’s without getting to the bottom of the ‘if you’re not up for a scrap go home’ stuff that came about under unsie.

HOWEVER - I do believe that in the right midfield, he has almost all the qualities to be a CL level screening DM. If you put him side by side across his career versus say Carvalho (who I like) you’d probably on a blind test pick Morgan.

It just means the end for Gueye imo, because Morgan will need two ball-hungry energy / passing machines next to him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good points. Although I feel you need someone in there with a bit of physical presence who can actually put a tackle in and disrupt play. Even on a good day his attempts at being physical are a bit powder puff. Not quite as bad as Klaassan, but not far off.

Had a monstrous defensive output at saints.

At his best for us defensive numbers were something closer to Matic at Chelsea than klaassen.

No worries at all about his tackles / interceptions, but his head is powder puff for me. He’s a jogger. When he gets beat he’s beat for good.

June 14, 2018, 06:01:56 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Problem is, I love Gana but he cannot play that holding role on his own.

The only role he can play is pressing like a mad man in a 3, and we might not be able to accommodate that.

June 14, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Be sound if we put a creative player next to him infront of morgan.

I'm more worried about how Sig fits in this 4-3-3.

Yeah I am myself. Gana / Davies / Gylfi - someone, maybe all three, is in for a tough year.

June 14, 2018, 06:16:25 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The obvious is to go 4-2-3-1 but then managers seem to use this to just accommodate players.

I.E the awful three attacking players of klassen, sig and rooney vs spurs, also Davies shifted out to the right in other games

Gylfi can surely play in a 3 - he’s even played DM for Iceland and excelled as a regista style playmaker.

Just baffling we didn’t see it last year, if we had it may have made me a bit more comfortable

June 14, 2018, 08:39:02 PM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to flap about the lack of movement tbh

June 14, 2018, 08:52:45 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why mate? No one is moving around the world, its not just us

I know I know I just FEEEL like others are closer.

I’m a flap merchant, I know.

June 14, 2018, 11:35:40 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Made up we’re selling a few of these absolute turkeys we call players

June 22, 2018, 01:47:48 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Word going round that Silva really likes dowell and has told him he’s a big part of his plans.

Reckon he uses him and Sigurdsson alternating in a cm playmaker role like de bruyne last year.

June 25, 2018, 04:03:52 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You don’t have to replace everyone that goes out

Robles and Mori are two people who haven’t contributed anything of note for a good while whilst picking up a decent wage. They’re just ones go get off the wage bill.

Williams is another who could go without having to get a replacement as you’d like to think we were signing a CB regardless of him staying or going.

Rooney as well as we’re well stocked in the centre midfield area.

You can also add Sandro and klassen to this list.

Some players just need to go and get off the wage bill.

We are absolutely desperate for a CM, we might have bodies but we don’t have quality.

June 25, 2018, 05:05:05 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying though.

You’d like to think a CM was coming in regardless of Rooney being here or not.

He’s just somebody we need off the wage bill.

Got you 👍

July 20, 2018, 12:13:22 AM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly this website sometimes.