June 19, 2018, 07:57:54 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 16368 times)

March 07, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
Reply #90

SANA_DR0

This Year:

Pickford

Coleman       Keane       Funes Mori      Mangala

Gana Gueye      Davies
         Walcott                                                Sigudsson

Tosun          DCL

Rooney, Vlasic, Klaasen, Bolasie, Lookman & Niasse getting time from the bench

Bin-off 10 players (see below) and buy:

Centre-Mid, Left Back, 2x Centre-Backs, Striker

Leaving 5 spaces for emerging youth players: Baningime, JJK, Dowell, Hornby, Feeney (for example)

Next Year:
                                         Pickford

Coleman       Keane       NEW       Baines

Gana Gueye     

Sigurdsson
              Walcott                                                Onyekuru
                                           NEW

Rooney, Vlasic, Klaasen, Lookman, Tosun, DCL, Davies getting time from the bench

Joel Robles                                   BIN
Eliaquim Mangala                         BIN
Ashley Williams                            BIN
Luke Garbutt                               BIN
Cuco Martina                               BIN
Morgan Schneiderlin                    BIN
James McCarthy                          BIN
Yannick Bolasie                           BIN
Shani Tarashaj                           BIN
Oumar Niasse                            BIN

I pretty much agree with t his besides the binning of Niasse and McCarthy... they aint the best, but their solid i feel plus they seem to pretty much love Everton... for me players who love Everton need to stay, regardless of them not playing as their attitude and training would be infectious.

i wouldnt bring Henry as a first team starter either... He's been average in a rubbish league.. I would rather buy a winger/attacker for the left hand side.
I would also change the formation to 2 uptop, Tosun will be a gem for us, i have no doubt of that (like Jelavic) score planty of goals, aslong as he has someone with him, and he doesnt have to do the donkey work.. I'd like Mori at the back with Holgate... Hopefully Mori's time out has made him reflect and improve the aspects of his games that Evertonians berated him for (concentration and roaming up the pitch, even tho i liked his jaunts)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 07, 2018, 09:01:22 PM
Reply #91

Toddacelli

I pretty much agree with t his besides the binning of Niasse and McCarthy... they aint the best, but their solid i feel plus they seem to pretty much love Everton... for me players who love Everton need to stay, regardless of them not playing as their attitude and training would be infectious.

i wouldnt bring Henry as a first team starter either... He's been average in a rubbish league.. I would rather buy a winger/attacker for the left hand side.
I would also change the formation to 2 uptop, Tosun will be a gem for us, i have no doubt of that (like Jelavic) score planty of goals, aslong as he has someone with him, and he doesnt have to do the donkey work.. I'd like Mori at the back with Holgate... Hopefully Mori's time out has made him reflect and improve the aspects of his games that Evertonians berated him for (concentration and roaming up the pitch, even tho i liked his jaunts)

McCarthy is too injury prone and the amount of money we can get for him will dwindle with every season, but more than that is competition for places. I would place ahead of him:

1: New CM
2: Gana Gueye is already the better player in his position
3: Davies continual development as already looks a first team player but needs learning time
4: Baningime continual development as has not looked out of place for the seniors
5: Besic is easily good enough to replace McCarthy and he is better injury-wise

So for 6th option - McCarthy can go.

As for Niasse:

1: New CF we still need to replace Lukaku
2: Tosun - I'm sure there is a player there - he needs some time
3: DCL - continual development and decent as a back-up or different option
4: Rooney - should be used from the bench and deeper than CF but when required, he still scores
5: Walcott - has played CF and can play CF
6: Onyekuru - not sure if it's too soon to have a look at him in the PL, especially after the injury, but if he does come over next year then I would be more interested in bedding him in
7: Lookman - plays as a winger but likes to cut in and is effective in the middle and needs more game time

As 8th choice - I love the lad and I'll miss that smile - but I think it's time to let him go and be first choice for someone like Brighton.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 07, 2018, 10:37:16 PM
Reply #92

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think I've known a season where I've heard the phrase ''there's a player in there" as often. I don't know if it's more to do with buying badly or just managers not giving new players a chance?

March 07, 2018, 10:41:33 PM
Reply #93

gizzblue

I don't think I've known a season where I've heard the phrase ''there's a player in there" as often. I don't know if it's more to do with buying badly or just managers not giving new players a chance?
Think it's a lot to do with most of the new signings not getting enough time to bed in or even play  ....we can't really say if they're shite or not.

So imho it's mostly a hopeful statement .

March 07, 2018, 11:17:16 PM
Reply #94

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's a hopeful statement too, just I'm not sure it's optimism flying in the face of reality. If you're buying players without a plan, or without a manager who is enthusiastic about bringing them in then how is it good for any of the parties involved. I suppose it's a bit like the Chelsea approach, but that doesn't really feel like a progressive way to run a club. If you're looking at who is getting it right at the moment in terms of recruitment, you'd probably say Man City and Liverpool. We could certainly take a leaf out of the latter's playbook in terms of the age of player we're signing.

It seems only a matter of when not if Allardyce leaves, and then where does it leave us again? Presumably at the behest of the next manager and their approach to the game as I don't see much sign of Walsh commanding a grand plan of our footballing approach. So who knows if any of these players would fit that new plan. Also, it puts us back at square one, or perhaps even worse trying to recover what we can on players who haven't improved in value as we're not playing well as a team.

March 08, 2018, 04:55:09 AM
Reply #95

bogie

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Jags Baines

Walcott Gueye Davies Bolasie

Sigurddsson

Tosun

Would be my current 11 but Coleman, Jags and Baines all need to be squad players at best very soon.

I would like to think Klaassen, Calvert Lewin, Keane and Lookman will have big roles to play in the future but I wouldn't put money on it. We really need a centre back and creative midfielder desperately.

Bolasie really

what is he in you Everton team on football manager

he is a fucking joke biggest waste of 35m I have ever seen shit before his knee went and shit after

March 08, 2018, 06:17:24 AM
Reply #96

Jamokachi

Bolasie really

he is a fucking joke biggest waste of 35m I have ever seen shit before his knee went and shit after

Ah, welcome back knobhead.

March 08, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
Reply #97

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie really

I'm not sure on him but he's a winger and I'm a big fan of playing people in their correct position

March 08, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Reply #98

Waltzer

Bolasie really

Bolasie cost 25 million, not 35!

March 08, 2018, 03:20:56 PM
Reply #99

Lxxx

Bolasie cost 25 million, not 35!

Still makes the eyes water even at 10m less.

March 08, 2018, 03:58:35 PM
Reply #100

Waltzer

Still makes the eyes water even at 10m less.
I dont know, I actually thought before his injury he was looking decent.

March 08, 2018, 04:14:33 PM
Reply #101

Lxxx

I think when you step up a level you're judged on output. At teams like Palace you can be pretty ineffective statistically most weeks with the occasional good game against the top 6 to raise your profile and you'll stay in the team every week. I didn't really see any difference in his Palace form to ours really, although admittedly he was unlucky with his injury.

March 08, 2018, 06:24:50 PM
Reply #102

SANA_DR0

that may have been the case, but since his return he has looked pants, if i was Lookman andseeing Yannick get in the squad and even getting 20 mins.. i'd want to get the fuck out too.

Lookman with no experience (in 1st team football) has created so much more than Yannick.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 09, 2018, 02:00:29 AM
Reply #103

terrydarracotsbaldpate

We have so many players,some great youth coming through, some dead weights.. which do you think deserve to be here next season, or which do you think have long term futures with us.

Goalkeepers          Nationality        Contract Expires Status                                  what to do!

1 Jordan Pickford England      June 2022                                          First team starter                           
22 Maarten Stekelenburg Netherlands June 2019                              Sell
33 Joel Robles            Spain June 2018                                               Free   

Defenders Nationality Contract Expires Status

3 Leighton Baines England June 2019                                            Squad player
4 Michael Keane England June 2022                                                         squad player/first team
5 Ashley Williams Wales June 2019                                               Sell
6 Phil Jagielka England June 2019                                                       squad/backroom staff?                                       
13 Eliaquim Mangala France June 2018 On Loan Injured                    send him back
15 Cuco Martina Curacao June 2020                                                       free transfer/sell
23 Seamus Coleman Ireland June 2022                                               first team
25 Ramiro Funes Mori Argentina June 2020                                       Squad player/maybe first team
30 Mason Holgate England June 2022                                                First team/future prospect
36 Luke Garbutt England June 2020                                                        reserve player/sell if replacement found
43 Jonjoe Kenny England June 2022                                                        Squad/first team

Midfielders Nationality Contract Expires Status

2 Morgan Schneiderlin France June 2021                                       SELL SELL SELL
16 James McCarthy Ireland June 2020 Injured                                     Squad player
17 Idrissa Gana Gueye Senegal June 2022                                         First team
18 Gylfi Sigurdsson Iceland June 2022                                                 First team
20 Davy Klaassen Netherlands June 2022                                        Squad
26 Tom Davies England June 2022                                                         First team
27 Nikola Vlasic Croatia June 2022                                                        Squad
54 Beni Baningime DR Congo June 2020                                          youth player with great prospects

Forwards Nationality Contract Expires Status

7 Yannick Bolasie DR Congo June 2021                                         SELL SELL SELL
10 Wayne Rooney England June 2019                                                   Squad
11 Theo Walcott England June 2021                                                          first team
14 Cenk Tosun Turkey June 2022                                                          First team
19 Oumar Niasse Senegal June 2020                                                           squad player
Shani Tarashaj Switzerland June 2020                                          sell
29 Dominic Calvert-Lewin England June 2023                                          squad player/prospect

U23 Players Nationality Contract Expires Status
38 Matty Foulds England June 2020 
39 Conor Grant England June 2018 
40 Sam Byrne Ireland June 2018 
41 Mateusz Hewelt Poland June 2019 
42 Josh Bowler England June 2019 
44 Bassala Sambou Germany & England June 2019 
47 Calum Dyson England June 2018 
48 Morgan Feeney England June 2018 
51 Antony Evans England June 2020 
53 David Henen Belgium June 2018
55 Nathan Broadhead England June 2018 
56 Chris Renshaw England June 2019 
57 Lewis Gibson England June 2020 
58 Nathangelo Markelo England June 2020 
59 Jose Baxter England June 2020
61 Alex Denny     
62 Daniel Bramall     
63 Shane Lavery     
65 Joe Hilton     
66 Con Ozounidis     
67 Fraser Hornby Scotland   
68 Stephen Duke-McKenna     
69 Michael Collins     
70 Anthony Gordon     

Players Out On Loan Nationality Contract Expires Destination                                 
9 Sandro Ramirez Spain June 2021 Sevilla                                                   Sell
11 Kevin Mirallas Belgium June 2020 Olympiakos                                                   Sell
28 Kieran Dowell England June 2019 Nottingham Forest                                 Squad player/prospect
31 Ademola Lookman England June 2021 RB Leipzig                                        Squad player/prospect
32 Brendan Galloway England June 2019 Sunderland                                        sell?
35 Callum Connolly England June 2019 Ipswich Town                                    squad player/prospect
37 Harry Charsley England June 2019 Bolton Wanderers                             Squad player/prospect
45 Louis Gray Wales June 2018 Carlisle United                                            ????
46 Joe Williams England June 2020 Barnsley                                                    squad player/prospect
49 Antonee Robinson England June 2019 Bolton Wanderers                             maybe first team player/propesct
60 Boris Mathis France June 2019 Northampton Town                                     squad/prospect
  Matthew Pennington England June 2019 Leeds United                                sell
Tyias Browning England June 2019 Sunderland                                           sell
Henry Onyekuru England June 2022 Anderlecht                                          future prospect

we only have a few first team players really for next season

Pickford
Coleman          Holgate/keane/Mori         ??????

Walcott       Davies/Gueye/siggy           ??????

Tosun ?????

cant believe how fucked our squad is...what are your views?

sorry for the crap layout.
Sell Williams ? The only director of football who would touch him would be Steve Walsh

March 09, 2018, 02:16:44 AM
Reply #104

gizzblue

Sell Williams ? The only director of football who would touch him would be Steve Walsh
Perhaps we could stuff him in Walsh's briefcase on the amazing Dof's (shite scouts) last day at FF.