October 23, 2018, 03:24:14 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 34289 times)

May 18, 2018, 06:39:37 AM
Reply #210

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
CM - Max Meyer contract running out. Hes Young but good enough by far. Carvalho linked, like for like with schneiderlin. Paredes, bit of a mix of both, could you tempt from zenit? Frenkie De Jong a bit early and destined for CL?

LB - honesty no idea. Would have said Luke Shaw was nailed on for Walshy, but Franky Fabra could be a goer under Brands,despite the seemingly Cronenbergian timeline.

CB - someone said Tah? Like the idea of that. De Ligt if we want to go down the Stones route. I think I would prefer an athletically dominant CB...Mawson still realistic?

CF - iheanacho would be my choice if Leicester aren’t entirely convinced. Would still be interested in dembele, embolo, Dolberg, Willian Josť....belotti ? Someone has to buy him at some point.

Superstar factor : neres, lozano, mahrez (old but OK), bergwijn, kluivert, Oyarzabal, inaki Williams, Adama traore, guedes, ziyech, sisto, demarai gray, James Maddison.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:19:49 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
Reply #211

American Evertonian

CM - Max Meyer contract running out. Hes Young but good enough by far. Carvalho linked, like for like with schneiderlin. Paredes, bit of a mix of both, could you tempt from zenit? Frenkie De Jong a bit early and destined for CL?

LB - honesty no idea. Would have said Luke Shaw was nailed on for Walshy, but Franky Fabra could be a goer under Brands,despite the seemingly Cronenbergian timeline.

CB - someone said Tah? Like the idea of that. De Ligt if we want to go down the Stones route. I think I would prefer an athletically dominant CB...Mawson still realistic?

CF - iheanacho would be my choice if Leicester arenít entirely convinced. Would still be interested in dembele, embolo, Dolberg, Willian Josť....belotti ? Someone has to buy him at some point.

Superstar factor : neres, lozano, mahrez (old but OK), bergwijn, kluivert, Oyarzabal, inaki Williams, Adama traore, guedes, sisto, demarai gray, James Maddison.

I could get on board with some of these for sure.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

May 18, 2018, 04:04:23 PM
Reply #212

SANA_DR0

CF - iheanacho would be my choice if Leicester arenít entirely convinced. Would still be interested in dembele, embolo, Dolberg, Willian Josť....belotti ? Someone has to buy him at some point.

Superstar factor : neres, lozano, mahrez (old but OK), bergwijn, kluivert, Oyarzabal, inaki Williams, Adama traore, guedes, sisto, demarai gray, James Maddison.

Wanted Dolberg here since the beginning of last season.. wish Brands can twist his arm.. Dolberg and Tosun would be a pretty lethal partnership with Mayer in behind them.. Maddison would also be a great signing..Cant see him playing week in week out for any club above us..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 18, 2018, 09:18:09 PM
Reply #213

dunkster

Klaasen looking to stay and fight for his place next season, apparently.
I like that in a player.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 18, 2018, 10:45:03 PM
Reply #214

GrantyBoy78

Klaasen looking to stay and fight for his place next season, apparently.
I like that in a player.
TBF whatís the alternative? He ainít going back to Ajax on £100k a week.

May 18, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
Reply #215

kramer0

TBF what's the alternative? He ain't going back to Ajax on £100k a week.

Iím pretty confident that some good European sides would be interested if he was available.

Iím happy he wants to stick around to show the new boss what he has to offer. He was arguably the least suited of our new signings to Koeman/Allardyce long-ball tactics and probably has the most to gain from us hiring someone more progressive.

May 18, 2018, 11:37:58 PM
Reply #216

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm pretty confident that some good European sides would be interested if he was available.

I'm happy he wants to stick around to show the new boss what he has to offer. He was arguably the least suited of our new signings to Koeman/Allardyce long-ball tactics and probably has the most to gain from us hiring someone more progressive.
Good on him for wanting to stay and fight for his place. He has nothing to lose and neither do we, it's not like clubs are banging down the doors for him and he's rejecting moves
Simply simply lovely

May 19, 2018, 02:41:32 AM
Reply #217

Ramjam

He did reject a loan to Napoli in January though
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 19, 2018, 03:22:09 AM
Reply #218

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Literally never wanted a player to come good as much as I do for Davy
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 19, 2018, 03:36:15 AM
Reply #219

blue slug

Superstar factor : neres, lozano, mahrez (old but OK), bergwijn, kluivert, Oyarzabal, inaki Williams, Adama traore, guedes, ziyech, sisto, demarai gray, James Maddison.

Good suggestions there matey and realistic

May 19, 2018, 03:37:55 AM
Reply #220

blue slug

Think someone at the echo mentioned Fabinho from Monaco and Phillip Max a German left back

May 19, 2018, 09:34:53 AM
Reply #221

Outworlder47

He did reject a loan to Napoli in January though

To be fair he wouldn't sniff their XI, especially not while Napoli was chasing the Serie A title. Hamsik (attack), Jorginho (distribute), and the Brazilian Allan (protect) have been the preferred midfield three with Zielinski tending to come on for one of them each match. Klaassen would play most similarly to either of the first two, and he's not currently shown that level of play.

May 19, 2018, 12:37:08 PM
Reply #222

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair he wouldn't sniff their XI, especially not while Napoli was chasing the Serie A title. Hamsik (attack), Jorginho (distribute), and the Brazilian Allan (protect) have been the preferred midfield three with Zielinski tending to come on for one of them each match. Klaassen would play most similarly to either of the first two, and he's not currently shown that level of play.

I was wondering whether he had the physical attributes to play how Napoli do.

So Iíd be interested if in a more coherent attacking system whether thereís something thatís heís lost here that can be extracted by a more suitable tactical approach.

May 19, 2018, 01:07:08 PM
Reply #223

KoemansNumberTens

Literally never wanted a player to come good as much as I do for Davy

Be great if him and Sandro make decent contributions next season

May 19, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
Reply #224

Lxxx

Be great if him and Sandro make decent contributions next season

Save us a fortune if they turn out to be able to contribute. Plus theyíre both a good age to invest in and hopefully improve.