August 26, 2019, 05:07:30 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 43480 times)

March 07, 2018, 03:05:14 PM
Read 43480 times

gizzblue

Hate to think where we would be without the 7 goals Gylfi had a hand in in the league ....not great stats granted but in a shite team even,  he offers more than most ...Still think the best is yet to come and he needs to be a no 10 not a fucking winger.
Born not made a blue .

March 07, 2018, 10:41:33 PM
Reply #1

gizzblue

I don't think I've known a season where I've heard the phrase ''there's a player in there" as often. I don't know if it's more to do with buying badly or just managers not giving new players a chance?
Think it's a lot to do with most of the new signings not getting enough time to bed in or even play  ....we can't really say if they're shite or not.

So imho it's mostly a hopeful statement .
Born not made a blue .

March 09, 2018, 02:16:44 AM
Reply #2

gizzblue

Sell Williams ? The only director of football who would touch him would be Steve Walsh
Perhaps we could stuff him in Walsh's briefcase on the amazing Dof's (shite scouts) last day at FF.
Born not made a blue .

April 18, 2018, 11:41:58 PM
Reply #3

gizzblue

Easier said than done but the following need to be shown the door......

Stekelenburg, Martina, Williams, Scheiderlin, Rooney imo, Mirallas, maybe Bolasie, maybe even Klassen.....

Exactly these players(aside Klassen not given enough time to tell) all nowhere near the level we need to strive to be at ,although Besic, McCarthy, Browning all could go too.
Born not made a blue .

May 02, 2018, 07:08:37 PM
Reply #4

gizzblue

So that's where he's been directing his energy and work ethic....into her minge

Fuck me I'm suprised he can even score in the bedroom that cunt .
Born not made a blue .

May 21, 2018, 08:07:21 PM
Reply #5

gizzblue

Yeah perfect for burning off a bit of rocky

Haha my miss spent youth comes flooding back 😅😅.
Born not made a blue .

June 14, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Really hope im completely wrong tbh.....but his lack of giving any sort of shit over a good half a dozen goals last season screams a shithouse who has give up completely ...

He gets carded and sent off because his tackling is so poor .

As for him over Gana(out best spoiler and tackles easily) ..ffs it shouldn't even be mentioned as a posibility.

Think Brands is wrong in this,  someone should show him strolling back to his own area countless times last year .

My only saving thought is Brands is being clever ....no no we don't wanna sell him ...bumping his price up. (Wishful thinking? ).
Born not made a blue .

June 30, 2018, 03:34:29 AM
Reply #7

gizzblue

So looks like Big Morgan is deffo off. I'm gutted this hasn't work out tbh

https://mobile.twitter.com/OM_Fadaaaaaaaa/status/1012301928066441217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1012301928066441217&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231012301928066441217

Was such a hot prospect given his premier league history ....but never seen a player give up and roll over like him since Jo sat on his arse against city never to pull on the shirt again .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:35:47 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

June 30, 2018, 05:13:22 AM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Born not made a blue .

July 28, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
Reply #9

gizzblue

He does though. Positional awareness and discipline is one of his biggest weaknesses, he'll go chasing a ball into the corner and leave a big hole where he's meant to be. Sometimes his play can be like it was school where every player just chases the ball round the park regardless of the position they're meant to play. I like him, links defence and attack up well, always looks to get the ball forward but he's prone to wandering off or getting caught out of position. That can be changed and coached into a player but he also needs the intelligence to be able to stick to it.

This is spot on tbh....but I still prefer a player to chase with passion than to stop running and walk back when we are being attacked ....a la Scneids on many occasions last year.
Born not made a blue .

August 05, 2018, 02:42:49 AM
Reply #10

gizzblue

Okay, letís for arguments sake say he bought a £100m striker instead of inheriting Kane. To do what heís done on £140m would be just as impressive.

Heís just a very, very good manager with a sensible chairman who knows how to handle the finances well.

Aside the fact Spurs would never be allowed to spend anywhere near that ever on a player ...not even close ...so its dumb luck in reality ...the argument is there any top eight team with a player like kane has a chane of a class season ....until the last few weeks when it all goes to shit historically a la spurs .
Born not made a blue .