August 24, 2019, 06:57:39 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 43397 times)

June 14, 2018, 04:35:19 PM
Reply #15

themilkycoffees

Why will he do that?

People far too quick to forgive him IMO. A couple of average performances at the end of the season shouldn't make up for his complete lack of effort before that.

June 14, 2018, 04:52:24 PM
Reply #16

themilkycoffees

Maybe, but fresh start in my eyes.

That's your view, fair enough. If he does stay, I hope he performs well and we get to see the best of him. Every player can have bad games and bad spells but I just think a lack of effort is unforgivable.

June 14, 2018, 05:26:49 PM
Reply #17

themilkycoffees

I personally think schneiderlin was the product of our poor season overall throughout the whole club...

as fans we wanted to vent our frustration at someone and for me it fell at his feet.....yes he had a few bad games....but who didn't...with that in mind.....

his good games become average..his average games become poor....( in the fans opinion) every little mistake is highlighted as a "lack of effort".....his "lack of passion" is constantly raised...yet he gets booked every game with a couple of sending off's thrown in...?

as a comparison look at davies..i thought he had a very poor season overall.....yet he's forgiven because of his age and he's a local lad..apart from his energy.... for me he didn't develop any further at all....and probably contributed as much as schneiderlin did...

energy with a bad game v "lack of effort" with a bad game.......whats the difference ? because the end result is the same..

just my opinion...

The sending off in Lyon was a disgrace and because he couldn't be arsed anymore. Massive coward.

June 14, 2018, 08:46:54 PM
Reply #18

themilkycoffees

Starting to flap about the lack of movement tbh

Think we'll start seeing stuff happen early July. Wouldn't worry too much just yet.

June 14, 2018, 09:40:50 PM
Reply #19

themilkycoffees

The problem is clubs will want you to pay a huge premium just to do a deal before the World Cup. In case, one, a player has a great tournament and/or two, it allows you to get that player settled that little bit earlier.

June 14, 2018, 09:50:14 PM
Reply #20

themilkycoffees

There will be nothing done pre or during the WC so relax!!
We need to sell to buy, our saleable assets that we will maybe be happy to sell are Yannick, and I cant see us getting more than 18m for him, Williams maybe 3m, Klassen maybe 10m for him, Sandro maybe 10m for him from a Spanish club. That would bring in aroud 45m maybe.
Cant see us pulling up trees this summer in the market with that money.
Christ Steve Walsh did an TERRIBLE job!

I really don't think we need to sell to buy in terms of transfer funds. More a case of we can't just keep spending silly money and silly wages, so let's reduce the wage bill before we go and spend any more money.

July 23, 2018, 11:03:06 PM
Reply #21

themilkycoffees

Feel this season our back 2/3 will end up being picked from Holgate Jagielka and a new CB.

I also feel with Silva liking Schneiderlin i think Gana may be phased out of the starting 11 with a more complete player taking his position.

If Schneiderlin starts instead of Gueye, we've got big problems.

July 26, 2018, 03:59:13 PM
Reply #22

themilkycoffees

................I think we expected Boro to sign Besic after his good loan spell . Don't know why it hasn't happened.

Think he's good enough to play in the PL. Just maybe not good enough to play regularly for a team looking to get in the top six. 

July 30, 2018, 03:58:42 PM
Reply #23

themilkycoffees

out of our current squad, id only keep

Pickford
Kenny
Coleman
Holgate
Gana
Besic
DCL
Dowell
Siggy
Vlasic
Walcott
Davies
Tosun
Niasse

for me, the others can all go.

Richarlison surely deserves more of a chance mate? I know Everton fans can be brutal but he's only played 2 games  ;D

July 30, 2018, 08:56:00 PM
Reply #24

themilkycoffees

July 30, 2018, 09:19:47 PM
Reply #25

themilkycoffees

To be fair, he's an experienced keeper, who's happy to be No. 2 and won't be on a fortune. Probably just a sensible decision. Pickford played every PL game last season so let's hope for the same again.

July 30, 2018, 09:41:14 PM
Reply #26

themilkycoffees

The sooner Jagielka is stripped of the captaincy, the better. Solid defender in his day (now past), but he's never been a good captain.

July 30, 2018, 10:57:45 PM
Reply #27

themilkycoffees

Assuming Digne is done, one CB* and one CM** at the very least would be a big step in the right direction.

*With pace, can defend.
** Can pass forward.