November 19, 2018, 11:39:34 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 35486 times)

March 06, 2018, 08:27:32 PM
Read 35486 times

Juanito

Just look at Swansea. Couple of tweaks here and there, a likeable manager who inspires the players and makes football enjoyable - what a turnaround. Allardyce, being anti - football and not a very likeable man....

April 16, 2018, 12:15:57 AM
Reply #1

Juanito

Lookman just scored a really excellent equalizer for Leipzig.

He should take Bolasieís place next season.

April 16, 2018, 12:26:46 AM
Reply #2

Juanito

Announcers noting "not everything he does is right" but he brings a "dose of positivity" to the side and gives them the spark they lacked in the first half.

Gee, does that sound like it would be useful to anyone else?

Iím watching this now and see he offers a lot more defensively, or perhaps could be moulded to do so a lot more easily than Bolasie can. Gonna do him the world of good training with players like Werner and Keita, even if he doesnít start every week.

June 04, 2018, 01:18:15 AM
Reply #3

Juanito

Wisful thinking;

Out

Williams
Mirallas
Besic
Martina
Rooney
Mori
Bolasie

Out on loan
Klaassen
Kenny
DCL
Dowell

In

Maddison
Nathan Ake
Phillip Max
Torreira
Lozano
Kluivert

June 04, 2018, 11:36:40 AM
Reply #4

Juanito

Big fan.

Iím a sucker for a tall attacking midfielder though.

You must have loved Ballack in his prime then.

June 13, 2018, 03:18:21 AM
Reply #5

Juanito

You've got Connolly, Galloway and Browning on top of that list too.  And Tarashaj.

Would let Connolly go on loan again and sell the other two. Connolly did very well at Ipswich.

June 14, 2018, 06:25:26 PM
Reply #6

Juanito

Gylfi can surely play in a 3 - heís even played DM for Iceland and excelled as a regista style playmaker.

Just baffling we didnít see it last year, if we had it may have made me a bit more comfortable

Exactly, his work rate, size and footballing intelligence shows why he would do well in a midfield 3 and has done it before. I keep saying it but I would love to see him in a 3 with Gana and a new box to box machine, with Lookman, Walcott and hopefully Lozano up top.

July 20, 2018, 02:06:26 AM
Reply #7

Juanito

yes

Think it was a no because he has played in the Europa League or something.

July 24, 2018, 12:44:20 AM
Reply #8

Juanito

Seeing Keane attempt to turn on a dustbin for the Porto goal makes me hope our centreback pairing is Holgate and Mina.