November 21, 2018, 01:32:33 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 35535 times)

June 04, 2018, 01:18:15 AM
Reply #315

Juanito

Wisful thinking;

Out

Williams
Mirallas
Besic
Martina
Rooney
Mori
Bolasie

Out on loan
Klaassen
Kenny
DCL
Dowell

In

Maddison
Nathan Ake
Phillip Max
Torreira
Lozano
Kluivert

June 04, 2018, 01:24:05 AM
Reply #316

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I liked the look of Loftus Cheek when I saw him playing for England yesterday. Don't think he had an outstanding game, but could see how he could be effective.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 04, 2018, 04:15:09 AM
Reply #317

Trowel

Klaassen linked with a loan move to Besiktas.

Do the Turks ever pay for anything? I'm still bitter from the Yobo farce.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 04, 2018, 04:24:56 AM
Reply #318

KoemansNumberTens

I liked the look of Loftus Cheek when I saw him playing for England yesterday. Don't think he had an outstanding game, but could see how he could be effective.

Thought he was brilliant in the first game against us last season

June 04, 2018, 04:31:13 AM
Reply #319

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was brilliant in the first game against us last season

You've got a great memory. I'm trying to think who he played for against us lol
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 04, 2018, 04:32:57 AM
Reply #320

KoemansNumberTens

You've got a great memory. I'm trying to think who he played for against us lol

Was on loan at palace last season. Thought he ran the first game against us. The game where Niasse got his diving ban

June 04, 2018, 04:35:29 AM
Reply #321

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Was on loan at palace last season. Thought he ran the first game against us. The game where Niasse got his diving ban

That's right. For some reason I was thinking Watford. Only saw bits of that game. To be honest, most games from last season have been a blur.

June 04, 2018, 05:50:00 AM
Reply #322

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Big fan.

I’m a sucker for a tall attacking midfielder though.

June 04, 2018, 11:36:40 AM
Reply #323

Juanito

Big fan.

I’m a sucker for a tall attacking midfielder though.

You must have loved Ballack in his prime then.

June 04, 2018, 02:10:17 PM
Reply #324

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You must have loved Ballack in his prime then.

Still watches vids of prime yaya walking through teams for fun
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 06, 2018, 02:50:23 PM
Reply #325

Macca77

Schneiderlin the shithouse wants to leave

Bye then

June 06, 2018, 03:08:00 PM
Reply #326

Ramjam

Bye then
Of course he does, that’s because the going is about to get a bit tougher and he doesn’t have the stomach for a fight to retain a starting berth on a Saturday, let the fucker go he’s been stealing his wages for almost two years now.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 06, 2018, 03:15:35 PM
Reply #327

phillyt

So reports are that brands/silva want to shift around 12 players. Fairly obvious who they are going to be.

Rooney-looks like a done deal but if he stayed and accepted a bit part role  he could be useful. Big wages tho
Robles- ✅
Stek-✅
Martina✅
Williams✅
Mori-wouldn’t be offended if he stayed. Again as back up though.
Schneiderlin ✅
McCarthy-been injured and at times had looked ok, at other times shite we have better in the squad do deffo get rid.
Bolasie- recovering from serious injury. Been shocking this season but then so have everyone. Be happier to see him kept on till jan to asses if he will improve.
Niasse- be sorry to see him go but we need better.
Mirralas ✅
Garbutt✅
Sandro- personally like to see him come back and get a run in and he u23. See if he can come on.
Klaasen- see Sandro
Besic-not worked out thru injury. Maybe found his level at boro. Another one who I will be sad to see go but the time is right i think.

I know that’s 14 but I guess we won’t be seeing them all go. You also have the likes of jags/Baines who are getting on and need moving on soon.
Is there anyone else? Someone on the list who shouldn’t be there?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 06, 2018, 03:32:37 PM
Reply #328

Hesmenos

I've said before that a major part of Brand's job will be in getting rid of players. It looks like this was explained to both him and Silva before they came as they both talked about looking at what players we already have before we think about going out to buy someone.
It won't be easy to do as not many teams will be clamouring for players who've had a poor season and will be on ridiculous wages. I believe we ended up with a bloated squad because Walsh thought it would be easy to get rid of the old after we brought in the new, only to realise he didn't have a clue how to do it. This is why we have now brought  in a technical director instead of a scout to do the job.

June 08, 2018, 04:56:27 AM
Reply #329

SANA_DR0

Bye then

Schneiderlin and Bolasie have been told that they're not needed :D
Newcastle supposed to be in for Yannick.
happy days!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....