October 17, 2019, 07:52:43 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 44980 times)

June 14, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Reply #390

Waltzer

Think we'll see the best of Sig this year, we were trying to fit square pegs in round holes last year. With Rooney going I think we'll see Sig on the left of the front 3, with Lookman coming on later on in games. We definitely need a more creative CM, I know he has his injury concerns but I wouldnt mind seeing us go and get Wilshere.

June 14, 2018, 07:22:04 PM
Reply #391

Cereal Killer

Sorry what??

4-2-3-1??

With Gana and Schneids as the 2??

I know I've tried to forget most of last season but isn't this exactly what we did? And it was a shambles, the opposition just walked through us time and again

June 14, 2018, 07:29:57 PM
Reply #392

kramer0

Sorry what??

4-2-3-1??

With Gana and Schneids as the 2??

I know I've tried to forget most of last season but isn't this exactly what we did? And it was a shambles, the opposition just walked through us time and again

That midfield pairing is death.

There are so many things I would do to never see it again.

June 14, 2018, 08:39:02 PM
Reply #393

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Starting to flap about the lack of movement tbh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 08:43:51 PM
Reply #394

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why mate? No one is moving around the world, its not just us
Simply simply lovely

June 14, 2018, 08:46:54 PM
Reply #395

themilkycoffees

Think we'll start seeing stuff happen early July. Wouldn't worry too much just yet.

June 14, 2018, 08:52:45 PM
Reply #396

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why mate? No one is moving around the world, its not just us

I know I know I just FEEEL like others are closer.

Iím a flap merchant, I know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 14, 2018, 08:58:16 PM
Reply #397

kramer0

It would make sense for Silva to want a week or two of training with the squad before he and Brands make any big transfer decisions.

June 14, 2018, 09:00:21 PM
Reply #398

formerKHL

they'll be going through the player files/stats as we speak.....

mark my words

June 14, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
Reply #399

blue slug

It would make sense for Silva to want a week or two of training with the squad before he and Brands make any big transfer decisions.

They aren't blind I think all of us know of at least 6 players that just aren't up to it and positions that need urgent attention asap

June 14, 2018, 09:22:44 PM
Reply #400

Cereal Killer

All the talk of everyone wanting to get their business done before the World Cup, and hardly anyone has done anything. It's not just us

June 14, 2018, 09:40:50 PM
Reply #401

themilkycoffees

The problem is clubs will want you to pay a huge premium just to do a deal before the World Cup. In case, one, a player has a great tournament and/or two, it allows you to get that player settled that little bit earlier.

June 14, 2018, 09:46:12 PM
Reply #402

Tofifee

There will be nothing done pre or during the WC so relax!!
We need to sell to buy, our saleable assets that we will maybe be happy to sell are Yannick, and I cant see us getting more than 18m for him, Williams maybe 3m, Klassen maybe 10m for him, Sandro maybe 10m for him from a Spanish club. That would bring in aroud 45m maybe.
Cant see us pulling up trees this summer in the market with that money.
Christ Steve Walsh did an TERRIBLE job!

June 14, 2018, 09:49:37 PM
Reply #403

Lxxx

All our time will be taken trying to shift quite a few out the door at present. Brands has been quite explicit on the current situation.

June 14, 2018, 09:50:14 PM
Reply #404

themilkycoffees

There will be nothing done pre or during the WC so relax!!
We need to sell to buy, our saleable assets that we will maybe be happy to sell are Yannick, and I cant see us getting more than 18m for him, Williams maybe 3m, Klassen maybe 10m for him, Sandro maybe 10m for him from a Spanish club. That would bring in aroud 45m maybe.
Cant see us pulling up trees this summer in the market with that money.
Christ Steve Walsh did an TERRIBLE job!

I really don't think we need to sell to buy in terms of transfer funds. More a case of we can't just keep spending silly money and silly wages, so let's reduce the wage bill before we go and spend any more money.