November 16, 2018, 06:38:19 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 35332 times)

July 23, 2018, 08:46:56 AM
Reply #510

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber
If we add Richarlison, Mina, and Digne, and keep Lookman, we would look decent with Silva’s front-foot, energetic style.

With that in mind, these would be my line-ups/squad: (yep, I would start Besic, and dispite my slandering of him, I feel Schneiderlin could keep everything ticking over nicely once the whole squad is up to speed and on the same page, plus I think Silva really likes him; I also think he prefers Keane, but I would prefer Jagielka as first choice provided we get Mina in there)

Pickford
             Coleman Mina Jagielka Digne
             Besic Schneiderlin Sigurdsson
                Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Stekelenburg
              Kenny Keane Holgate Baines
                    Davies Gana Vlasic
                  Sandro Niasse Lookman

Robinson, Baningime, Dowell, Calvert-Lewin

GK Pickford, Stekelenburg
RB Coleman, Kenny
LB Digne, Baines, Robinson
CB Mina, Jagielka, Keane, Holgate
DM Schneiderlin, Gana, Baningime
M/CM/ACM Besic, Sigurdsson, Davies, Vlasic, Dowell
FW/W/ST Walcott, Tosun, Richarlison, Sandro, Niasse, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin

I may be in the minority here but Gana is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

July 23, 2018, 09:11:47 AM
Reply #511

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ganas decent but when he gets into attacking third he’s not very good.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 23, 2018, 09:14:07 AM
Reply #512

Ramjam

Ganas decent but when he gets into attacking third he's not very good.
He gets nose bleeds once he passes the halfway line
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 23, 2018, 09:36:56 AM
Reply #513

eyesalwaysblue

What to do with.....
Next full session at Finch Farm send Jordan and Seamus for the chips and fucking shoot the rest..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 23, 2018, 09:56:38 AM
Reply #514

howard1334

If we add Richarlison, Mina, and Digne, and keep Lookman, we would look decent with Silva’s front-foot, energetic style.

With that in mind, these would be my line-ups/squad: (yep, I would start Besic, and dispite my slandering of him, I feel Schneiderlin could keep everything ticking over nicely once the whole squad is up to speed and on the same page, plus I think Silva really likes him; I also think he prefers Keane, but I would prefer Jagielka as first choice provided we get Mina in there)

Pickford

Stekelenburg
                    Davies Gana Vlasic
                  Sandro Niasse Lookman

RB Coleman, Kenny

Mirallas and Klaasen have been sold or are playing with the u-23s? I would start Holgate with Mina. Good on the ball. Yet to see him make many mistakes. Faster and more athletic than Keane.

July 23, 2018, 01:40:51 PM
Reply #515

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You can’t be starting Besic over Gana.

Come on.

July 23, 2018, 01:58:19 PM
Reply #516

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

July 23, 2018, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #517

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A few heads falling off a bit on twitter over the squad.

Still thinking about this CM situation, some very reasonable posters have said they don’t mind not upgrading this year but it looks to me like we’re doing like 2 cm’s and one advanced cm - Schneiderlin and Gana is surely going to be the same story as the last year and a half?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 03:55:51 PM
Reply #518

Lxxx

A few heads falling off a bit on twitter over the squad.

Still thinking about this CM situation, some very reasonable posters have said they don’t mind not upgrading this year but it looks to me like we’re doing like 2 cm’s and one advanced cm - Schneiderlin and Gana is surely going to be the same story as the last year and a half?

We can't be starting another season with Schneiderlin and Gana as our midfield axis. The very thought of the opposition walking through the middle of the pitch again at will only to be confronted with Michael Keane makes me cringe.

July 23, 2018, 04:05:06 PM
Reply #519

sam of the south

You can’t be starting Besic over Gana.

Come on.

You can if you have Schneiderlin doing his job.

Silva said himself that Schneiderlin is a #6 that can, and prefers to work alone.

If that is the case, you would then need Gana to be a player to advance us up the pitch, and we know what that looked like last season.

If he could be discliplined I would love Gana instead of Schneiderlin, but I don’t see that happening.

Who do you think would do a better job of carrying the ball and passing forwards, Gana or Besic?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 23, 2018, 04:05:25 PM
Reply #520

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Keane will be fine this year.
But yeah, any defender is going to struggle when it's open season to run at them.

To be fair, we need a player that is Gana and Schneiderlin combined. Then you can either have Gana himself to add a destructive force against one type of team and a daintier player to unpick the more stubborn teams.

So yeah, i think i'm in the "CB, LB & CM are equally as important acquisitions this summer" camp, as opposed to the "LB & CB is all we need"

July 23, 2018, 04:07:59 PM
Reply #521

sam of the south

Mirallas and Klaasen have been sold or are playing with the u-23s? I would start Holgate with Mina. Good on the ball. Yet to see him make many mistakes. Faster and more athletic than Keane.

Yes on Mirallas and Klaassen, although admittedly Mirallas has done well, so he might well stay and challenge for a place.

I would like Holgate as well, but if we do get Mina, an experienced Jagielka next to him could be just what he needs to hit the ground running.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 23, 2018, 04:24:08 PM
Reply #522

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keane will be fine this year.
But yeah, any defender is going to struggle when it's open season to run at them.

To be fair, we need a player that is Gana and Schneiderlin combined. Then you can either have Gana himself to add a destructive force against one type of team and a daintier player to unpick the more stubborn teams.

So yeah, i think i'm in the "CB, LB & CM are equally as important acquisitions this summer" camp, as opposed to the "LB & CB is all we need"

Keane getting slaughtered on twitter.

Getting never-going-to-work-out kind of vibes me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 04:26:42 PM
Reply #523

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Because our fan base on twitter are amongst the worst i have seen.

A stable partner next to him, competent full backs and a midfield that at least pretends to protect him and he will work his way back into the England scene.
He'll be as good as Stones & Maguire, i still don't doubt that.

Going back to what Allardyce said today though, maybe it's me that give Evertonians too much credit & that they really are daft enough to want everything on a plate.

July 23, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
Reply #524

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Pickford

Stekelenburg
                    Davies Gana Vlasic
                  Sandro Niasse Lookman

RB Coleman, Kenny

I think he may go with Schneiderlin, although Besic probably has given him a headache with his recent friendly performances - box to box and creating a few decent passes ACTUALLY FORWARD. But I think having the reliability, solidity and energy of Gana as that midfield defensive linchpin is essential given our centre backs pace :) That front 3 should be pretty settled all season, so will hopefully develop an understanding... So, gauging Everton players from most Evertonians perspective this would probably work better. but as I say, I get the feeling he wants to play Schniederlin as a quarterback - he is capable of it, at 100%, but how often have we seen 90%+ in the past couple of seasons?:

Pickford

Jags ---------- Mina
Coleman ------------------------------------ Digne

Gana

Besic ---------- Sig'n

Walcott ------------------------------------ Richarlison
Tosun
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:36:05 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »