October 22, 2020, 01:40:14 AM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 53752 times)

July 23, 2018, 04:32:05 PM
Reply #525

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s not going to work out playing a high line.

Can put the best defence in the world around him, teams will continually exploit him and get goals.

Even without the issue of playing a high line, he’s constantly getting caught the wrong side of players.

Got to be Holgate or even jags alongside a new centre half for me.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 23, 2018, 04:35:27 PM
Reply #526

Lxxx

Because our fan base on twitter are amongst the worst i have seen.

A stable partner next to him, competent full backs and a midfield that at least pretends to protect him and he will work his way back into the England scene.
He'll be as good as Stones & Maguire, i still don't doubt that.

Going back to what Allardyce said today though, maybe it's me that give Evertonians too much credit & that they really are daft enough to want everything on a plate.

I admire your optimism and I hope you're right, but if we're going to move forward with a pressing game which Silva likes then we're going to need defenders who can defend high up the pitch and are competent one on one.
I just don't see it in him. He looked decent as part of a tight defensive unit who never ventured more than 35 yards from their own goal but his acceleration and twisting and turning is really poor for a professional athlete in his mid 20's. He's going to need to be surrounded by some pretty agile and understanding team-mates if we are to hide his flaws.

July 23, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
Reply #527

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Because our fan base on twitter are amongst the worst i have seen.

A stable partner next to him, competent full backs and a midfield that at least pretends to protect him and he will work his way back into the England scene.
He'll be as good as Stones & Maguire, i still don't doubt that.

Going back to what Allardyce said today though, maybe it's me that give Evertonians too much credit & that they really are daft enough to want everything on a plate.

Yeah sometimes you see the shouts on twitter for like challenging the top 4 and you just have to believe some poeples heads are in the clouds.

Re Keane though, I’m not sure at all. Benefited from the Burnley-boost and is plainly struggling. Not writing him off of course but the fact is at the moment Jags is still the main man imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 05:14:31 PM
Reply #528

Thornton_19

Feel this season our back 2/3 will end up being picked from Holgate Jagielka and a new CB.

I also feel with Silva liking Schneiderlin i think Gana may be phased out of the starting 11 with a more complete player taking his position.

July 23, 2018, 10:15:36 PM
Reply #529

blue slug

Daily Star linking pickford to Chelsea

July 23, 2018, 11:03:06 PM
Reply #530

themilkycoffees

Feel this season our back 2/3 will end up being picked from Holgate Jagielka and a new CB.

I also feel with Silva liking Schneiderlin i think Gana may be phased out of the starting 11 with a more complete player taking his position.

If Schneiderlin starts instead of Gueye, we've got big problems.

July 23, 2018, 11:08:40 PM
Reply #531

D15TIN

Daily Star linking pickford to Chelsea
not even remotely concerned about that this summer, next summer if he has a good season for us is more of a worry.

July 23, 2018, 11:14:26 PM
Reply #532

GrantyBoy78

There’ll be massive upheaval in the squad in the next couple of weeks. Silva wants a squad of 25 and even if he only gets 2 or 3 of his targets, I can see about 10 leaving. I don’t expect Silva to bring in the (up to) 6 he wants but we’ll get at least 4. The squad is going to look very different in 3 week’s time.

July 23, 2018, 11:31:26 PM
Reply #533

Lxxx

There’ll be massive upheaval in the squad in the next couple of weeks. Silva wants a squad of 25 and even if he only gets 2 or 3 of his targets, I can see about 10 leaving. I don’t expect Silva to bring in the (up to) 6 he wants but we’ll get at least 4. The squad is going to look very different in 3 week’s time.

I actually think it'll work in our favour. Clubs get desperate the nearer the window closes and as we have rather a large pool of players who are disposable there could potentially be a decent bit of rinsing of cash-rich clubs to come, if we have enough savvy people at the club able to process such a large amount of work in a short period of time.

July 24, 2018, 12:06:38 AM
Reply #534

blue slug

not even remotely concerned about that this summer, next summer if he has a good season for us is more of a worry.

Agree dude, it’s bloody daft how players are sold by papers and media outlets with absolutely nothing backing it up, never used to be like this. I miss the 80s

July 24, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Reply #535

American Evertonian

I don't necessarily agree. They offer different things. I think Gueye is too one dimential
Are we there yet?

July 24, 2018, 12:40:40 AM
Reply #536

D15TIN

I like Gana, but he has his faults, positioning and passing being two of those. Depends how were going to play - I think Silva is a Schneiderlin fan

July 24, 2018, 12:43:04 AM
Reply #537

blue slug

I want us to sign a centre mid who can apply pressure but also take on a man and play defence splitting passes, anyone think of anyone?

July 24, 2018, 12:44:20 AM
Reply #538

Juanito

Seeing Keane attempt to turn on a dustbin for the Porto goal makes me hope our centreback pairing is Holgate and Mina.

July 24, 2018, 01:21:21 AM
Reply #539

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seeing Keane attempt to turn on a dustbin for the Porto goal makes me hope our centreback pairing is Holgate and Mina.

Looks bad doesn’t it that goal, totally left for dust as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.