September 26, 2018, 07:26:55 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 33052 times)

July 28, 2018, 04:58:19 PM
Reply #600

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hey that's a point where is McCarthy? Is he injured again? Haven't seen him pre season
He has a broken leg remember. Rondon took him out in the West Bromwich game.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 28, 2018, 05:00:25 PM
Reply #601

everton1952

I think it was very cruel to list those names like that. It is upsetting to see all the dross we have in one inescapable list. We should organise one of those human sales auctions they had centuries ago and line them all up. By the end of the afternoon about 25 would have been moved on to other employers, not by any means all football clubs.

July 28, 2018, 05:01:01 PM
Reply #602

Jamokachi

Hey that's a point where is McCarthy? Is he injured again? Haven't seen him pre season

He broke his leg.

July 28, 2018, 05:02:09 PM
Reply #603

Sixx1402

He has a broken leg remember. Rondon took him out in the West Bromwich game.

Oh yes completely forgot about that, thank you kindly
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 29, 2018, 05:40:37 AM
Reply #604

toffee_scot

Only we could sign a player who doesnít get on the ball and create stuff. He did okay last season but he was a shocking signing in terms of what we actually needed and in terms of his price

I'm wondering if he will fit into the football system of the current manager, I know this isn't his signing but it would be great if we could get the most out of our £45m player.

July 29, 2018, 02:14:49 PM
Reply #605

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
From the games that Iíve seen this preseason (bury, Porto, Rennes) the biggest fluctuation is the pressing when we donít have the ball and then a subsequent plan of what to do when we get it back.

The best bits in the first two of those games involved us getting into the other team quickly and then moving the ball quickly to wide areas where we made sure we had 2-3 options for the player in possession.

Yesterday was also the most rigid 4-2-3-1 (whether by design or as a result of who was playing im not sure); the other two were more approximate to 4-3-3.

But as vase theories we can either pick a 3 who all will press pretty naturally or we can work on/ hope that the best individuals work at it better.

It looks like silva wants a player of Schneiderlinís profile at the base of the midfield, as vs Porto he was well used in getting the ball from one side of the pitch to the other. But he also pressed much more regularly in that game too.

This meant that Davies and Dowell spent much more time further forward and were subsequently more involved.

Yesterday was back to last seasonís performances with not much energy either with or without possession, and it showed.

So I can see the idea of Besic here but all the concerns of positional discipline remain, especially if heís there on his own.

I donít know wether yesterday was made worse in that Gueye and Sigurdsson havenít had much preseason yet but finding the balance in midfield is going to be vital.

In addition this also impacts on the defence.

Goal aside, we generally defended pretty well vs Porto as, because we were on the front foot it made their attackers go deeper meaning that if we lost the ball they werenít in positions higher up the pitch to immediately be up against an exposed defence, or the player in the ball didnít have the time to look up properly.

This of course will take some time as a new manager finds out exactly what each player can/ canít and will/ wonít do.

July 29, 2018, 03:14:58 PM
Reply #606

KoemansNumberTens

Iíd be open to offers for the lot of them. sigurdsson 30m. Keane 15m. Morgan 20m. Gueye 25m

We should be determined to keep very few of them. A lot arenít very good but even beyond that they just donít fit together as a team. We need to start again.

July 29, 2018, 03:20:00 PM
Reply #607

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd be open to offers for the lot of them. sigurdsson 30m. Keane 15m. Morgan 20m. Gueye 25m

We should be determined to keep very few of them. A lot arenít very good but even beyond that they just donít fit together as a team. We need to start again.

Iíd be open to offers too but youíd be lucky to get those prices, esp Morgan and Gueye.

July 29, 2018, 03:20:10 PM
Reply #608

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Standard Everton gear this, least fit, least organised squad going into a new season, rotten pre season results. It is just pre season though I suppose and we can't judge until new signings are sorted and settled and some competitive action has actually taken place but it feels as though at best it's gonna be a transitional season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 29, 2018, 03:21:16 PM
Reply #609

Waltzer

TBH I think id be open to offers for everyone except Coleman, Pickford, Richarlison and maybe Walcott and Lookman, although the latter isnt based on much evidence yet, but if his apparent attitude is to be believed then he can go too.

July 29, 2018, 03:21:21 PM
Reply #610

KoemansNumberTens

Iíd be open to offers too but youíd be lucky to get those prices, esp Morgan and Gueye.

I would think gueye would be the easiest to sell. Probably the best player on the list and probably on the smallest contract

July 29, 2018, 03:26:20 PM
Reply #611

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I would think gueye would be the easiest to sell. Probably the best player on the list and probably on the smallest contract

29 year old who has done fuck all to impress anyone in pre season nor last season., doubt anyone would pay 25 million.

July 29, 2018, 03:27:30 PM
Reply #612

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
TBH I think id be open to offers for everyone except Coleman, Pickford, Richarlison and maybe Walcott and Lookman, although the latter isnt based on much evidence yet, but if his apparent attitude is to be believed then he can go too.

Wouldnít write Tosun off just yet, give the lad a chance.

July 29, 2018, 03:30:15 PM
Reply #613

Waltzer

Wouldnít write Tosun off just yet, give the lad a chance.

Willing to give him a chance, but haven't seen enough to give me confidence hes the answer to our goal scoring issues. Hes definitely the best out of DCL, Niasse and himself, but thats not a great endorsement

July 29, 2018, 03:31:18 PM
Reply #614

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Willing to give him a chance, but haven't seen enough to give me confidence hes the answer to our goal scoring issues. Hes definitely the best out of DCL, Niasse and himself, but thats not a great endorsement

Letís see if he can strike up a partnership with Rich.