DCL (Sub)
0 (0%)
Holgate (Sub)
0 (0%)
Klaassen (sub)
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: March 14, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Brighton  (Read 14057 times)

March 06, 2018, 02:43:28 AM
Read 14057 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think it will be quite brutal the atmosphere. If we concede i expect someone trying to fight Sam on the sidelines.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 07, 2018, 05:38:50 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iiiiiiii actually think Funes Mori and Keane will work. Heís left sided, he can cover for Keaneís lack of athleticism, he is happy to take the ball to feet and move up the pitch, even if sometimes he is forced to turn around - in a lot of ways heíll be like Mangala (who I also think would have worked) so personally Iím thinking why not.

Baines back? Imo no, hasnít had any minutes for thre u23s so I think heís probably still very fragile and we think he probably could play but heís be out for a month afterwards.

Midfield - I think will be Gana, Davies, Rooney, although I wouldnít be surprised to see Morgan get a start, potentially even ahead of Rooney after his showing the other week. Would rather Rooney and fingers crossed he can turn his form around, to do that he needs minutes.

Donít think DCL will be on the left, think it will be Sig one side Walcott other and I think Tosun will start and score.

3-2 Everton.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 07, 2018, 11:47:03 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bet he gets a game but it’s at fucking left back and he stinks the place up, or as part of a 5 and he stinks the place up.

I want Keane - Mori and the player i’d drop from that isn’t Mori.

March 10, 2018, 02:09:34 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Going to this one, stub-hubbed it for £15, which says something about how things are going for us at the moment

I'm strangely looking forward to it, though I am prepared for a potential horror show

The return of Baines would be a boost, another start for Tosun to give him a chance to settle into the side would also be a positive. I'm happy to get the points on the board first and foremost to guarantee our safety before the inevitable binning off for Allardyce and hopefully a more exciting appointment

My biggest hope is that Tosun gets a few chances at goal.

I mean, just put a few on his head boys, or make him a yard and let him have a dig. Fellas been with us a month and a half and I honestly couldnít tell you anything about him at all.

His stats from turkey say he takes lots of shots, sound letís let him have a go.

When I was a kid getting a new striker was the most exciting thing about football. I remember being fucking PSYCHED about James Beattie.

weíve paid nearly £30 million beans for this guy, letís get some excitement going.

March 10, 2018, 11:17:33 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just flying through this thread liking stuff left right and centre

Up the milky coffees

March 10, 2018, 11:23:32 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fantastic Bolasie performance.

Their right back was absolutely terrified.

March 10, 2018, 11:58:53 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie was great second half but that's his first assist for us.

He showed how good he can be when he thinks about what he's doing rather than rolling his foot over the ball all the time.

Still yet to be convinced.

First assist this season yeah

March 11, 2018, 02:10:09 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Gylfi was vital

Bolasie had the RB on the ropes

Walcott did very well

Davies not sure why people fumed, nothing wrong with comfortable, passive possession. Great little player.

Jags was great, rolled back the years a few times covering for poor Keane who even in a 2-0 home stroll manages to look at sea more than once.

Rooney some very good forward passes.

Baines as above, makes such a big difference having his passing in the side.

Tosun is a bagger.

March 11, 2018, 02:19:38 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie did have a decent spell in the second half, but most of the time he was way off the pace, long balls going to no one, long range shots andclose range shots going well wide.

i do want him to improve, and i dont think he is shit. i just feel we have better players who dont even get a look in.

We donít have anyone of that profile, closest is Walcott and heís on the other wing.

I would be absolutely overjoyed if he could put in that level of performance more often than not over he course of a year.

No, he does not have the technique to hit that volley on the drop in the first half, and yes, you are going to get some erratic stuff week in week out, and yes if we can replace with someone better or more consistent goal threat (Lookman or Henry stepping up...) we absolutely should, but heís not a bad squad player, especially at home against a shite fullback.

March 11, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's more a matter of what you want to see from a player. If you want to see end product, Bolasie is probably not your man, several times he found himself in good positions, only to do something monumentally stupid.

On the other hand though, he did find himself in good positions, which no-one else on his side could do as regularly as he does.

So it's really a matter of whether you chastise him for the former or praise him for the latter.

Until we are able to upgrade he should be used as he was today. Isolate a suspect fullback and let him beat him 1v1 again and again and again.

March 11, 2018, 07:16:14 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking speed of that cunt is immense

Heís older than my da and heís still burning strikers off for 90 mins

March 12, 2018, 03:16:20 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But that’s more likely to be because there were players on his wavelength, like for Tosun’s goal. Feels like years since he’s been able to bounce a pass off someone in that sort of area. 

That goal was superb (although possibly an oggy) and like a vision of the Baines of seasons past. Just the ability to play a different range of angles and lengths of pass to feet or to space, makes such a different especially in our side that frankly doesn’t have a great deal of ballers.

Also Tosun really promising with that bit of hold up/wall pass, absolutely loved his celebration as well, looked so happy and the squad looked like it had great togetherness.

Might watch that again now actually.