September 24, 2018, 12:45:57 AM

Author Topic: Kenwright to step down this month  (Read 5590 times)

March 06, 2018, 06:52:29 PM
Reply #15

Rodenplav64

Be careful what you wish for .

March 06, 2018, 06:55:18 PM
Reply #16

SANA_DR0

I have supported Bill in general ,mainly because he allegedly put his house on the line in buying the club ,a big undertaking .Having said that there is a time for everything and everyone ask Wenger !It gave me a thought reading this and the few comments ,after the way we have been in the last two years would we really like to have the man -who many on here think is already involved - putting even more into the club with the same gay abandon shown by Moshiri ? We could be even more of a laughing stock .This debacle has made me so wary ,they say money cannot bring you happiness .

lol the first line gave me giggles.. you supported him cos he ALLEGEDLY put his house on the line when he bought Everton.

some good history here,

https://toffeeweb.com/club/business/chairmen/kenwright.php

i respected him for making us stable. but he is dodgy as fuck, he should have left a long time ago.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 06, 2018, 07:35:20 PM
Reply #17

Waltzer

Neither of those things about the stadium are anywhere near true.

We are neither "borrowing" from the council, nor do we have "our bit" to find?
Have you woke up in 2002 and think we're talking about the Kings Dock?

This is taken from the echo:

'There is a blinkered perception amongst some that Liverpool City Council is paying for Everton’s proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.
They’re not.
They’re borrowing money from a Central Government pot, which Everton will pay £6m-£7m interest on every year for 25 years, interest which goes back to the council.'
Mr Moshiri and Everton will be responsible for finding the rest of the money for the stadium which could cost up to £500m.

I didnt make it up im only reading what has already been said, from my understanding it reads that we are borrowing money from the Council or they're borrowing from a Central Government Pot' and were utilising that (280 million to be precise), either way without them as guarantor we dont get the funds.

March 06, 2018, 07:42:00 PM
Reply #18

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You're jumping to massive conclusions there.

The phrase "without them as a guarantor we don't get the funds" is based on zero evidence. This is the best financial vehicle available to us. That is not the same as this being the only financial vehicle available to us.

The central pot the council draws from is interest free and they charge us £6/7m a year for them facilitating it.

So. We are not borrowing from the council. They have facilitated a central government loan.
Nowhere has it ever been suggested that we are struggling to find the additional funds needed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:55:25 PM by Mick 1995 »

March 06, 2018, 08:13:07 PM
Reply #19

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2018, 08:26:24 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

You're jumping to massive conclusions there.

The phrase "without them as a guarantor we don't get the funds" is based on zero evidence. This is the best financial vehicle available to us. That is not the same as this being the only financial vehicle available to us.

The central pot the council draws from is interest free and they charge us £6/7m a year for them facilitating it.

So. We are not borrowing from the council. They have facilitated a central government loan.
Nowhere has it ever been suggested that we are struggling to find the additional funds needed.

Its semantics though, we are borrowing money to help fund the stadium, we are paying interest back on this loan. The point I was making is if Usmanov is behind all this why would we need to borrow any money from anyone, he could easily afford to pay for it outright, or set up a loan himself, similar to what Moshiri has done where we pay him back over x amount of years. And surely paying back a 0% loan over 25 years is better than paying back circa 130 million to the council over the same period?

And I did jump to conclusions about us struggling to afford it but Elstone did say:

Robert Elstone, the club’s chief executive, confirmed the funding target “has escalated significantly and has occupied much of our efforts of the past 12 months. The premium for the waterfront site, an ambitious capacity that we will test with more rigour, a design we can all be proud of and the simple but painful impact of inflation, have all contributed to an increased overall cost and a funding target which continues to grow.”

Why would it have occupied their minds for the last 12 months if we had one of the richest blokes on planet earth pulling the strings? It wouldn't, we'd just get it done, but thats my opinion anyway.

March 06, 2018, 08:30:03 PM
Reply #21

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Well, for s start, i don't buy into Usmanov having anything to do with the club.

Secondly, even the richest people on the earth tend not to just have half a billion dollars on the hip, just sloshing around a current account.
It's all assets and leveraging.

Every last penny used to make this stadium will be through finance and not just some blokes piggy bank. The same as all stadiums built in this country as far as i'm aware.
The finance model we have chosen is the one with the least amount of interest.

Damn right the escalating costs of the most expensive thing this club has ever bought (or will ever buy) should be occupying our CEO's mind 24/7.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:47:20 PM by Mick 1995 »

March 06, 2018, 08:53:11 PM
Reply #22

Rodenplav64

March 06, 2018, 09:50:55 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Its semantics though, we are borrowing money to help fund the stadium, we are paying interest back on this loan. The point I was making is if Usmanov is behind all this why would we need to borrow any money from anyone, he could easily afford to pay for it outright, or set up a loan himself, similar to what Moshiri has done where we pay him back over x amount of years. And surely paying back a 0% loan over 25 years is better than paying back circa 130 million to the council over the same period?

And I did jump to conclusions about us struggling to afford it but Elstone did say:

Robert Elstone, the club’s chief executive, confirmed the funding target “has escalated significantly and has occupied much of our efforts of the past 12 months. The premium for the waterfront site, an ambitious capacity that we will test with more rigour, a design we can all be proud of and the simple but painful impact of inflation, have all contributed to an increased overall cost and a funding target which continues to grow.”

Why would it have occupied their minds for the last 12 months if we had one of the richest blokes on planet earth pulling the strings? It wouldn't, we'd just get it done, but thats my opinion anyway.

Forget about Usmanov, even if the wealthiest man in the world were behind this stadium he wouldn’t pay cash as you suggest Usmanov were able to do, name who you like, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Amancio Ortega etc. They would raise the finance then let the company pay the interest.

March 06, 2018, 10:14:21 PM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Forget about Usmanov, even if the wealthiest man in the world were behind this stadium he wouldn’t pay cash as you suggest Usmanov were able to do, name who you like, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Amancio Ortega etc. They would raise the finance then let the company pay the interest.
........................yes that's how it works. Rich people and companies don't use their cash reserves. Always use someone else's money is the rule .
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 06, 2018, 11:36:05 PM
Reply #25

74Blue

In the unlikely event that a multi-billionaire like Usmanov decided to provide Everton with the funding to build a shiny new stadium, do you really believe that it would be interest free?
Whilst Usmanov may well be seriously wedged to the hilt, it wouldn't just be a case of him wandering into his local high street branch and withdrawing half a billion quid. Chances are, despite his enormous wealth, he hasn't actually got half a billion quid sat in the bank. His money will be either largely tied up in assets, or invested and earning a very healthy profit. Why would he just loan it to Everton interest free, whilst it is earning him a healthy profit invested?

March 07, 2018, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #26

SANA_DR0

the last page of this thread reminds me why i hate capitalism so much.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 07, 2018, 12:07:47 AM
Reply #27

eyesalwaysblue

Me perfect mix would be Kenwright with the Russians money
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 07, 2018, 12:11:41 AM
Reply #28

Shogun

Administrator
Be careful what you wish for .

This.

Imagine we go 20 years without a trophy or something.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 07, 2018, 12:11:56 AM
Reply #29

sam of the south

Me perfect mix would be Kenwright with the Russians money

Nah, he’d just plough it into an awful musical ;)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them