July 18, 2018, 10:23:34 AM

Author Topic: Kenwright to step down this month  (Read 5193 times)

March 06, 2018, 10:06:53 AM
Read 5193 times

blue1948

I have supported Bill in general ,mainly because he allegedly put his house on the line in buying the club ,a big undertaking .Having said that there is a time for everything and everyone ask Wenger !It gave me a thought reading this and the few comments ,after the way we have been in the last two years would we really like to have the man -who many on here think is already involved - putting even more into the club with the same gay abandon shown by Moshiri ? We could be even more of a laughing stock .This debacle has made me so wary ,they say money cannot bring you happiness .

March 07, 2018, 01:35:58 AM
Reply #1

blue1948

In the unlikely event that a multi-billionaire like Usmanov decided to provide Everton with the funding to build a shiny new stadium, do you really believe that it would be interest free?
Whilst Usmanov may well be seriously wedged to the hilt, it wouldn't just be a case of him wandering into his local high street branch and withdrawing half a billion quid. Chances are, despite his enormous wealth, he hasn't actually got half a billion quid sat in the bank. His money will be either largely tied up in assets, or invested and earning a very healthy profit. Why would he just loan it to Everton interest free, whilst it is earning him a healthy profit invested?
Didn't Chelsea get there money interest free and then he just wrote it off as a bad debt!