June 21, 2018, 01:37:47 PM

Author Topic: The worst match you have ever watched.  (Read 699 times)

March 14, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Read 699 times

Bally

Administrator
What is the worst game you have ever watched, not just the results the actual quality of the game.
I've seen a few Everton ones mainly Everton V Derby County 1995 is massive in my mind.
Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest 1977 I was so young but was that bored I fell asleep and woke up to a cheer, which was for the final whistle.

The worst was probably Bradford Vs I think it was Coventry not fully sure I got absolutely arse hole drunk right after but it was fucking absolute shite
It's the roll I way

March 14, 2018, 03:16:32 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

Leeds v Everton at Ellen road about 1994. Cold, wet horrible fuckin night. Leeds won 1-0 with a goal from Yobo with about 5 mins to go. I was never as glad to see a game end in my entire life.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 14, 2018, 03:19:02 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Too many to call out really
There was a spell, early 90s where every home game seemed horrific.

I have this memory and not even sure if it happened or not but its Southall about to throw a ball out but he throws it straight to a soton lad, five yards out, open goal.

My god they were grim times
Simply simply lovely

March 14, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
Reply #3

Cereal Killer

Went with a mate to MK Dons v Scunthorpe, sometime towards end of 2011, I don't think anything happened at all the whole game, it was terrible and made me wonder how I didn't make it to a League One standard if that's all they could manage

Safely say the only MK Dons game I've ever been to, nice stadium mind

March 14, 2018, 03:36:29 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Last night's definitely up there, awful game of football all the more disappointing that Aberdeen under McInnes and Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke usually play some decent football. Extra time was just twisting the knife and the Kilmarnock losing on penalties. That's the first time I've been to a penalty shoot out.

One of the worst Everton games I've been to was Bolton away, 2008 I think it was when Fellaini scored late on, literally the Bolton equivalent of a "a wet Tuesday night in Stoke".

March 14, 2018, 03:42:05 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

The 5-1 loss against Norwich at Goodison, Efan Ekoku scored 4. In fact most home games that season were truly awful to watch

March 14, 2018, 04:09:51 PM
Reply #6

Alanvideo

In recent times it would have to be the 6th round cup v.Wigan , the only time I can recall leaving Goodison early.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 14, 2018, 04:33:42 PM
Reply #7

TheTone

most of the Everton games this season for starters

March 14, 2018, 05:28:28 PM
Reply #8

boothill

A night game down at the dell, cant remember if we won 2 0 or drew 2 all, what i do remember is the freezing rain, jesus it was blasting in off the solent all night. Was that wet my keks kept falling down. People sitting in their undies on the coach on the way home after ringing their clobber out, and then a 6 hour journey home full of farts and snoring. God i miss them away nights 

March 14, 2018, 05:43:35 PM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

Liverpool v someone. 10 years old. Went with my mates in the pouring rain. On the kop. Never saw a thing from start to finish except floodlit rain & angry dark clouds. Got held up for our chippy & bus money on the way out. And the fuckers won.

March 14, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
Reply #10

Bluenose 91

In terms of pure boredom probably when Stoke beat us 1-0 at home in 2011 maybe?

Vellios started up front for us and Huth scored a deflected winner for them.

I think the angriest I've felt coming out of a match was the 3-2 against West Ham in Martinez' last season.

March 15, 2018, 01:32:36 AM
Reply #11

Hannibal Lecter

A game between J-södra and Landskrona in swedish second division. Was raining so heavily that you coldn't see from one long side to the other. Game abandoned? Of course not.

Was wet through my rain clothings when I got back home. Stayed the whole game though.

Did I mention we lost 0-7?
Jönköpings Södra IF

March 15, 2018, 04:32:52 AM
Reply #12

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Everton v Coventry - April 1994. My first trip to Goodison. Came up for the weekend, had a private tour of Goodison beforehand. Bought a white and navy pinstripe 3rd shirt with Limpar on the back and then watched a game where neither side had a shot on target
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 15, 2018, 05:37:26 AM
Reply #13

Ramjam

Everton v Coventry - April 1994. My first trip to Goodison. Came up for the weekend, had a private tour of Goodison beforehand. Bought a white and navy pinstripe 3rd shirt with Limpar on the back and then watched a game where neither side had a shot on target
Are you sure that wasn't a couple of weeks ago?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 15, 2018, 07:01:33 AM
Reply #14

bluestevie

Two games that I went to as a freebie stand out, one was Macclesfield v Shrewsbury which I think was the same season the Shrews beat us in the cup and finished bottom of the Football League, awful game. The other was a pre season game between Cheddar FC and Yeovil, the summer Yeovil were promoted as Conference champions and they brought the trophy with them, game was that dull me and my cousin spent more time drinking in Cheddar's club house than watching the game. I only went to them as my uncle ran the line at Macc and reffed the Yeovil game, back when he was an active official (he retired a couple of seasons later due to injuries, was an assessor for the FA for a few years and now runs his own kit supplier business and is CEO of the Refsupport charity)
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson