July 21, 2018, 03:10:16 PM

Author Topic: Sam Allardyce eyes Manchester Unitedís Phil Jones for Everton  (Read 3032 times)

March 17, 2018, 12:06:52 AM
Reply #45

sam of the south

Where you are in the league based on the club's projected goals.

Sounds like working in telesales
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 17, 2018, 12:19:50 AM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would take Smalling and Jones in a heartbeat.  Williams and Jagielka are finished.  It is funny how many of our fans are delusional with prospective signings.  Both of them have turned out for Man United multiple times, so i think it is fair to say they could do a job at a mid table club, as we truly are right now.

One of them innit. They would deffo improve us and if it was forced on me Iíd take em, but I thought nothing was going to be the same? Canít catch the clubs above you if you keep signing the players they progress on from.

We need to challenge them to signings in the younger age bracket, or something. I dunno.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 17, 2018, 12:22:57 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
Sooner we get a real manager who can see Holgate's talent the better.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 17, 2018, 12:27:54 AM
Reply #48

Ross

One of them innit. They would deffo improve us and if it was forced on me Iíd take em, but I thought nothing was going to be the same? Canít catch the clubs above you if you keep signing the players they progress on from.

We need to challenge them to signings in the younger age bracket, or something. I dunno.

Exactly. Gorging on the scraps that fall from the top table will never get you an invite to the main feast. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 17, 2018, 05:01:13 PM
Reply #49

Martip

Surprised so many of you are turning your noses up at Jones, better than what we have.

Anyway no need to worry, allardyce is gone in the summer.
If signed would be our best centre half by a mile imo.....when fit.

March 18, 2018, 08:55:18 PM
Reply #50

Stumpy

Would take Smalling and Jones in a heartbeat.  Williams and Jagielka are finished.  It is funny how many of our fans are delusional with prospective signings.  Both of them have turned out for Man United multiple times, so i think it is fair to say they could do a job at a mid table club, as we truly are right now.

Both of these players are on the way down,having not got anywhere near where they were suposed to reach.Talk to man u fans who watch  them week in week out about how good they are.Not a week goes by when a good mate of mine and my boss slag them off.Also I don't think it's delusional to want better than man utd cast offs.

March 20, 2018, 12:22:32 AM
Reply #51

BlueForYou

Centre backs?

Mustafi and Lascelles - both affordable with Lascelles, a born leader

Jones = prone x 2: prone to injuries and prone to mistakes
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:24:16 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 20, 2018, 12:34:07 AM
Reply #52

D15TIN

Centre backs?

Mustafi and Lascelles - both affordable with Lascelles, a born leader

Jones = prone x 2: prone to injuries and prone to mistakes
You watched Mustafi this season? Terrible.

March 20, 2018, 12:36:53 AM
Reply #53

D15TIN

Exactly. Gorging on the scraps that fall from the top table will never get you an invite to the main feast. 
Walcott not been a good signing? Gareth Barry? etc, weve got a bit of money now but were not good enough to attract the top top players - I'd like Wilshere & Luke Shaw this summer, and for me Jones or Smalling (preferably smalling) would be good signings, and would improve us. You know they can be relied upon, I bet there is arsenal fans now wishing they'd kept Walcott, ive seen absolutely nothing from him to support the shit he was getting from their fans, think hes quality.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:38:05 AM by D15TIN »

March 20, 2018, 12:54:20 AM
Reply #54

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott not been a good signing? Gareth Barry? etc, weve got a bit of money now but were not good enough to attract the top top players - I'd like Wilshere & Luke Shaw this summer, and for me Jones or Smalling (preferably smalling) would be good signings, and would improve us. You know they can be relied upon, I bet there is arsenal fans now wishing they'd kept Walcott, ive seen absolutely nothing from him to support the shit he was getting from their fans, think hes quality.

If our aim is to get top 4, surely we should look to the examples of the last two teams who broke into it? Liverpool and Tottenham. Was their transfer policy similar to the one you're suggesting above?

There is no argument there are players underutilized in the current top 6 who improve us, but we have to be selective and they need to make us significantly better in the areas in question.

However, the biggest difference with those teams and the first step for us is getting the appointment right at the managerial level. That is when those teams fortunes significantly changed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:56:23 AM by blueToffee »

March 20, 2018, 12:56:07 AM
Reply #55

Ross

Nobodyís expecting us to sign the creme de menthe here itís clear we canít compete with the big boys. But itís equally as clear youíre not going to compete with the top teams by buying up the aging surplus stock who are past their best.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 20, 2018, 01:00:00 AM
Reply #56

D15TIN

Nobody’s expecting us to sign the creme de menthe here it’s clear we can’t compete with the big boys. But it’s equally as clear you’re not going to compete with the top teams by buying up the aging surplus stock who are past their best.

I wouldn't say any of the 4 ive mentioned are old or past their best like, I also wouldn't trust Mourinho's judgement on a lot of players, he let De Bruyne, Salah and lukaku go, he'll probably let Mata go too

March 20, 2018, 01:03:07 AM
Reply #57

Ross

I wouldn't say any of the 4 ive mentioned are old or past their best like, I also wouldn't trust Mourinho's judgement on a lot of players, he let De Bruyne, Salah and lukaku go, he'll probably let Mata go too

At least 3 of them are very injury prone and have trouble getting out onto the pitch regardless of whether you rate them or not. What use would they really be?

March 20, 2018, 01:09:05 AM
Reply #58

D15TIN

At least 3 of them are very injury prone and have trouble getting out onto the pitch regardless of whether you rate them or not. What use would they really be?
That's a fair point, we'd have to know if they where fit enough

March 20, 2018, 02:40:54 AM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
Injury prone
Shit on the ball
Weird face

Itís a no from me.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth