October 17, 2018, 08:07:53 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 62456 times)

March 31, 2018, 02:19:24 PM
Reply #225

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Players are sheep. They'd praise Jimmy Saville, if he was picking them in the team and they picked up a couple of wins. I really wouldn't read too much into it.

That sounds like a feasible explanation.

March 31, 2018, 06:31:09 PM
Reply #226

Jamokachi

My question was whether they are under any pressure to praise the new management team and “the boss” as Jagielka, Calvert Lewis, Baines and one or two others have ?

They're towing the line. The same shite articles would be on the site regardless of manager.

March 31, 2018, 06:31:42 PM
Reply #227

Simon Paul

Administrator
There have been quite a few articles on the OS recently with players praising him, do you think they feel under some sort of pressure from the club to do so ?
"the most toxic atmosphere I've ever know at Everton" from someone with a connection to the club that stretches longer than a lot on here have been alive.

Players will say what you want them to. Or do we really believe Tim Cahill thought a move to Kirkby would be great for the club?

March 31, 2018, 06:58:00 PM
Reply #228

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Players are sheep. They'd praise Jimmy Saville, if he was picking them in the team and they picked up a couple of wins. I really wouldn't read too much into it.

Unless of course it means the message is coming from mosh down to back him in anticipation of his new 6 year contract and park end statue.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 31, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #229

Ramjam

Unless of course it means the message is coming from mosh down to back him in anticipation of his new 6 year contract and park end statue.
It’s a bit early to be cracking jokes
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 31, 2018, 07:43:41 PM
Reply #230

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Results might be OK but this is some if the worst football since I have watched us. He won't be allowed to stay around because that doesn't make us attractive to television and that's by far the major concern to someone like Moshiri

April 01, 2018, 01:29:53 AM
Reply #231

bacon sarnie

April 01, 2018, 02:10:14 AM
Reply #232

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If you strip out the individual assessment of him; it’s patently clear he’s not compatible with the overall fan base and the image that we want to project and aspire to.

We’ve got to get someone who is progressive.

Beyond just us, the price of football these days is going to mean that more and more people demand more than just a results first philosophy.

You’ve got to provide entertainment too.

April 01, 2018, 02:13:26 AM
Reply #233

gizzblue

We look further from a team than when he first took over .... still can't spot the shittest players (Williams back for the darby will atest) of our squad.

Needs fucking off now ...the longer his cancer spreads the bigger job the new man will have .

April 01, 2018, 02:24:57 AM
Reply #234

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

April 01, 2018, 02:25:59 AM
Reply #235

Toffee1

We look further from a team than when he first took over .... still can't spot the shittest players (Williams back for the darby will atest) of our squad.

Needs fucking off now ...the longer his cancer spreads the bigger job the new man will have .

With the World Cup and the impact that has on the post season, the planning for next season needs to start now and not with him and Walsh anywhere near it.

April 01, 2018, 02:28:43 AM
Reply #236

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
One thing losing against someone like City - another thing looking like you’re playing a different sport.

We lost 2-5 to Arsenal but it was only 1-2 when we lost a player.

At no point, even before the game, did it ever feel like anything other than we were going to lose badly.

That’s part of the issue. We need to feel like we’ve got a chance.

Bar fluke, can anyone see anything that suggests we’re not going to lose (badly) next week?

April 01, 2018, 02:38:12 AM
Reply #237

Bluedylan

One thing losing against someone like City - another thing looking like you’re playing a different sport.

We lost 2-5 to Arsenal but it was only 1-2 when we lost a player.

At no point, even before the game, did it ever feel like anything other than we were going to lose badly.

That’s part of the issue. We need to feel like we’ve got a chance.

Bar fluke, can anyone see anything that suggests we’re not going to lose (badly) next week?

Of course not. And they will be motivated to embarrass us, unlike City.

This marriage of convenience was ill-advised and ill-conceived from the beginning.

Bar a few people with serious self esteem issues who seemed to revel in the grimness that Allardyce brought, Evertonians were never going to accept this regressive, deeply uninspiring man at the helm.

It was, and still is, an awful decision and 'process' carried out by Moshiri. Doomed before it was even conceived.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 01, 2018, 02:39:36 AM
Reply #238

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The decision to drop Davies and play Calvert-Lewin, leaving a midfield two of Rooney and Morgan S against Man City has to be the worst managerial decision I've ever seen.

It was clear his game plan was to punt it long at every opportunity and pressure them in the final 3rd.

Soon as they broke that press (a press which was pretty much non existent) they just completely bypassed the midfield.

Within three minutes of the game the players didn't know what positions they were supposed to be taking up.

For a manager who's supposed to be studious in how he approaches the opposition that's really worrying.

Also, isn't he supposed to make teams hard to beat? I don't think Spurs, United, Arsenal and now City have had easier games this season.

April 01, 2018, 03:25:59 AM
Reply #239

bacon sarnie

His comments before the match were more irritable than Moyes and his knife gunfight shite. Wanted to drag him out the telly screen and punch his fat gob in the ignorant twat.

I'm done. Hope he is too.