August 15, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

Author Topic: Jack Wilshere  (Read 14473 times)

March 17, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's about the offer on the table from Arsenal plus performances bonuses. He'd only come here for the extra money. We'd end up paying him well over 100k, it's our MO.

In that case, no. On a freebie doesn't mean at any cost in other aspects. There are limits. I thought he was on about 80k with Arsenal. Wouldn't have a problem matching that. Not much more though.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

March 17, 2018, 02:08:21 AM
Reply #31

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If, as likely, his injuries continue like they’ve done all his career. Who’d buy him? Let alone match the wages he’d mug us for?

Look at Sturridge across the park. Talented player, who scorers goals when he’s fit, but he’s never fit and they’re lumbered with him on massive wages for nothing and no chance of selling him before his contract expires.

We’ve wasted enough money these last 2 years on awful buys on massive wages we need to stop it before it drags us down like it’s done to many other clubs before us.

We should just buy Sturridge too, I think we're just trying to recreate the England team.

March 17, 2018, 02:10:27 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
In that case, no. On a freebie doesn't mean at any cost in other aspects. There are limits. I thought he was on about 80k with Arsenal. Wouldn't have a problem matching that. Not much more though.

I believe he's on more than that, they want him to take a pay cut and go down to about 80 and take performance bonuses on top. That's why he's not signed with them to date, he wants more.

March 17, 2018, 02:12:19 AM
Reply #33

Ross

We should just buy Sturridge too, I think we're just trying to recreate the England team.

The one that got beat by Iceland.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 17, 2018, 02:13:17 AM
Reply #34

Juanito

Does this mean that Morishi still believes in Walsh?

March 17, 2018, 02:15:02 AM
Reply #35

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Does this mean that Morishi still believes in Walsh?

Probably the most concerning thing about these transfer rumours. The rumours we should be hearing are for a new DOF and manager.

March 17, 2018, 02:17:59 AM
Reply #36

eyesalwaysblue

The club where elephants come to die.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 17, 2018, 02:37:53 AM
Reply #37

Alanvideo

Good footballer on his day but not often enough. Looks like a twat. Swerve.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 17, 2018, 02:59:56 AM
Reply #38

Thornton_19

We don't need more injury prone cast offs from teams not good enough for the top 4. It won't improve us.

March 17, 2018, 03:08:07 AM
Reply #39

sam of the south

Probably the most concerning thing about these transfer rumours. The rumours we should be hearing are for a new DOF and manager.

There are a few of those rumours too to be fair
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 17, 2018, 03:44:44 AM
Reply #40

Macca77

Hes shite, seriously

March 17, 2018, 04:59:10 AM
Reply #41

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The number of people on here who are going to misspell his surname will send my blood pressure right up.

Swerve.

March 17, 2018, 05:34:20 AM
Reply #42

Bally

Administrator
The number of people on here who are going to misspell his surname will send my blood pressure right up.

Swerve.
I think it is really easy to spell Jamiraqui Wankpuffin
It's the roll I way

March 17, 2018, 05:38:23 AM
Reply #43

Makis

Bournemouth conceded two goals a game when he started last season and he managed zero goals and two assists (I think they were both in the 6-3 against us) personally all season. As soon as he was dropped for the last five matches, they went unbeaten and took 11 points from those matches to stay up.

This season he's made 11 league starts for Arsenal and they've won 3. 1 goal and 2 assists all season.

So in two seasons he has managed one goal and four assists, he offers no cover defensively and despite looking flashy on the ball, doesn't produce anything going forward.
You could have described Cleverley before we signed him.

March 17, 2018, 06:17:50 AM
Reply #44

Major Clanger

Starting to gather some serious pace this.

Thoughts then?

I think this will be a great signing personally.

Our beak bill would go through the roof.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel