August 15, 2018, 11:34:36 PM

Author Topic: The Black Watch Fanzine  (Read 2825 times)

March 29, 2018, 04:04:38 PM
Read 2825 times

TheBlackWatchFanzine

Hi all,

With thanks to Bally and Si for letting me post this...

The Black Watch, a new Everton fanzine launched last summer, is releasing its first t-shirt. A tribute to the 1995 FA Cup Semi-Final. T-shirts are 15, 100% cotton Gildan shirts, and once costs are covered 50% of profits will be donated to homelessness charities in Liverpool. We will publicise the exact donation once the majority of shirts have been sold or towards the end of the season. The mock-up of the shirt is below - the final shirt may be a slightly darker grey. Sizes ranging from S - XXL.

You can order your t-shirt here: http://theblackwatchfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/elland-road-tee. T-shirts will be posted first class next Wednesday, so anyone who orders now will have it in time for the derby. There's still plenty left but only a limited number have been ordered - we've sold 20% of them by pre-order, so if you want one please order in good time. Oh, and we've got a new issue out now, Issue 7, details on the website, but i'll stop the advertising now! Thanks again to Bally and Si for their support.

Cheers

March 29, 2018, 08:21:44 PM
Reply #1

Bally

Administrator
Is right Tom
I think the covers you have had on the Magazine have been class
It's the roll I way

March 29, 2018, 08:27:38 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes covers have been superb, really enjoyed black watch and would be interested in other covers as ts deffo.

Been meaning to get a subscription for my brother since crimbo - hows it looking, will the mag survive into next season?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2018, 11:03:22 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That's a superb t shirt

March 30, 2018, 09:23:09 PM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
Tom should defo write for NSNO like

March 30, 2018, 10:37:53 PM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
Tom should defo write for NSNO like
I'll drop a word
It's the roll I way

March 31, 2018, 04:57:51 AM
Reply #6

boothill

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the black watch stand for ? i only know the regiment and that has ties to scotland

March 31, 2018, 05:02:25 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Pardon my ignorance, but what does the black watch stand for ? i only know the regiment and that has ties to scotland

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/history/timeline-detailed-content/the-everton-story/1878---1930

Everton wanted a unified kit and so, to avoid purchasing a brand new one, they dyed all the various shirts of their players black! A two-inch wide scarlet sash was added and Everton rejoiced in the nickname, The Black Watch - after the famous military regiment.

March 31, 2018, 05:35:16 AM
Reply #8

boothill

cheers gash, very interesting, did we have a large scottish presence in the team or other staff ? Also the red stripe, jeez it was only a few years back there was uproar over virgin might be sponsoring us and a red logo might go on the shirts

March 31, 2018, 05:25:48 PM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

We've had quite a strong Irish contingent in the past; Gwladys is Welsh and the name Walton has Welsh origins

I suppose Glasgow Rangers could be considered Blue Noses and Red Stripe is a Jamaican beer!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 01, 2018, 03:49:15 PM
Reply #10

TheBlackWatchFanzine

Yes covers have been superb, really enjoyed black watch and would be interested in other covers as ts deffo.

Been meaning to get a subscription for my brother since crimbo - hows it looking, will the mag survive into next season?
Nice one mate, I appreciate the feedback. Any other covers you'd particularly like to see released as tees, as once costs are covered on this one I'll be looking into getting some more done?

The mag is here to stay as far as I'm concerned. This season was always about testing the water to see if there was still interest in fanzines and, while it's still got a relatively small readership, every issue bar one has sold out and there's a decent base of writers now. Always looking for more though if anyone ever wants to contribute.

I am looking for more people to sell it on a match day if anyone fancies earning a few quid...

April 01, 2018, 06:05:55 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one mate, I appreciate the feedback. Any other covers you'd particularly like to see released as tees, as once costs are covered on this one I'll be looking into getting some more done?

The mag is here to stay as far as I'm concerned. This season was always about testing the water to see if there was still interest in fanzines and, while it's still got a relatively small readership, every issue bar one has sold out and there's a decent base of writers now. Always looking for more though if anyone ever wants to contribute.

I am looking for more people to sell it on a match day if anyone fancies earning a few quid...

Big nev!

Sound good, have considered contributing actually, not got round to a subject yet though which is usually pretty important haha
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 01, 2018, 08:11:22 PM
Reply #12

TheBlackWatchFanzine

Big nev!

Sound good, have considered contributing actually, not got round to a subject yet though which is usually pretty important haha

You would be more than welcome mate, deadline for the final issue of the season is around April 24th.

April 04, 2018, 07:14:48 PM
Reply #13

TheBlackWatchFanzine

T-shirts arrived today, all pre-orders about to be sent out this arvo. Made up with how they've come out. Still plenty of stock in all sizes if anyone wants to order one, will be posted first class. Order here - http://theblackwatchfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/elland-road-tee

We also made our first donation based on the pre-order sales - 64.05 donated to the Whitechapel Centre, who do a lot of support work with rough sleepers and homeless households. The donation will pay for around 128 fry-ups for homeless people in the city. 50% of the profit on each shirt sold goes to charity, so I'm hoping we can raise plenty more.

May 01, 2018, 03:10:31 AM
Reply #14

TheBlackWatchFanzine

Issue 8, the last one of the season, coming out on Saturday. On sale from outside St Luke's Church from about 4pm and available online here: https://t.co/wux9p1xHlx. Thought some of you might like to see the front cover, thought we'd do something reflecting the 'small minority's views this time...