September 26, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 42050 times)

April 06, 2018, 07:53:00 PM
Reply #90

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
He's a business man.

He'll see the outlay we already have paying off Koeman and Martinez and look at that when it comes to Sam.

He'll see someone who's stabilised us, worked well in the market, with one year left on his deal to work with the squad.

To get rid of him would cost him another 6mil, and risk the stability that's been brought in.

I want him gone as much as anyone but it'll come down to a business decision at the end of the day and the right business decision is to just keep him for the duration of his deal.

As a businessman, hitting 30k attendances by December and losing revenue and enthusiasm from a disenfranchised support might be more than 6m. I can't be arsed to work it out or do the maths to see if that's the case.

I don't think any sort of pay off will concern Moshiri.

April 06, 2018, 07:56:17 PM
Reply #91

ajax_andy

'Working alongside' could mean anything, chill yer boots!

Could easily mean Brands comes in as Director of Football and Walsh becomes Director of recruitment or something like a glorified chief scout

April 06, 2018, 08:00:05 PM
Reply #92

Macca77

As a businessman, hitting 30k attendances by December and losing revenue and enthusiasm from a disenfranchised support might be more than 6m. I can't be arsed to work it out or do the maths to see if that's the case.

I don't think any sort of pay off will concern Moshiri.

I doubt there will be a massive pay off anyway, he will get his bonus and that will be that

April 06, 2018, 08:23:00 PM
Reply #93

Bluedylan

Have to say, I am getting a little worried with all these whispers and rumours about Allardyce staying. Much less convinced that he's going than I was.

And that'll also be me fucking next season off altogether.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 06, 2018, 08:24:02 PM
Reply #94

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say, I am getting a little worried with all these whispers and rumours about Allardyce staying. Much less convinced that he's going than I was.

And that'll also be me fucking next season off altogether.
Ive renewed but I cant see me going a game if he stays
Simply simply lovely

April 06, 2018, 08:48:06 PM
Reply #95

BlueForYou

In Moshiri's eyes, what makes you think Allardyce won't stay?

For now, concentrate on him not getting an extended contract renewal
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 06, 2018, 08:52:58 PM
Reply #96

Evertonian in NC

It depends.

If we're clearing out Walsh and Allardyce and looking to rebuild from the top down, I'm fine with it. I don't know enough about Brands to feel any sort of confidence in the move but he's a better fit than Walsh in the sense that his background isn't just in scouting.

If we're bringing Brands in to work alongside Walsh... then I'm worried. I already think we have too many people pulling in too many directions. Adding another one isn't going to make things any better. We need some organization and calm behind the scenes. Throwing another director of football into the ring accomplishes neither of those things.

Short version: I don't think we'll see better results on the pitch until we get everyone at the club pulling in the same direction, in the boardroom and on the footballing side of things. If Brands is a step in that direction, great. If not, what's the point?

To not get rid of Walsh and Allardyce, root and branch, is to ignore the basics of the "sunk cost fallacy" economics lesson.  Surely a businessman like Moshiri couldn't be that stupid/blind?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 06, 2018, 09:01:06 PM
Reply #97

sam of the south

To not get rid of Walsh and Allardyce, root and branch, is to ignore the basics of the "sunk cost fallacy" economics lesson.  Surely a businessman like Moshiri couldn't be that stupid/blind?

I think he might be a bit handstand, mate.

The Jim White stuff, the Lukaku voodoo thing (even if it happened, keep it to yourself) the Koeman and Allardyce fanboy shit.

Im getting a feeling that he very much lucked out by becoming the accountant of the right guy.

Just because hes a good accountant doesnt make him an ace businessman.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 07, 2018, 12:23:21 AM
Reply #98

bluenuck

I think he might be a bit handstand, mate.

The Jim White stuff, the Lukaku voodoo thing (even if it happened, keep it to yourself) the Koeman and Allardyce fanboy shit.

Im getting a feeling that he very much lucked out by becoming the accountant of the right guy.

Just because hes a good accountant doesnt make him an ace businessman.

Meh, I really don't know if he's a good businessman. I don't really think any of us do. Financially so far we can't complain what he's done for the club.

Is he being taken for a ride when it comes to the on field areas of a football club? I'd have to say probably, yes. All we can hope for is that he learns from the past 2 seasons.

April 07, 2018, 01:13:21 AM
Reply #99

sam of the south

Meh, I really don't know if he's a good businessman. I don't really think any of us do. Financially so far we can't complain what he's done for the club.

Is he being taken for a ride when it comes to the on field areas of a football club? I'd have to say probably, yes. All we can hope for is that he learns from the past 2 seasons.

Theyve all been his choices, though, mate.

So, based on the decisions that hes made thus far the jury is still out.

If he pulls off Bramley Moore successfully, bins Allardyce, gets in a coach like Fonseca, and brings in Brands who hits the ground running and works with or without Walsh, then my hat goes off to him.

Currently though my cap stays on, messing up my barnet.

April 07, 2018, 01:33:42 AM
Reply #100

Danny

I'll probably forgive most things if the stadium is everything we all hope it'll be, even if we just ended up in 10th for the next few seasons it would be worth it in the long run.

What we desperately need to avoid is a West Ham situation where we get a shit stadium, Goodison gets knocked down and Moshiri tries to sell us on to someone else looking to get a piece of the premier league pie.

April 07, 2018, 01:39:11 AM
Reply #101

sam of the south

I'll probably forgive most things if the stadium is everything we all hope it'll be, even if we just ended up in 10th for the next few seasons it would be worth it in the long run.

What we desperately need to avoid is a West Ham situation where we get a shit stadium, Goodison gets knocked down and Moshiri tries to sell us on to someone else looking to get a piece of the premier league pie.

Unless that someone else is Usmanov

April 07, 2018, 01:42:14 AM
Reply #102

Danny

Unless that someone else is Usmanov

Even if he was, if we get the stadium move wrong were stuck with it for 50 years.

Desperately hoping we get it right, it's looking really positive so far.

April 07, 2018, 05:05:43 AM
Reply #103

sam of the south

Even if he was, if we get the stadium move wrong were stuck with it for 50 years.

Desperately hoping we get it right, it's looking really positive so far.

I want both.

A kick arse stadium and a really rich, ambitous owner.

Oh, and world peace ✌🏼

April 07, 2018, 05:13:02 AM
Reply #104

Ross

No need to worry about the stadium Moshiri has brought onboard an expert for this kind of thing..

....I hate that duck!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.