September 19, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 41746 times)

April 04, 2018, 11:43:00 PM
Reply #30

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Great news. Even though we have very limited facts and itís hard to apportion blame, itís clear Walsh isnít working out. Fresh start and hopefully a new manager and some good signings coming through the door soon.

April 04, 2018, 11:50:33 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Knowing us, we'll end up with fucking Russell Brand.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

April 04, 2018, 11:56:26 PM
Reply #32

sam of the south

Knowing us, we'll end up with fucking Russell Brand.

Or end up fucking Russell Brand.

Ah, why not, every other slag has
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:04:21 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 05, 2018, 02:39:12 PM
Reply #33

Fynci

Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumor and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

April 05, 2018, 02:55:20 PM
Reply #34

Hawkandro

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-retain-marcel-brands-interest-14492403

I don't know how true this is, but it doesn't sound promising with regards to a 'summer of sweeping changes'.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 05, 2018, 03:07:34 PM
Reply #35

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-retain-marcel-brands-interest-14492403

I don't know how true this is, but it doesn't sound promising with regards to a 'summer of sweeping changes'.

I was in favour of keeping one (Walsh) for a year and sacking the other (Allardyce) to allow for a bit of continuity. Giving Walsh the benefit of the doubt as most of his signings were probably the right call at the time.

That article makes it sound like we are keeping one & sacking one in the summer, but arse about tit and Allardyce is the one staying.

April 05, 2018, 03:19:25 PM
Reply #36

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Iím freelancing at a Dutch company at present and there is a super knowledgeable guy who talks a lot about football. I mentioned the rumor and he said that it has been in the Dutch press too, he says that Brands has a good scouting network in Central and South America and finds good players from Mexico and Columbia.

Not many Mexican or Columbian players have made it in the Prem, have they? Doesn't seem to suit their style. Not that I'm playing Brands down or anything.

I was in favour of keeping one (Walsh) for a year and sacking the other (Allardyce) to allow for a bit of continuity. Giving Walsh the benefit of the doubt as most of his signings were probably the right call at the time.

That article makes it sound like we are keeping one & sacking one in the summer, but arse about tit and Allardyce is the one staying.

Isn't the DoF's objectives to decide the fate of the manager?

I hope the club have decided to give the job to Brands now and give him the rest of the season to evaluate the health of the club, the squad, understand its strengths and weaknesses and then decide that Sam is a calamity and then fire him as soon as the whistle blows on this clusterfuck of a season.

That removes Moshiri from the process and he can say it was the new guy implementing his regime.

April 05, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
Reply #37

Ramjam

Just to play devils advocate, and I hope Iím wrong as I donít know anything about Brands, but As heís familiar with the Dutch league and the Dutch players would that not make him more likely to sign players such as Klaassen and others heís been working with. Just a thought like.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 05, 2018, 03:33:24 PM
Reply #38

Hawkandro

Regardless of how Klaassen has (or hasn't) done this season, it wouldn't put me off looking to bring over players from Holland. Hirving Lozano, Hakim Zayech, De Ligt, Dolberg; there is quality there.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 05, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just to play devils advocate, and I hope Iím wrong as I donít know anything about Brands, but As heís familiar with the Dutch league and the Dutch players would that not make him more likely to sign players such as Klaassen and others heís been working with. Just a thought like.

I honestly donít think that we will ever find out how good/bad Klaasen is untill he is given the opportunity to play in position within a system that works, personally hope he is kept on and given a chance with a new manager in a structured pre season.

April 05, 2018, 04:06:06 PM
Reply #40

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

By all accounts he favours South American players
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 05, 2018, 04:11:49 PM
Reply #41

BlueMaquis

By all accounts he favours South American players

Hmm... would most of us rather Heitinga and Klaassen or Oviedo and Funes Mori?

April 05, 2018, 04:16:37 PM
Reply #42

Ramjam

Hmm... would most of us rather Heitinga and Klaassen or Oviedo and Funes Mori?
Cruyf and Van Basten or Maradona and Socratese
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 05, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
Reply #43

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Or maybe Van Persie or  Bergkamp or Arden Robbin or Rudd Gullit or Van Nistelroy or..or... a Koeman !

April 05, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
Reply #44

Cereal Killer

Mexico and Colombia you say?!

Jose Baxter is already preparing his CV for a new scouting job