June 24, 2018, 10:47:42 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 37443 times)

May 16, 2018, 09:42:24 PM
Reply #525

Toffee1

Does he start his job on the 1st June?

If so we won't have a manager announced before then, I would assume?

May 16, 2018, 09:43:19 PM
Reply #526

D15TIN

Everton have done well last couple of days

May 16, 2018, 09:50:28 PM
Reply #527

Fynci

Brands selecting the new manager? Let's hope we don't see this...

May 16, 2018, 09:53:36 PM
Reply #528

Toffee1

May 16, 2018, 09:54:27 PM
Reply #529

Macca77

Bizarre how much a bit of good news can brighten us all up, instead of going into the summer pissed off we're all smiling and excited because we're finally doing things right

May 16, 2018, 09:57:46 PM
Reply #530

Toffee1

Bizarre how much a bit of good news can brighten us all up, instead of going into the summer pissed off we're all smiling and excited because we're finally doing things right

The fact it has been done so quickly, is the most pleasing for me as this summer window is truncated due to the World Cup. Having a DOF, who has experience of hiring (and firing) managers, in charge of the appointment of our new manager, is a real positive.

May 16, 2018, 09:57:53 PM
Reply #531

Tinga

Apparently this Brands doesn't know how to sign a left back, he'll fit right in at Everton!.

May 16, 2018, 09:59:13 PM
Reply #532

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At least we're not dependent on a manager for signing players immediately. That will be in the hands of Brands.

Hey that rhymes.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 16, 2018, 10:06:20 PM
Reply #533

Macca77

The fact it has been done so quickly, is the most pleasing for me as this summer window is truncated due to the World Cup. Having a DOF, who has experience of hiring (and firing) managers, in charge of the appointment of our new manager, is a real positive.

Moshiri has obviously had enough of how shit we were and finally cracked his whip

May 16, 2018, 10:07:14 PM
Reply #534

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I've been supporting Everton for 50 years, so, although I'm feeling happier and a bit more positive, I won't be smiling too widely in public until we sign a Manager that sounds like Silva, Fonseca, or even Howe, rather than Moyes or LvG.

Everton, no matter how much you love it, does that to you.

May 16, 2018, 10:07:17 PM
Reply #535

plumber

https://twitter.com/GregOK/status/996759182341820417

That's promising. Hopefully decision about the manager is not made yet, and there are more and better candidates than Silva.

May 16, 2018, 10:07:38 PM
Reply #536

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Boss!!! Off for a bevvie after my meeting :D
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 16, 2018, 10:08:50 PM
Reply #537

KingdingalingNL

My friend says he was already onboard and has already had talks over the future etc. He took his time to make it known so the focus was on PSV and now the season has ended he finished a couple of deals he was already working on for PSV, but he already has had an influence on Everton. He did not go into which influence it was but has talked multiple times. He also IS interested in bringing Lozano and Ziyech, he doesn’t want to upset PSV so he doesn’t know how hard he will try for Lozano and Ziyech is in talks with Roma so wether that will or will not come off is also uncertain. If he lets me know anything else I will let you guys know!

May 16, 2018, 10:18:50 PM
Reply #538

plowman2

My friend says he was already onboard and has already had talks over the future etc. He took his time to make it known so the focus was on PSV and now the season has ended he finished a couple of deals he was already working on for PSV, but he already has had an influence on Everton. He did not go into which influence it was but has talked multiple times. He also IS interested in bringing Lozano and Ziyech, he doesn’t want to upset PSV so he doesn’t know how hard he will try for Lozano and Ziyech is in talks with Roma so wether that will or will not come off is also uncertain. If he lets me know anything else I will let you guys know!
I just can't express enough how much I want Ziyech to sign for us.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

May 16, 2018, 10:22:11 PM
Reply #539

Bluedylan

Given that he's left PSV on very amicable terms, with their blessing, maybe it'll be more palatable to go back in for their best players. And maybe those players would be more willing to come, under his stewardship.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.