December 12, 2018, 06:16:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce doesn't blame Rooney for being angry at substitution  (Read 4389 times)

April 09, 2018, 07:54:11 PM
Reply #60

Waltzer

hopefully the "this is bullshit" comment from rooney is the start of the end for allardyce...

start losing your most influential players in the squad means there's is only 1 route to go down...

bye bye sam..

I agree, although sadly I actually think what Sam said is correct and it was the right decision, but if we can use it as a stick to beat him with im all for that!!

April 09, 2018, 08:02:29 PM
Reply #61

gizzblue

Allardyce is going to have "clear the air" talks with Rooney with week
Will be ...."Why are you showing passion Wayne you know we get paid either way dont you"?.
Born not made a blue .

April 09, 2018, 09:18:31 PM
Reply #62

bogie

Will be ...."Why are you showing passion Wayne you know we get paid either way dont you"?.

real shame it only came out of him after getting subbed

April 09, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
Reply #63

bogie

I agree, although sadly I actually think what Sam said is correct and it was the right decision, but if we can use it as a stick to beat him with im all for that!!

sad so sad

April 09, 2018, 09:19:53 PM
Reply #64

gizzblue

sad so sad
Can see what your saying he had a poor game but looked like he was gonna get sent off to me .
Born not made a blue .

April 09, 2018, 09:20:20 PM
Reply #65

formerKHL

Allardyce is going to have "clear the air" talks with Rooney with week

WHY?  I wonder.....like he clearly said in his interview....he's the manager...he has the right to.....if he had any bollocks he'd just tell rooney that and tell him to get on with it....

April 09, 2018, 09:21:07 PM
Reply #66

bogie

Can see what your saying he had a poor game but looked like he was gonna get sent off to me .

is any yank team come in for him TAKE it in the summer

April 09, 2018, 09:41:29 PM
Reply #67

gizzblue

is any yank team come in for him TAKE it in the summer
Think if Sam stays he will go anyway tbh. ....not sure what will happen if Sam goes ...but I would get rid to Mls or China asap.
Born not made a blue .

April 09, 2018, 11:28:27 PM
Reply #68

TheBlackWatchFanzine

I think on the whole Rooney has done ok this season, but there's been a definite drop-off since Christmas. It's also all very well some people (not necessarily on here, more generally) talking about him being a squad player next season, but he's likely to be the best paid player on our books. What is it he's on - £150k a week? That's a lot of fucking money for someone who might play 1 game in every 2 or 3.

April 09, 2018, 11:53:00 PM
Reply #69

Evertonian in NC

I think on the whole Rooney has done ok this season, but there's been a definite drop-off since Christmas. It's also all very well some people (not necessarily on here, more generally) talking about him being a squad player next season, but he's likely to be the best paid player on our books. What is it he's on - £150k a week? That's a lot of fucking money for someone who might play 1 game in every 2 or 3.

Sunk cost fallacy, though.  You can overpay him to play a shed load of minutes and be mediocre-to-crap, or overpay him to be (hopefully) an effective role player.  I know which option I would choose.  I know what will likely happen, which is why I chafed at the deal despite "it's only wage money" when he signed.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 10, 2018, 12:21:05 AM
Reply #70

eyesalwaysblue

So your implying Burnley, who sit in 7th have a better squad than us? Id struggle to name too many of their team that would get in ours, so it shows what the right manager and a set of motivated players can achieve
Well we'll find out next year when Sams gone..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 10, 2018, 12:26:55 AM
Reply #71

Lxxx

If he was managed correctly and had some quality around him those 1 in 2/3 games would probably result in a pretty effective player and well worth the cost.

April 10, 2018, 12:40:26 AM
Reply #72

Ross

Canít be arsed explaining anything to you, just read.
Rooney valued at £10 million in that total package, thatís not a reduced fee.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/08/romelu-lukaku-fee-agreed-manchester-united-transfer-everton/

Thank you for proving my point.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 10, 2018, 12:44:52 AM
Reply #73

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thank you for proving my point.

Clearly didnít mean to like that, what it tells me is we paid £10 million for Rooney, nothing to do with reduced rate for Lukaku.

April 10, 2018, 01:09:29 AM
Reply #74

Ross

Despite United sources initially denying Rooney's departure was linked to the Lukaku transfer, reports on Friday suggested the club's record goalscorer will be included in the package - consisting of a £75m fee up front, £15m in add-ons and a £10m valuation of their own striker.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.