October 19, 2018, 02:42:28 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle (MNF)  (Read 9879 times)

April 18, 2018, 05:34:56 AM
Reply #30

sam of the south

same shit way of playing but 2 sitting and then 3 miles away form the 1 up top

Indeed.

Any formation can be attacking or defensive, it is all dependant on the Manager’s wishes, the player’s aptitude and execution, and the quality of the opposition.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 18, 2018, 05:33:20 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

I think we've been blinded by this formation so we play it regardless, without the players who can really do it justice. Football seems to go in waves and this formation seems to be trend of the moment, which is great when you have a goalscoring threat across the front with pace and energy like a Mane and Salah on either flank with a mobile lad up top who can interchange with them. We have a willing lad in Tosun who hasn't the pace to swap positions and two players past their best in Walcott and Bolasie.

If we're going to persist with this then we need to buy players to fit it which means mid- 20's tops, who can run forwards and get back all day long.

April 19, 2018, 06:10:46 PM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we've been blinded by this formation so we play it regardless, without the players who can really do it justice. Football seems to go in waves and this formation seems to be trend of the moment, which is great when you have a goalscoring threat across the front with pace and energy like a Mane and Salah on either flank with a mobile lad up top who can interchange with them. We have a willing lad in Tosun who hasn't the pace to swap positions and two players past their best in Walcott and Bolasie.

If we're going to persist with this then we need to buy players to fit it which means mid- 20's tops, who can run forwards and get back all day long.

I don't think Walcott is past his best. Improve on Tosun and Bolasie and Gana and Rooney and Schneiderlin and Jags and Keane and Baines and you'll see a better player.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 20, 2018, 04:29:46 AM
Reply #33

Macca77

April 20, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator

April 20, 2018, 05:44:00 AM
Reply #35

Bally

Administrator
Even Sky are on the wind up.
What's the bets the survey question will be within the first 5 minutes
It's the roll I way

April 20, 2018, 07:02:06 AM
Reply #36

Thornton_19

The atmosphere will be grim for this i reckon.

April 20, 2018, 07:26:53 AM
Reply #37

Jamokachi

Can someone come up with a survey based chant, that culminates with a big "fuck off Sam!"?

April 20, 2018, 07:45:16 AM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We don’t need a survey to tell you to Fuck off Sam!!! How’s that?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 20, 2018, 07:46:02 AM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

I like it. @Bally , get the megaphone out!

April 20, 2018, 08:54:36 AM
Reply #40

boothill

To the tune of immaculate mary

survey survey survey big fat sam
survey survey fuckoff big fat sam

April 20, 2018, 03:04:06 PM
Reply #41

Toddacelli

Expecting:

Pickford
                                                           Robles
         Coleman   Kenny   Jagielka   Keane   Williams  Martina  Garbutt   Baines

Rooney

Play for the point, innit?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 20, 2018, 04:13:02 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

April 20, 2018, 04:15:26 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

Wow. Martinez talking about Allardyce. Grim, just fuckin grim.

It will be like something from the upside down world

April 20, 2018, 05:55:33 PM
Reply #44

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone want my ticket? It's on stubhub for £15
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: