November 13, 2018, 09:38:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle (MNF)  (Read 10406 times)

April 24, 2018, 05:20:51 PM
Reply #435

Lxxx

...............I agree he's been absolutely dire this season until recently but he's not on his own. Keane for example has been dreadful but now showing signs of his true form. Gana has been up and down too. I thought all the three played well last night . We can't keep overhauling the squad every season .

We haven't overhauled the squad yet. We've just added to it and added to it to give us the biggest squad in our history but their is no upturn in quality on the pitch. There is an ingrained, defeatist mentality to the squad which shows when we go a goal down, we fold like a house of cards. Senior players heads go down and it's embarrassing. I'd be saying goodbye to Jags, Williams and Schneiderlin in the summer and setting about getting real leaders in their place. 

April 24, 2018, 05:24:27 PM
Reply #436

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Please tell me he didn't say "I don't make the players pass it" for a second time this season.

Imagine Guardiola coming out with that.

By the way, nobody needs a new manager in this squad more than Tom Davies. A manager who'll teach to take more care on the ball but still be able to move us up the pitch. Not this nobhead who'll just drop him and pretend training isn't way to improve players.

BIT worried about Tom tbh. Another few examples today of what happens when Tom tries to move up the pitch - has no pace, no acceleration, no 1v1 ability, so is immediately caught up by an opposing midfielder and collapses to win a free kick...not terrible like, could be worse of course, but I am still wondering what sort of player he is.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 24, 2018, 05:36:44 PM
Reply #437

Macca77

Davies got quite a lot of stick from our fans last night, don't understand why, he wasn't awful, yes he lost the ball a few times, but he wasn't the only one. It starting to remind me of how it was with Barkley

April 24, 2018, 06:18:55 PM
Reply #438

Lxxx

Davies got quite a lot of stick from our fans last night, don't understand why, he wasn't awful, yes he lost the ball a few times, but he wasn't the only one. It starting to remind me of how it was with Barkley

Sad but true, although he doesn't help himself by repeatedly missing easy 5 yard passes. I think a lot of the disillusionment at us as a club manifests itself in easy targets at times and it's usually our own that get it harder. 

April 24, 2018, 06:29:30 PM
Reply #439

Shogun

Administrator
BIT worried about Tom tbh. Another few examples today of what happens when Tom tries to move up the pitch - has no pace, no acceleration, no 1v1 ability, so is immediately caught up by an opposing midfielder and collapses to win a free kick...not terrible like, could be worse of course, but I am still wondering what sort of player he is.

Could be describing Pienaar there tbf
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 24, 2018, 06:37:30 PM
Reply #440

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Do think we have to remember he is only 19.

April 24, 2018, 07:20:42 PM
Reply #441

Jamokachi

Played well tonight, almost back to his first season standard.

I thought he was doing alright too.

April 24, 2018, 09:13:03 PM
Reply #442

KoemansNumberTens

Considering your position on Allardyce Iím not in anyway surprised you didnít like Martinez.

But football has moved on since the 70ís and itís time we did.

Itís moved on to Roberto Martinez?

April 24, 2018, 10:30:07 PM
Reply #443

bogie

He was not as shit as Rooney though was he.

Rooney has been fucking woeful this season and should not be on the pitch I'd rather have Beni there at the minute, yet Davies (a lad still learning, because he's not yet the fucking finished article) gets pelters.

lol
I will not even go into this with you

April 25, 2018, 08:08:39 AM
Reply #444

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could be describing Pienaar there tbf

Totally agree. A lot of his good stuff is SPesque as well, looks for through balls and stuff.

Pienaar wasnít a (hopefully) box to box CM tho to be fair.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.