November 21, 2018, 06:49:09 PM

Author Topic: Apart from defeat  (Read 1865 times)

April 16, 2018, 04:42:02 AM
Read 1865 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
the scoreline I hate the most is 1-1 with our goal being an own goal.

ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

April 16, 2018, 04:58:18 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

the scoreline I hate the most is 1-1 with our goal being an own goal.

The grim thing is, I hate any scoreline in a match that is presided over by Sam Allardyce.

I was feeling the same about Koeman a couple of matches into the season, as well.

Itís inexplicable to me that now we finally have a rich owner, he installs two managers in succession that give Walter Smith a run for his money in the shit, joyless football stakes.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 16, 2018, 05:23:33 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

The grim thing is, I hate any scoreline in a match that is presided over by Sam Allardyce.

I was feeling the same about Koeman a couple of matches into the season, as well.

Itís inexplicable to me that now we finally have a rich owner, he installs two managers in succession that give Walter Smith a run for his money in the shit, joyless football stakes.

Think you can add Martinez to the list too. Was painful watching the last 2 seasons under him as well.
3 inept managers that have cost us about 40m in payoffs

April 16, 2018, 05:28:38 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

Think in reality we all feel a bit defeated by the whole monkey fucking a football shitshow  If a season , it's gonna take time for our board of knuckle draggers to get things right ....

But we are Everton and ever the optomists.
Born not made a blue .

April 16, 2018, 06:18:09 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Think you can add Martinez to the list too. Was painful watching the last 2 seasons under him as well.
3 inept managers that have cost us about 40m in payoffs

Yes, without a doubt.

And it was a complete fallacy that we were good going forward under Martinez but leaky at the back.

We were slow, sideways, blunt, unfit, and painful to watch after the honeymoon was over.

April 16, 2018, 01:18:48 PM
Reply #5

bluenuck

Yes, without a doubt.

And it was a complete fallacy that we were good going forward under Martinez but leaky at the back.

We were slow, sideways, blunt, unfit, and painful to watch after the honeymoon was over.

He was shit.

But that first season he was here was the last time any of us really felt anything, ya know? It was fun.

April 16, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
Reply #6

dunkster

What will always stick in my mind was how much our football changed from moyes style to Martinez style in that first season. Just showed the influence a manager can have on the same players.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 16, 2018, 02:40:14 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Hang on lads, nothing we have seen in the last 4 years has got anywhere near the days of Smith. To suggest otherwise at the end of criticism of the last few years borders on bathos territory.

April 16, 2018, 02:45:33 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

Hang on lads, nothing we have seen in the last 4 years has got anywhere near the days of Smith. To suggest otherwise at the end of criticism of the last few years borders on bathos territory.

Still gives me nightmares

April 16, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
Reply #9

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Short memories
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 16, 2018, 03:34:10 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

Not the end result, but the lack of style and entertainment.

Under Koeman and Allardyce it has reminded of Smithís tactics but with better players and, luckily, in a much poorer league.

April 16, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
Reply #11

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not the end result, but the lack of style and entertainment.

Under Koeman and Allardyce it has reminded of Smithís tactics but with better players and, luckily, in a much poorer league.

I remember centre halfs in midfield and right-backs up front during the Smith days.
Literally a team of defenders.
But ones who could barely defend either.

I have zero problem with defensive football. It's 50% of the game and i hate it that people demand free-flowing football from every team.
As a club we have rarely strayed from the grizzled, determined, tough image. Henry's words recently (although defending his current boss) were right, most players have fucking hated coming to Goodison, not because they were outpassed and made to run around like fools. But because the team and the fans fucking fought like rabid dogs for everything.

And thats what pisses me off about the current regime. I can take giving a team 80% possession. I can deal with having 1 or 2 shots on target if they become the winning goals
I'd take Allardyces Bolton with our current funds to add better players to play the same roles.

But this fucking wettness across the park infuriates me.
But they were that soft under Smith. And they played worse football. And they utilised worse tactics.
But they weren't always worse players (Bilic, Collins, Matterazi, Dacourt, Barmby, Bakayoko were all very good players)

April 16, 2018, 03:59:06 PM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Much of a muchness really.

The feeling towards the manager and squad of players is as bad as it ever was under Walter smith.

April 16, 2018, 04:00:38 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

I remember centre halfs in midfield and right-backs up front during the Smith days.
Literally a team of defenders.
But ones who could barely defend either.

I have zero problem with defensive football. It's 50% of the game and i hate it that people demand free-flowing football from every team.
As a club we have rarely strayed from the grizzled, determined, tough image. Henry's words recently (although defending his current boss) were right, most players have fucking hated coming to Goodison, not because they were outpassed and made to run around like fools. But because the team and the fans fucking fought like rabid dogs for everything.

And thats what pisses me off about the current regime. I can take giving a team 80% possession. I can deal with having 1 or 2 shots on target if they become the winning goals
I'd take Allardyces Bolton with our current funds to add better players to play the same roles.

But this fucking wettness across the park infuriates me.
But they were that soft under Smith. And they played worse football. And they utilised worse tactics.
But they weren't always worse players (Bilic, Collins, Matterazi, Dacourt, Barmby, Bakayoko were all very good players)

Yes, it was truly grim.

Out of those players mentioned only Dacourt played well, though.

At least during the Koeman (this season) and Allardyce period weíve had Rooney, Gana, Coleman, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Walcott, and Tosun stepping up at various times and dragging us onwards.

And, like I said, fortunately the overall standard in the league has been incredibly poor this season.

April 16, 2018, 06:35:20 PM
Reply #14

Ross

Yes, without a doubt.

Without turning this into another anti Martinez thread I think itís worth pointing out for balance that we scored about 170 league goals during his time here as manager. Bettered only by about 4/5 other clubs during that period Sam with infinitely more resources than us as well.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.