November 19, 2018, 01:06:22 AM

Author Topic: Apart from defeat  (Read 1852 times)

April 16, 2018, 06:35:20 PM
Read 1852 times

Ross

Yes, without a doubt.

And it was a complete fallacy that we were good going forward under Martinez but leaky at the back.

We were slow, sideways, blunt, unfit, and painful to watch after the honeymoon was over.

Without turning this into another anti Martinez thread I think itís worth pointing out for balance that we scored about 170 league goals during his time here as manager. Bettered only by about 4/5 other clubs during that period Sam with infinitely more resources than us as well.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 16, 2018, 06:51:05 PM
Reply #1

Ross

Martinez was clearly better, particularly in that first season.

After a while, though, his unchanging philosophy was just terribly flawed, particularly in the high-octane EPL.

To play possession football, but without any pressing, particularly from the front, is suicide in this league if you donít have a really watertight central defence and midfield area (which we didnít)

Think we only scored 2 less goals in his last season than what we did in his first.

When you think the players turned on him during those final 5/6 months itís not bad really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.