June 20, 2018, 08:49:09 AM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 23459 times)

May 15, 2018, 04:43:59 PM
Reply #360

Macca77

https://twitter.com/EvertonBlueArmy/status/996301741468651520

May 15, 2018, 05:00:24 PM
Reply #361

Tinga

Obviously theres something preventing a quick resolution to this.

May 15, 2018, 05:06:50 PM
Reply #362

Ramjam

Why would Everton have to pay those cunts anything, we did nothing but enquire about his availability, they put a price on his head, we refused to pay it and moved onto our next target and appointed BFS. End of story, their form dipped but thatís fuck all to do with us
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 15, 2018, 06:14:53 PM
Reply #363

dunkster

Hmmn...just read that Benfica have joined the race to sign Silva
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 15, 2018, 06:31:30 PM
Reply #364

Dr. Sponge

If it's Silva I'll get behind him. Questionable defensively but really good going forward.

Strange though, that again we seem unwilling or incapable of thinking outside the box. We just seem to be settling for what's in front of us rather than scouting and head hunting for the next big thing.

Martinez
Koeman
Allardyce
Silva
Walsh

Bolasie
Rooney
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Keane
Williams
Gueye
Sigurdson
Pickford
Martina

Sigurdson and Pickford aside, none have set the club alight. Just seems lazy to me, MOTD2 highlights scouts.

May 15, 2018, 06:48:32 PM
Reply #365

bluestevie

What is wrong with Watford? They sacked him but want us to pay the compo they owe him? They should have taken the money when we offered it back in November
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 15, 2018, 06:48:51 PM
Reply #366

Macca77

Having a bit of eye candy in charge is a good thing, am I right girls... girls?

May 15, 2018, 06:53:31 PM
Reply #367

Toffee1

May 15, 2018, 07:01:52 PM
Reply #368

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
@Rodenplav64   vill probably answer himself, but what makes people think Silva is a good shout?

His CV is hit and miss, experience in the prem not very impressive to put it politely. Got Hull relegated, was a flavour of the month at Watford, then lost his head completely when a bigger club had expressed interest in him and got sacked. Generally wasnít better or worse than Mazzarri or Flores. His defensive record in the prem is atrocious.

What else? He is not Allardyce, is young, has a fancy Portuguese name and is ďprogressiveĒ whatever that means. Oh, and there was some article in some paper about his philosophy so thatís probably enough to hire him.

And Iím not buying the arguments that Hull were shit and Watford defenders woeful, so itís not his fault. There a lots of managers who have done a better job in the lesser prem clubs than Everton (Dyche, Howe), in the Championship or Swiss or Bulgarian league but that doesnít mean we should offer them a job.
Iím not saying we should waste our time chasing unrealistic targets, but surely we can get something better than another ďPorto guyĒ?

First of all, can we please stop saying he got Hull relegated. He didn't. They were already in a very precarious position when he took-over and he made them a much better team.

They went down because the chairman refused to spend any money on players and trying to keep them in the premier league was a thankless task.

He was doing a great job at Watford before he had his head turned. Granted, it could be worrying at how things capitulated, but when you're managing a team with a history of sacking managers every 12 months, it's understandable that he pushed for the job here.

Then look at his work outside the premier league, in portugal and greece.

He took Estoril from 10th in the second division, to 4th in the premier league.

He then moved onto Lisbon where he won the cup, and was only sacked for not wearing the club suit.

He then moved on to Olympiacos where he broke a European record for consecutive wins, getting a very impressive result at the emirates in the process and left with an 80% win ratio.

From what I can see he's improved every team he's managed and instilled a mentality and way of playing suited to a team like Everton.

Fair enough if people don't rate him, but I do think it's important to do a little bit of research into a managers background before forming an opinion on them.

Some of the stuff about him is pretty lazy, especially the comparisons to Martinez and the relegating hull parts.

He's ideal for us in my opinion, and everything I want in a new manager.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:05:16 PM by TheRam »

May 15, 2018, 07:24:14 PM
Reply #369

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
First of all, can we please stop saying he got Hull relegated. He didn't. They were already in a very precarious position when he took-over and he made them a much better team.

They went down because the chairman refused to spend any money on players and trying to keep them in the premier league was a thankless task.

He was doing a great job at Watford before he had his head turned. Granted, it could be worrying at how things capitulated, but when you're managing a team with a history of sacking managers every 12 months, it's understandable that he pushed for the job here.

He then moved onto Lisbon where he won the cup, and was only sacked for not wearing the club suit.

He then moved on to Olympiacos where he broke a European record for consecutive wins, getting a very impressive result at the emirates in the process and left with an 80% win ratio.

From what I can see he's improved every team he's managed and instilled a mentality and way of playing suited to a team like Everton.

Fair enough if people don't rate him, but I do think it's important to do a little bit of research into a managers background before forming an opinion on them.

Some of the stuff about him is pretty lazy, especially the comparisons to Martinez and the relegating hull parts.

That my boy, is a great post
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 15, 2018, 07:32:10 PM
Reply #370

Macca77

You had me at "First"

Everyone should find the Ryan Mason quotes about Silva, he is a proper stickler for detail, studies football 24/7, analyses opponents, even their throw ins. It's an excellent read.

May 15, 2018, 07:34:28 PM
Reply #371

KoemansNumberTens

Iím not against silva but his work in England hasnít been overly great. Relegated and sacked in 2 6 month jobs
No he ďdidnít get Hull relegatedĒ but many a manager has saved a team in a shitty position

May 15, 2018, 07:38:19 PM
Reply #372

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Still cautious about Silva, but if it's him, I'll give him my backing like I did for Sam (which lasted a few weeks I admit). Every manager deserves a chance.

Can't say it will be the most inspiring or exciting appointment, but it was years since we did make an exciting managerial appointment.

Can't see what the delay in hiring would be though. Watford sacked him. They didn't have to.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 15, 2018, 07:41:54 PM
Reply #373

Evertonian in NC

He is my 2nd choice, and you make a compelling argument as to why he should be #1.  Will be quite excited if it comes to pass.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 15, 2018, 07:44:07 PM
Reply #374

Macca77

I wouldn't expect an appointment soon like, reports are suggesting that although Silva is the "preferred choice", he isn't the only choice.