August 22, 2018, 04:26:38 AM

Author Topic: John Stones  (Read 2009 times)

April 24, 2018, 10:11:26 PM
Reply #30

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I don't recall seeing him have a game for City where he didn't make at least one mistake, much the same as he did for us.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 25, 2018, 01:52:41 AM
Reply #31

Ramjam

Emm, Englandís first choice centre back for the World Cup plays for City reserve team.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 25, 2018, 05:18:35 PM
Reply #32

themilkycoffees

He's fantastic on the ball and he still makes the same mistakes as he did when he was at us. I don't really buy into the "improved under Pep" narrative. He's just surrounded by better players. That being said, I'd have him back at Everton if we could partner him with a big, horrible centre half. There's no doubt, even with the errors in his game, he's better than the dross we have at our disposal at the minute.

April 25, 2018, 05:29:00 PM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

He's fantastic on the ball and he still makes the same mistakes as he did when he was at us. I don't really buy into the "improved under Pep" narrative. He's just surrounded by better players. That being said, I'd have him back at Everton if we could partner him with a big, horrible centre half. There's no doubt, even with the errors in his game, he's better than the dross we have at our disposal at the minute.

At what price though. Iím not having heís worth 50m with his defensive lapses. Also how useful is a ball playing centre half in a side with 10 other players who canít be trusted to play a 5 yard pass.

April 25, 2018, 05:35:17 PM
Reply #34

themilkycoffees

At what price though. Iím not having heís worth 50m with his defensive lapses. Also how useful is a ball playing centre half in a side with 10 other players who canít be trusted to play a 5 yard pass.

I'm sure they'd be looking to recoup as much of that fee is possible and if it's £30m for Michael Keane, then it's at least £50m for John Stones. Personally, I'd be happy to pay it. I did say that we'd need to partner him with a CB who loves to defend and I'm assuming we'll be looking to make at least 4 or 5 signings again this summer with all the likely departures.

April 25, 2018, 05:55:00 PM
Reply #35

Ramjam

I'm sure they'd be looking to recoup as much of that fee is possible and if it's £30m for Michael Keane, then it's at least £50m for John Stones. Personally, I'd be happy to pay it. I did say that we'd need to partner him with a CB who loves to defend and I'm assuming we'll be looking to make at least 4 or 5 signings again this summer with all the likely departures.
No need to make any more signings if BFS is staying, Q Williams being drafted straight back into the heart of the defence
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 25, 2018, 06:01:44 PM
Reply #36

Major Clanger

His ideal partner would be a younger Jagielka, who has none of Stones's flair but all the awareness (and legs) to cover for his mistakes. Like he did with Lescott, making him look like an absolute beast.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 25, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
He wouldnt come back here anyway.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

April 25, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
Reply #38

KoemansNumberTens

Keane wasnít worth 30m though.

Canít imagine theyíll be many takers at 50m. Probably just us to be honest

April 25, 2018, 07:53:16 PM
Reply #39

themilkycoffees

He wasn't but that's the market. It's not just Michael Keane that had an inflated price tag. I think there'll be a few suitors around that £50m mark for Stones.

April 25, 2018, 07:57:14 PM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

He wasn't but that's the market. It's not just Michael Keane that had an inflated price tag. I think there'll be a few suitors around that £50m mark for Stones.

Not really. We didnít get any value in signing Keane. The market for Keane (with all the information) is about 50p and a mars bar

April 25, 2018, 08:22:59 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think Keane will become a good player for us.

Very underrated on the ball.

April 25, 2018, 11:04:36 PM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

Not really. We didn’t get any value in signing Keane. The market for Keane (with all the information) is about 50p and a mars bar
................I think Keane will turn out to be a good long term signing . Having Jags alongside has been good for him .
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 25, 2018, 11:55:20 PM
Reply #43

KoemansNumberTens

To be honest I don't think he's so bad. Just highlights the lack of thought in terms of team building and partnerships that would work together.
30m was ridiculous given his contract situation though

April 26, 2018, 02:15:43 AM
Reply #44

MmmblueBernard

MmmBlueStones will rise again.

Iíd like to see him in a Milan shirt to be honest.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama