November 20, 2018, 11:24:41 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 8735 times)

May 02, 2018, 04:05:04 AM
Reply #30

Juanito

Odds for game;

Everton 9/5
Southampton 3/2

May 02, 2018, 12:39:44 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would quite like Southampton to go down after John Motson had the gall to suggest we aren’t a big club but they are the fucking old tit.

Plus they bang on about their incredible academy and recruitment team so let’s relegate then then buy JWP, Boufal and Bertrand.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 02, 2018, 08:36:47 PM
Reply #32

bigmanbob

Shithouse behaviour that, a lot of the players will probably have their kids with them
Need to be careful with them tennis balls, they're deadly

May 03, 2018, 01:54:39 AM
Reply #33

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
West Ham aren’t going down unfortunately. So I’d sooner we relegate Southampton than see someone like Huddersfield or Swansea go

The Jacks all day long to go down
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 03, 2018, 02:00:05 AM
Reply #34

GrantyBoy78

I remember these cunts giving it the arl ‘why would Koeman join that tinpot club?’ Love to see them go down.

Yes, I do hold a grudge and have misplaced anger issues.

May 03, 2018, 02:28:18 AM
Reply #35

D15TIN

We'll beat these by a couple I think, weve been very strong at home last 2 years. 2-0 Tosun & Vlasic

May 03, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
Reply #36

Lxxx

They definitely haven’t got one of the worst squads in the league, it’s shocking management they’re even down there really.

May 03, 2018, 03:49:12 PM
Reply #37

GrantyBoy78

They definitely haven't got one of the worst squads in the league, it's shocking management they're even down there really.
I agree to an extent. The problem with being a selling club is that you only have to have a short spell where incoming transfers aren’t as good/productive as those who left, and you’re in the shit.

Boufal, Gabbiadini (after his initial goal glut has been awful, bullet dodged for us, there) Carrillo and Lemina have all been pretty poor. They also came from bigger teams so you’d question their hunger, too - a departure from the ‘stepping-stone’ philosophy that has served Soton well for so long.

I think momentum is important, too. Teams like Soton, West Brom and Stoke hjt their ceiling in the league and with owners not willing/able to spend to break that ceiling, the players, fans and club soon feel like they’ve achieved all they can and the inevitable downward trajectory begins. And it can gather pace pretty quickly.

May 03, 2018, 10:43:49 PM
Reply #38

themilkycoffees

Wouldn't be sorry to see these go down.

May 03, 2018, 10:46:17 PM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

One of the least pleasant people I've ever come across is a Saints supporter.  So they can get right fucked.

Oh when the Saints!  Go marching down!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 04, 2018, 12:24:36 AM
Reply #40

sam of the south

Would quite like Southampton to go down after John Motson had the gall to suggest we aren’t a big club but they are the fucking old tit.

Plus they bang on about their incredible academy and recruitment team so let’s relegate then then buy JWP, Boufal and Bertrand.

Really?

He must be going senile, he was always very respectful to us in the past.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 04, 2018, 12:28:40 AM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

He must be going senile, he was always very respectful to us in the past.

On koeman :

He said: “Will he go? I guess Everton are a big club, if we can use that expression. I don’t know why we say that because they’re not in the top six, Southampton are. It’s not a straightforward decision.“
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 04, 2018, 12:44:45 AM
Reply #42

sam of the south

On koeman :

He said: “Will he go? I guess Everton are a big club, if we can use that expression. I don’t know why we say that because they’re not in the top six, Southampton are. It’s not a straightforward decision.“

Ah I see.

Silly old sod, he’s finally got caught up in the rhetoric and agenda of modern football coverage in the EPL.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 04, 2018, 01:07:25 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ah I see.

Silly old sod, he’s finally got caught up in the rhetoric and agenda of modern football coverage in the EPL.

Shame isn’t it.

Stark reminder tho, even those who’ve seen us do it all have long forgotten.

May 04, 2018, 01:27:12 AM
Reply #44

boothill

Shame isn't it.

Stark reminder tho, even those who've seen us do it all have long forgotten.
remember motty passing the whitton end going up to the gantry in the semi against sheffield wed, shaking hands with the fans saying , love you blues fans etc etc, then brian robson came along behind him and the shit he took was terrible, motson stood there pissing himself laughing, robson bright red, fucking fuming