January 19, 2019, 10:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9743 times)

June 07, 2018, 04:57:44 PM
Reply #150

KoemansNumberTens

Has he actually enhanced his reputation at Stoke though? I'm not sure he'd be worth £25m+ if they'd survived the drop.

His numbers were pretty good last season. Not sure you get a good premier league player for less than 25m these days.

June 07, 2018, 05:01:01 PM
Reply #151

AllyBlue14

Has he actually enhanced his reputation at Stoke though? I'm not sure he'd be worth £25m+ if they'd survived the drop.

Exactly.

We have Walcott on one wing, he starts every week. At the moment we have Bolasie (who, as much as I like, would look to move on) and the relatively unknown quantity of Lookman on the other.

I'd much rather we stick to the Lozano-like targets than settle for someone like Shaqiri, who is the kind of player I'd expect us to end up with on Deadline Day after missing out on our first 4 options.

June 07, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
Reply #152

AllyBlue14

His numbers were pretty good last season. Not sure you get a good premier league player for less than 25m these days.

Yeah, but doesn't our policy stretch beyond that now? I thought last summer was the year of the 'good Premier League player'.

June 07, 2018, 05:16:51 PM
Reply #153

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, but doesn't our policy stretch beyond that now? I thought last summer was the year of the 'good Premier League player'.

We need a squad and getting a good player at half price seems a clever move. I want great young prospects too but thereís nothing wrong with a safe bet on the cheap to go with it.

Deals like this and Walcott arenít the problem. Itís the 45m for sigurdsson and 30 for Keane. Canít turn down a bargain when they are better than what we have

June 07, 2018, 05:59:18 PM
Reply #154

TheTone

I'd be all in for the shaq

June 07, 2018, 06:17:58 PM
Reply #155

dunkster

Is he left sided?  because I can't see him replacing Walcott on the right and he certainly won't be playing in the deeper midfield.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 06:38:33 PM
Reply #156

gizzblue

Fuck going cap in hand to any cunt who turned us down for stoke ....

Surely he's been a Liverpool supporter all his life and his dream is to play for them since he wore red pyjamas as a kid .
and he always hated Ramos anyway .
Born not made a blue .

June 07, 2018, 09:44:59 PM
Reply #157

AllyBlue14

We need a squad and getting a good player at half price seems a clever move. I want great young prospects too but thereís nothing wrong with a safe bet on the cheap to go with it.

Deals like this and Walcott arenít the problem. Itís the 45m for sigurdsson and 30 for Keane. Canít turn down a bargain when they are better than what we have

We do need a squad, but we also need to bring in quality. We'd then have 3 (or 4, if you count Mirallas) players who can cover the left.

He'd be ok as a back-up but the squad is bloated enough as it is. I'd rather take a punt on someone like Lozano, for example, with Lookman as an alternative.

June 07, 2018, 09:52:19 PM
Reply #158

Bluedylan

I just don't like him. I'm probably wrong, and he's probably a good option and has excellent stats and all that. But yeah, not into him at all.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 07, 2018, 10:13:15 PM
Reply #159

Macca77

He's a snide twat so the shite are the perfect club for him

June 07, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
Reply #160

Evertonian in NC

I just don't like him. I'm probably wrong, and he's probably a good option and has excellent stats and all that. But yeah, not into him at all.

I don't want the likes of him taking minutes away from Lookman, and eventually, Onyekuru.  Plus, as you allude, he's just such a total fucking cunt.  No more cunts unless they are really, really good please.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 07, 2018, 11:19:15 PM
Reply #161

Rodenplav64

Nope .

June 07, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Reply #162

Cozzie

I am gonna be 100% honest here, I was banging the Shaqiri drum a lot as soon as Stoke went down and wanted us to go for him.

After some extensive research and some adequate thinking time, I have come to the conclusion that he is basically just a compressed Kevin Mirallas.

Don't want him anymore. 

June 07, 2018, 11:39:09 PM
Reply #163

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I am gonna be 100% honest here, I was banging the Shaqiri drum a lot as soon as Stoke went down and wanted us to go for him.

After some extensive research and some adequate thinking time, I have come to the conclusion that he is basically just a compressed Kevin Mirallas.

Don't want him anymore.
Miles better than mirallas but it's still a no from me.
Simply simply lovely

June 07, 2018, 11:40:29 PM
Reply #164

blue slug

Totally agree BD, he's a mardy arse who offers fuck all when the games not going his way