November 18, 2018, 12:00:33 PM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9164 times)

June 07, 2018, 04:57:44 PM
Reply #150

KoemansNumberTens

Has he actually enhanced his reputation at Stoke though? I'm not sure he'd be worth £25m+ if they'd survived the drop.

His numbers were pretty good last season. Not sure you get a good premier league player for less than 25m these days.

June 07, 2018, 05:01:01 PM
Reply #151

AllyBlue14

Has he actually enhanced his reputation at Stoke though? I'm not sure he'd be worth £25m+ if they'd survived the drop.

Exactly.

We have Walcott on one wing, he starts every week. At the moment we have Bolasie (who, as much as I like, would look to move on) and the relatively unknown quantity of Lookman on the other.

I'd much rather we stick to the Lozano-like targets than settle for someone like Shaqiri, who is the kind of player I'd expect us to end up with on Deadline Day after missing out on our first 4 options.

June 07, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
Reply #152

AllyBlue14

His numbers were pretty good last season. Not sure you get a good premier league player for less than 25m these days.

Yeah, but doesn't our policy stretch beyond that now? I thought last summer was the year of the 'good Premier League player'.

June 07, 2018, 05:16:51 PM
Reply #153

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, but doesn't our policy stretch beyond that now? I thought last summer was the year of the 'good Premier League player'.

We need a squad and getting a good player at half price seems a clever move. I want great young prospects too but thereís nothing wrong with a safe bet on the cheap to go with it.

Deals like this and Walcott arenít the problem. Itís the 45m for sigurdsson and 30 for Keane. Canít turn down a bargain when they are better than what we have

June 07, 2018, 05:59:18 PM
Reply #154

TheTone

I'd be all in for the shaq

June 07, 2018, 06:17:58 PM
Reply #155

dunkster

Is he left sided?  because I can't see him replacing Walcott on the right and he certainly won't be playing in the deeper midfield.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 07, 2018, 06:38:33 PM
Reply #156

gizzblue

Fuck going cap in hand to any cunt who turned us down for stoke ....

Surely he's been a Liverpool supporter all his life and his dream is to play for them since he wore red pyjamas as a kid .
and he always hated Ramos anyway .
Born not made a blue .

June 07, 2018, 09:44:59 PM
Reply #157

AllyBlue14

We need a squad and getting a good player at half price seems a clever move. I want great young prospects too but thereís nothing wrong with a safe bet on the cheap to go with it.

Deals like this and Walcott arenít the problem. Itís the 45m for sigurdsson and 30 for Keane. Canít turn down a bargain when they are better than what we have

We do need a squad, but we also need to bring in quality. We'd then have 3 (or 4, if you count Mirallas) players who can cover the left.

He'd be ok as a back-up but the squad is bloated enough as it is. I'd rather take a punt on someone like Lozano, for example, with Lookman as an alternative.

June 07, 2018, 09:52:19 PM
Reply #158

Bluedylan

I just don't like him. I'm probably wrong, and he's probably a good option and has excellent stats and all that. But yeah, not into him at all.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 07, 2018, 10:13:15 PM
Reply #159

Macca77

He's a snide twat so the shite are the perfect club for him

June 07, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
Reply #160

Evertonian in NC

I just don't like him. I'm probably wrong, and he's probably a good option and has excellent stats and all that. But yeah, not into him at all.

I don't want the likes of him taking minutes away from Lookman, and eventually, Onyekuru.  Plus, as you allude, he's just such a total fucking cunt.  No more cunts unless they are really, really good please.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 07, 2018, 11:19:15 PM
Reply #161

Rodenplav64

Nope .

June 07, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Reply #162

Cozzie

I am gonna be 100% honest here, I was banging the Shaqiri drum a lot as soon as Stoke went down and wanted us to go for him.

After some extensive research and some adequate thinking time, I have come to the conclusion that he is basically just a compressed Kevin Mirallas.

Don't want him anymore. 

June 07, 2018, 11:39:09 PM
Reply #163

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I am gonna be 100% honest here, I was banging the Shaqiri drum a lot as soon as Stoke went down and wanted us to go for him.

After some extensive research and some adequate thinking time, I have come to the conclusion that he is basically just a compressed Kevin Mirallas.

Don't want him anymore.
Miles better than mirallas but it's still a no from me.
Simply simply lovely

June 07, 2018, 11:40:29 PM
Reply #164

blue slug

Totally agree BD, he's a mardy arse who offers fuck all when the games not going his way