December 11, 2018, 10:37:59 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 146997 times)

July 13, 2018, 04:51:27 AM
Reply #1230

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 13, 2018, 04:58:50 AM
Reply #1231

Bluedylan

Maybe they thought they could get Digne a fair bit cheaper (with a better pedigree so far), and that's why we've walked away from Tierney, for now.

Brands might actually be doing his job rather diligently, and we're all flapping about nothing.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 13, 2018, 04:59:14 AM
Reply #1232

Macca77

Finally hotting up a bit

July 13, 2018, 05:35:51 AM
Reply #1233

Ramjam

Maybe they thought they could get Digne a fair bit cheaper (with a better pedigree so far), and that's why we've walked away from Tierney, for now.

Brands might actually be doing his job rather diligently, and we're all flapping about nothing.
Celtic might be the ones flapping atm if they are relying on the Tierney money to strengthen in other areas, they might be getting a squeaky bum and agree on our terms and conditions before to long
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 13, 2018, 02:28:30 PM
Reply #1234

Hawkandro

I'd read somewhere that Seri suffers from really bad Chilblaines; which is why he had never moved to the UK before. If true, it could impact on his form throughout the season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 13, 2018, 03:31:01 PM
Reply #1235

Lxxx

Better pedigree usually comes with more competition though. Hopefully we have a compelling vision to sell now rather than 'we'll just pay you more than the other lot.'

July 13, 2018, 03:57:37 PM
Reply #1236

van der Meyde

It's pretty encouraging that there appears to be multiple targets that we're willing to go through if we get knocked back/think the fee is too high.

July 13, 2018, 04:42:34 PM
Reply #1237

Rodenplav64

I'd read somewhere that Seri suffers from really bad Chilblaines; which is why he had never moved to the UK before. If true, it could impact on his form throughout the season.

No doubt Nice is a bit warmer but I think the medical team may have looked at it . I saw that last year but I think Fulham have got themselves a Kante or Mahrez type signing there . I will be really surprised if he doesn't make a big impression this season . If they keep Dembele as well they could be a surprise package like they were when Tigana managed them a few years back . I am big Jokanovic fan as well .

July 13, 2018, 04:45:13 PM
Reply #1238

Waltzer

Digne is a step up from Tierney imo and would surely spell the end for Baines? Could imagine Tierney coming in and gently being bedded in,  would expect Digne to be in the team from the off.  Tierney could surpass him but hasn't had the platform to do it yet so would be a risk

July 13, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
Reply #1239

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
No doubt Nice is a bit warmer but I think the medical team may have looked at it . I saw that last year but I think Fulham have got themselves a Kante or Mahrez type signing there . I will be really surprised if he doesn't make a big impression this season . If they keep Dembele as well they could be a surprise package like they were when Tigana managed them a few years back . I am big Jokanovic fan as well .

Dembele's not been at Fulham for 4 years?
My momma says I'm special.

July 13, 2018, 05:06:11 PM
Reply #1240

blue slug

Dembele's not been at Fulham for 4 years?

Was thinking that the last dembele at Fulham was the young forward whose at celtic

July 13, 2018, 06:14:49 PM
Reply #1241

GrantyBoy78

Doucoure with a cryptic ‘wait and see’ tweet...

July 13, 2018, 06:19:15 PM
Reply #1242

Bluenose 91

Bet he just signs a new contract.

July 13, 2018, 06:31:14 PM
Reply #1243

Free Agent

You mean Sessegnon? not dembele.

July 13, 2018, 06:41:01 PM
Reply #1244

Makis

Just a ploy to get a new contract.