October 22, 2018, 07:59:12 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141783 times)

July 23, 2018, 05:52:58 PM
Reply #1830

Ramjam

Or maybe we have an agreement to move Bolasie on to greener pastures
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 23, 2018, 07:02:03 PM
Reply #1831

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
5/6 new signings eh?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 23, 2018, 07:06:23 PM
Reply #1832

gizzblue

5/6 new signings eh?

Like the sound of this with Marco and Marcel actually thinking about what and who ,in dread of the walsh Koeman  scattergun no 10s approach ,although I worry about the youth coming through getting time too ...if its to replace the likes of Bolasie ,Williams ,mirallas etc then great .

July 23, 2018, 07:21:03 PM
Reply #1833

van der Meyde

5 or 6 players in with an equivalent amount out the door over the next 2.5 weeks?

Believe it when I see it! :)

July 23, 2018, 07:24:47 PM
Reply #1834

School of Science

5 or 6 players in with an equivalent amount out the door over the next 2.5 weeks?

Believe it when I see it! :)

As long as it's not the scatter gun approach of last season I don't care.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 23, 2018, 07:34:33 PM
Reply #1835

Ross

Marco Silva is still waiting on his first signing as Everton manager, with the much-needed improvements to a poor squad yet to materialise. Interest has been registered in several left-backs, notably Celticís Kieran Tierney and Lucas Digne, and Digneís Barcelona teammate Yerry Mina is a central defensive target. An attacking midfielder is also wanted at a club looking to slash its squad size and wage bill.
Andy Hunter

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/22/summer-transfer-window-club-by-club-guide-premier-league

Thatís interesting didnít expect us to be looking for an attacking midfielder this summer.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 23, 2018, 07:38:26 PM
Reply #1836

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Andy Hunter

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/22/summer-transfer-window-club-by-club-guide-premier-league

That’s interesting didn’t expect us to be looking for an attacking midfielder this summer.

Would that not be Richarlison or are we classing him as a forward?
Simply simply lovely

July 23, 2018, 07:39:23 PM
Reply #1837

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Andy Hunter

Thatís interesting didnít expect us to be looking for an attacking midfielder this summer.

Maybe a misinterpretation/translation thing and it's the transitional CM we need?
because you're right, i think (short of doing an actual squad overhaul) we have sufficient forward threat going into the new season.

Unless he counts Richarlison. In which case, yeah, i agree we need him.

July 23, 2018, 07:39:45 PM
Reply #1838

Ross

Would that not be Richarlison or are we classing him as a forward?

Iíd have thought heíd be classed as a forward wouldnít he in a 433?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 23, 2018, 07:40:35 PM
Reply #1839

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I’d have thought he’d be classed as a forward wouldn’t he in a 433?
Hmm maybe yeah
Simply simply lovely

July 23, 2018, 07:41:36 PM
Reply #1840

Ross

Maybe a misinterpretation/translation thing and it's the transitional CM we need?
because you're right, i think (short of doing an actual squad overhaul) we have sufficient forward threat going into the new season.

Thatíd make more sense, canít see him counting Richarlison as a midfielder if we plan on going 433.

July 23, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
Reply #1841

Jamokachi

Andy Hunter

Mentions we sold Funes Mori for 4.4m there!

July 23, 2018, 07:44:19 PM
Reply #1842

Ross

Mentions we sold Funes Mori for 4.4m there!

Crazy fee.

July 23, 2018, 07:54:24 PM
Reply #1843

dunkster

I know it's early days, pre season and mixed players but there's still that lack of showing for the ball from the midfield from what I've seen. I'm hoping silva is going to get our central midfield getting into spaces quickly so we can get ball from defense to opposition half far quicker.
Players like jags and Keane shit themselves on the ball and if They don't have enough movement in front of them it just keeps going sideways and eventually hoofball if they get closed down.
Very much like England, it's all very well playing it out from the back but a stagnant midfield makes it bloody difficult.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 23, 2018, 08:05:50 PM
Reply #1844

van der Meyde

The snippet's about our transfer window and doesn't mention Richarlison at all, so I would assume it's referring to him. Probably copy that was filed before the news broke...