August 16, 2018, 09:55:31 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 128200 times)

June 06, 2018, 11:16:45 AM
Reply #405

Makis

Koke? You're having a laugh.
Werner was funnier.

June 06, 2018, 11:24:13 AM
Reply #406

Juanito

Superb news. Sounds like he has his head screwed on, his eyebrows must have hit the ceiling when he saw the ages, contract lengths and wages of some of these absolute scoundrels.

Hope rooney does the right thing and gets himself on that plane tomorrow morning.

Rooney
Schneiderlin
Williams
RFM
McCarthy if possible
Mirallas
Garbutt
Pennington
Browning

A wedge off the wages immediately that & barely touches the first team.

I would add Besic, Martina and Tarashaj to that list. And send Kenny and Dowell on loan.

June 06, 2018, 12:50:55 PM
Reply #407

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like we’ve had a complete rethink about the whole approach, which is good.

For our current status we can’t buy proven top level players so attempts at big spending are going to be on lesser players, which immediately lessens value for money/ potential growth.

We need to find our niche in the market again, which should be sensible acquisitions who can grow but with the option, should a big buy be right, to go large if we want.

It won’t be easy, as Brands says, to get shut of some of these players if who are on £100k in one window but if we loan two out and only pay half their wages we’d be effectively selling one/ plus getting a loan fee.

So if 6 (or equivalent) go we might get 3 players in who improve the team/ match day squad.

But this is where patience will be needed.

If we sell Williams and Mori I’d only imagine getting 1 CB in.

We might think that Robinson supporting Baines is a sensible (plus cheap) option in light of the above for this season.

June 06, 2018, 01:18:43 PM
Reply #408

indiantoffee1975

Werner was funnier.

Might be funny or laughable but they would need to be the benchmark for 6th and beyond unless ofcourse your happy with 7th at best.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:20:57 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

June 06, 2018, 02:04:35 PM
Reply #409

Ross

I would add Besic, Martina and Tarashaj to that list. And send Kenny and Dowell on loan.

No chance we should be selling Martina and loaning Kenny out at the same time it’d be a daft as having no proper cover for Baines for the last few seasons.

It’ll be one or the other that’s goes. I imagine it’s likely to be Kenny getting a season loan given Coleman’s quality with Martina staying as cover again for the odd game at rightback and emergency cover for Baines and probably Robinson on the left.

Dowells a difficult one to predict seeing as he did reasonably well last season at Forest could go either way for him, I reckon where he plays next season is likely to be dependent on what happens with Klassen.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 06, 2018, 02:07:59 PM
Reply #410

Nicco

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-try-offload-12-players-12652729
That was a message to other clubs. Starting the negotiations already in the papers with the words "This time you cant fucking rinse us."
We pay what WE think a player is worth, not the other way around
Jönköpings Södra IF

June 06, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
Reply #411

dunkster

Asked if that meant Everton need to sell to buy, he added: “Yes, but it's not only a money thing. Of course money is also important, but it is also for a coach it is not workable to start with 38 players in your squad.

Asked if owner Farhad Moshiri will pump more of his own money into transfers, after spending upwards of £150m on a disjointed, confused spending policy last summer, he said: “No. (he won't).

Seems like a blow to big spending to me
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 06, 2018, 02:34:17 PM
Reply #412

Cereal Killer

Asked if that meant Everton need to sell to buy, he added: “Yes, but it's not only a money thing. Of course money is also important, but it is also for a coach it is not workable to start with 38 players in your squad.

Asked if owner Farhad Moshiri will pump more of his own money into transfers, after spending upwards of £150m on a disjointed, confused spending policy last summer, he said: “No. (he won't).

Seems like a blow to big spending to me

Seems like the sensible approach so clubs don't go "oh Everton have a massive wedge to splash again, let's double the asking price"

June 06, 2018, 02:46:31 PM
Reply #413

dunkster

He could have said "there will be some funding available but it's necessary to trim the squad first"..something like that.

Only a tiny percentage of fans read these threads on forums. The majority see news in the papers and they are all now reading 'cash strapped everton need to sell in order to buy'.
I mean, it's obvious to all, the squad needs to be reduced significantly.
But for the majority, who may have got a bit excited by the new brands/silva partnership, they may be left just a little deflated.
Not saying I believe there's no money available mind
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 06, 2018, 02:49:45 PM
Reply #414

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
But hang on a minute, i thought there was a time stamp on the interview telling me i was wrong and only hearing what i wanted to hear?

This 'sell-to-buy' thing though, it's more about wages and squad size than it is going back to no having a pot to piss in. We just need to clear the boards a little bit.

It may be that, chronologically, some players do come in before we've cleared everything out - but if they do, it will be because all parties have all but agreed on players going out the door at some point.

June 06, 2018, 02:51:23 PM
Reply #415

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He could have said "there will be some funding available but it's necessary to trim the squad first"..something like that.

Only a tiny percentage of fans read these threads on forums. The majority see news in the papers and they are all now reading 'cash strapped everton need to sell in order to buy'.
I mean, it's obvious to all, the squad needs to be reduced significantly.
But for the majority, who may have got a bit excited by the new brands/silva partnership, they may be left just a little deflated.
Not saying I believe there's no money available mind

He’s fully explained himself and what he means in the interview.

If people are going to wind themselves up by just reading the headline and not the whole article then that’s their perogative.

We have a squad of 38 with one of the highest wage bills in Europe. To spend on top of that and not have a major clear out would be very needless.

June 06, 2018, 02:57:40 PM
Reply #416

dunkster

I think Brands may have to learn how the British press will spin what he says  and doesn't say and need to be a bit  more careful of his wording.
I'd imagine he'll read the rags this morning and be like "fuck me, I didn't say we were broke"
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 06, 2018, 02:59:09 PM
Reply #417

di_guyo

Might be funny or laughable but they would need to be the benchmark for 6th and beyond unless ofcourse your happy with 7th at best.

We're miles off that, and we're not just going to go out and sign top UCL talent out of nowhere are we? Why on earth would they come to Everton? Be honest with yourself.
Everton & Atleti

June 06, 2018, 03:07:52 PM
Reply #418

dunkster

I'm happy enough with 7th as long as we've shown improvements on a whole lot of levels. Firstly this bullshit squad gets trimmed right down. Secondly I see a style of football that makes watching everton enjoyable again. If silva can get the best out of the players and maybe bring out the best in players that other managers had discarded like klaasen.
If silva looks as though, given time he will continue to close that gap on the top 6, then I don't mind 7th.
There's such a big job here to do in this first 12 months before we really get to talking top of table
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

June 06, 2018, 03:39:12 PM
Reply #419

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
That was a message to other clubs. Starting the negotiations already in the papers with the words "This time you cant fucking rinse us."
We pay what WE think a player is worth, not the other way around

That's what I thought as well when reading it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: